Foster's West Bay
US$420
US$406
US$750
Travelocity
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$234
  • Breakfast included
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$150
US$426
TripAdvisor
All reviewstree housedive shopquiet endlocation location locationbeautiful oceancoffee makersand fliesisland lifecruise shipwater taxilobster tailcentral americalive musicweek staybar restaurantother resortsfosters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Honestly after my experiences on roatan Fosters was a breath of fresh air. They're the only locally owned resort on the island and consequently you really do feel the authenticity of the cabins. We were in sky cabana #3 and hands down had the best view that was available at ANY of the resorts in west bay. It rocked a bit when you walked up the stairs and you felt a bit like you were in a tree house, but you had an amazing view of the Caribbean and lots of space.
The staff are SUPER well trained here too. Big kudos to Roger and Edwin, two restaurant staff members who made our experience even more memorable than it was. To Leslie too, who was a pleasure to talk to before coming to fosters and during our stay. When we were leaving everyone gave us hugs and we really felt like we belonged to the family in a strange way. Also their food is much better than most food on the island; which is worth staying there alone in my opinion!

Also their connected dive shop is amazing -- you gotta go say hi to Julie, Federico and Patrick.

Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Frestonian90
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We rented the 3 br lower roundhouse from Jan 22nd to the 29th. It all started at check in when we were told the tax rate fluctuates on the island and had to fork out $42 dollars more than the agreed total via several emails. Yet, every restaurant we ate at had the same, unchanged tax rate. Hmmm.... Just a way to get more money out of your pocket.
Now to the Foster Pit. Mold on the ceiling, the walls, but especially in the bathrooms. The grout in the bathroom tiles was horrible. Plus, broken tile lying throughout the house. You didn't/couldn't take a shower without wearing flip flops. Dead insects laying throughout the house, plus live ones crawling as well. There's no way you even want to use any of the plates, glasses or silverware that is supplied. Also, we had to put our crackers in the frig or microwave to keep the ants out. The frig did work well but mold and rust were in abundance on the exterior. The icing on the cake was the hairy, nappy looking hair roller lying on the living room floor the entire week. Daily maid service? If you want to call it that. I wasn't brave enough to look under the bed.
The upside of Foster's was the location. It sat on the best section of West Bay beach. Towards the other end, people are packed in like sardines. Very nice beach chairs and the beach staff was very accommodating. The grounds were well maintained. As for Foster's restaurant, excellent food .
Overall, we made the best of the situation, which was amazing that 6 women could do that in those conditions. Unless they do some major cleaning and interior maintenance, we won't be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lovesthesun84
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Foster’s Resort West Bay Resort for a week at Christmas, 2013, and it is a secluded place to stay with well maintained grounds. It is at the end of the West Bay beach with a quiet location. If you desire to go to down the beach into the mix, it is just a walk away. The resort is serene and has gorgeous views of the ocean. Most of the units are beach front and there are several different types of units for everyone from all walks of life and number of people in your party. Mr. Foster, the owner, is a wonderful, dedicated man with a 200 year family history of being on the island. His daily, hands on, accommodating attitude and his family members have made the place fabulous. The on-site restaurant and bar on the beach was a great gathering place for our entire family with great meals and good times during the day. At the other end of the beach, at the point, is the most outstanding off-beach snorkeling one can find. The conveniently located on-site dive operation, Anemona Divers, has great, friendly staff. I highly recommend Forster’s and plan to go back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank conciej
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Excelent location, right on the edge of West Bay the best beach in Roatan. Family Owned, brothers (Thank You Congue and Brother), fathers (Mr. Foster Senior and Junior) and even the Grandfather (Mr. Foster Senior) walks around the place checking everything Okay. The cabins: My God! You name your style (there is even a Tree House like above 20 ft -25 ft high!), with nice accomodations, we stayed for 11 Nights so I know what I am talking about. Not a simple complaint about anything and let me tell you, I am very sensible about good service for my money's worth. The restaurant okay, right in front of the beach. This is definetely your best option for West Bay in Roatan in the range of $150 to $200 a night. Believe me, it's worth it, I didn't even notice our neighbours. On purpose I left about 200$ dollars worth of scuba equipment in front of our cabin for all our stay, nobody touch a thing. I left my camera equipment and even money inside my room, and room service didn't touch a thing. Absolutely a satisfied customer. For the sake of the truth perhaps the main entrance of the resort needs a little work, the first time I got in I thought: Oh my God! what have I done, but don't fool your self and because my cabin was underneath another cabin I heard all the noises and tremors my upper neighbours make and almost broke a window, but in the overall, I give Foster's accomodation, location, service and all, a nice 98% of satisfaction. PLEASE: IF YOU NEED A TAXI DRIVER, ISLAND GUIDE IN ROATAN that you could trust, I can recommend a very good friend: Josué Cristóbal Leiva (Here is his Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/josue.leivaramos?fref=ts (PHONE: +504 9943 4593 OR +504 2455 7226) a brother, a friend with the highest moral fiber, highly educated, servicial, prompt to respond, someone to rely on, not expensive, nice family van (he helped us for 11 days the first time 4 days, so 15 days of service and we were 11 people in total) I even got to know his beautiful wife Mrs. Gina and had lunch at his house in El Esfuerzo, so again, I know what I am talking about) please give yourself the opportunity to know this beautiful and noble human being and give him work, it's more than your money could pay. Oh! I forgot, music live on thursdays, fridays and saturdays I think, that it ended at a nice sleeping respecting our (not a very good repertoir though ajaja).

Room Tip: Ask for the cabins in the upper level because the lower ones feel and hear the noise and movement from the upper ones but I am guessing, It doesn't work the way around.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Questomaniac
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We came in the evening and were looking for an accommodation. They charged us 90 US dollars, whereas others paid less we found out later. Also the bed was full with ants and the toilet didn't work. The owner was nice enough to return 20 US$ and did his best to repair the damage. But this experience on our honeymoon as our first day was a poor start. We wouldn't recommend staying here, run down accommodation, bad service and a dirty place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple