Just returned from my 6th stay at Bananrama. This resort is located at the center of West Bay beach which is the most beautiful beach on Roatan. Roatan is very convient to get to from the U.S. You can fly either Continental out of Houston, TX. or Delta out of Atlanta, GA. and arrive by midday on Saturday and still have plenty of time to get into the water after checking in. If you are a first timer Louise who takes reservations for the resort can help you with any questions or issues that you may have. In addition to the beautiful beach there is also a great reef right in front of the resort that has an abundance of interesting marine life. This time of year (April 9-16) is a great time to visit as every single day was warm and not a cloud in the sky. The dense tropical plantings at Bananama are not only beautiful but also shade you from the afternoon sun. The cabanas are simple but this helps keep them affordable. Most resorts on the beach tend to charge far more for lodging. The Thirsty Turtle beach bar is fun and is where people from the other resorts hang out as well so you know that you are in the right place. However, the bar does close at 10p each night to ensure that noise is not an issue for guests trying to sleep. Bananrama's owner Guy St. Louis is a big-hearted man who is commited to giving back to the community of Roatan he is involved with everything from the local marine park, the orphanage, and the clinic to finding homes for stray cats. If you love the water, warm weather, sandy beaches and an escape from the daily grind this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay