We rely on Trip Advisor reviews for our vacations and were very glad we decided on the Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort . We booked our week long stay through emails with Jane and she was very helpful in answering our questions. It is very reasonably priced. When we arrived in Roatan we were met at the airport and were helped with our bags. It was a short van ride to the resort and our relaxing vacation began. Upon check in, we were provided with wi-fi passwords for as many devices as we needed. The wi-fi worked all through the resort and on the beach. We received a tour of the resort which was nice in helping us get acquainted with what it had to offer. The resort is very laid-back and relaxed. Don't bring shoes or fancy clothes. You can feel free to go barefoot all through the resort. Shorts, tank-tops and a bathing suit coverup are all you need. We stayed a garden cabana. It was perfect. It was steps away from the dive shop, the restaurant and the beach. As others have reported, this is not an American type high rise resort. It is rustic and we feel it provided an appropriate relaxed atmosphere. Our room was always swept out and cleaned each morning when we got back from our snorkelling with cute towel animals created on the bed. The best was early morning coffee on the little front porch in rocking chairs. The coffee is brought in from the mainland , hand ground and sold by the maids to raise money to help support them to provide school supplies and medical supplies for their families. We also took Infant formula and baby bottles to help support some of the ongoing philanthropy the resort takes one. Even being steps away from the other cabanas, it was quiet. The Bananarama was exactly what we expected and what we were looking for in our Roatan vacation. We highly recommend it for other travelers.
The snorkelling just off the beach was the best we have seen in the entire Caribbean!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay