We stayed at Bananarama for a week; we purchased one of the packages that included food, a room, and 10 dives.
We stayed in cabana #6, which was lovely and perfect if you want to be a bit further away from the hustle and bustle of the beach and the dive shop. It has a king bed, microwave, fridge, coffee pot, alarm clock, and a small balcony. The only thing it didn't have was a hammock, but that didn't matter to us because the balcony was nice (great for drinking coffee in the morning before diving).
The resort itself was exactly what we wanted - unpretentious, friendly staff, beautiful beach, casual environment. It felt relaxed, safe, and happy!
The dive shop was great! They were very organized. The gear and boats were in good condition. The divemaster we had for the week (Zoe) was awesome - very enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and always trying to tailor the dive sites to the interests and experience of the group. We dove every morning at 8 am, got back to Bananarama about 12-1 p.m., had lunch, and spent the afternoons relaxing. Perfect. We had so much fun, we even ended up booking three extra dives, including a night dive. We would definitely dive with Bananarama again!
The only thing I would do differently is I don't think I would purchase the food package again. It's not that the food tasted bad, but it was very "American" - lots of cheese, deep-fried dishes, and things you'd find on American menus (burgers, pizza, taco salads, fries or chips with everything and mayo on everything). Not a lot of truly healthy options, and to make it trickier, I'm vegetarian and lactose intolerant, which left me with little choice. By the end of the week I would have died for something fresh and healthy. I think their best dishes were the rotating "typical" dishes (beans & rice, etc.) and the breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay