“Fabulous Tropical Resort and Friendly Staff made for the BEST Vacation Ever!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Ocean City Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

The Bananarama Resort was magnificent!!! The Villas are tucked away in an island oasis created by Guy, Phil and the most friendly staff you could ever imagine!! The villas were clean and our housekeeper, who's name I can't remember, was there everyday making sure everything was perfect! The villas are surrounded by sand so this was not an easy task keeping things clean. Breakfast was prepared and served each morning by the friendly wait staff and Karolina made certain everyone was well fed and ready for the day!!!
We witnessed the most beautiful wedding on the beach!!!

The snorkeling and diving in Roatan were incredible!!! It was a great getaway!!!

My wife and I will definitely be back to Bananarama!!!!

Thanks to everyone at the Bananarama Resort!!! We love ya!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BestAquatic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Escondido, Ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

This is my 3rd year going to Roatan and staying at Bananarama. The owners, Guy & Tina and a great many of their staff (Caroleena(special person), Jessica, Vilma, Tim, Puma) really went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed to have a great time. I can't say enough about the staff that Guy & Tina have employed there. I know that Iv'e left some out (not on purpose) but I came home from my vacation with a few less brain cells than I started with. It happened to be my birthday while we were there, and I was completely suprised(ambushed is more like it!) with a huge home made birthday cake. Delicious too. There was enough cake me and my friends, and plenty enough for me to be able to give a piece to every staff member working and many of the guest that were nearby that evening. I didn't feel any older, just kind of special. I know, kind of mushy. Anyway, a good time was had by all. Thanks to everyone at Bananarama, Island Pearl, and The Thirsty Turtle. See you next year!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank outboardjohn
washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

this was my 2nd trip to roatan. the first time i went i ended up spending all my time at bananarama's restaurant/bar since it's right on the beach so i stayed right at the resort this time. i really couldn't come up with anything to complain about if i tried. i stayed in several different rooms while i was there this time and all of them were nice and clean with balconies and hammocks, air conditioning, refrigerators. bananarama's situated directly on the most beautiful beach on the island and i literally never wanted to leave to go anywhere else. everybody is extremely friendly, guests and staff alike. throughout the week the bartenders and servers get to know you and all the guests quickly become friends, snorkeling and having dinner together. i'm one more visit away from never going back home!

Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

We had the best time at Bananaarma The staff was the best! The service was good Puma Tim Scott Wilma At the Thirsty Turtle keep us very Happy. The watters were great the food was good. We were their for 14 day. Martine At the dive shop saved my trip. Frist dive in a year got water in my nose freked out a little and could not get down Martine came to my aid got me settled down Had a great time and went on two more dives thanks Martine! Third trip and it just keeps geting better.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

I just returned from my second trip to Roatan, and this time I stayed at Bananarama for 8 days. I cannot say enough good things about the helpfulness of the staff, the cleanliness of the resort, and the beauty of the beach. The owners, Guy and Tina, are wonderful people, and it's visibly apparent that they have a great working relationship with their staff. I don't think I have ever seen employees of a resort do their jobs with more enthusiasm and genuineness than the staff at Bananarama. Tim, Scott, Puma, Stephen, and Wilma at the Thirsty Turtle kept us laughing (and our beers cold), and the service at Island Pearl is unsurpassed (thank you Angela, Adam, and Gabriel). If you are looking for an inexpensive, comfortable, clean, fun resort with attentive staff and a beautiful beach, you will be very happy here.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

Bananarama was very calm and relaxing! We stayed in cabana 4.....I think for optimal privacy choose cabana 3, 4 or 5. It was clean and had everything we needed.....it's rustic but not run down or bad in anyway. The staff was always grooming the repairing things.The power never went out while we were there...I read something about someone saying the generator went all day...but I think what they heard was the compressor at the dive shop, for air for the tanks...but I didnt find it bothersome. I didn't find the girls at the reception overly friendly but not rude either. They have activities every night...movies, wii, karaoke, fire dancers.....
Breakfast was good....it's a fixed menu with something different everyday....omlet, croissant mcmuffin, eggs.... and also cereal everyday and fruit......keep in mind its only served between 8-9. The location is great but I don't think you can go wrong with any location in West Bay. The bed was ok...not luxe either....some of the sheets were pilly which kinda grosses me out but we just had the maid change them and it was all good. Overall it was a great experience...we were looking for something low key and this was the perfect place!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

Banarama is an ideal place to stay. Separate bungalows allow privacy to take a nap in your hammock, or go to the beach and Thirsty Turtle Bar/Restaurant. You don't need to dress up to go anywhere, just show up in your bathing suit, shoes optional. Carolina and Jessica are wonderful hostesses and make you feel right a home. We walked to West End every morning, rain or shine. It's a great way to see all the other resorts and do some shopping in West End. We're planning to return with our grandkids next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Bay
#5 of 14 in West Bay
Foster's West Bay
Foster's West Bay
#9 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!