Just came back from my 5th stay at Bananarama. I keep coming back because: 1. The superior staff. Everyone from the grounds crew to the owners are always cheerful and willing to stop whatever they are doing to help you in any way that they can. Never, in all of the time that I have spent there have I ever encountered a rude or sullen employee at this resort. The tone is set by the owner Guy, who refers to the guests as his "family", that attitude trickles down to everyone else working there. 2. The Resort. I love the simple, cabin-style accomodations set in lush tropical foliage. They provide the basics at reasonable prices. 3. Since everything I need is either onsite or nearby I save additional money by not having to rent a car. 4. The reef. None of the above would matter to me if there wasn't a great reef right off the beach in front of Bananarama. This means that I can snorkel whenever I want for as long as I want and I don't have to hire a boat or be on someone else's timetable. The morning that I left to go home I snorkeled for 1 hour and saw 4 sea turtles. This review wouldn't be complete without a few "Shout Outs". Thanks to Owner Guy and partner Phil for taking the time everyday to make sure that everything is ok or just to say hello. They are attentive but never intrusive. Special thanks to Phil for the great cigar. Thanks to Louise who is ever helpful when i make my reservations. The gals at reception are not only a great help but give hugs to returning guests. The entire wait staff is great but special recognition for Tim & Vilma two top flight bartenders. Thanks to Carolina for the lovely gift, to Jessica who keeps the cheeseburgers coming, and Shany for the spanish lessons. Lastly thank you to Head Maid Marleny who was always pleasant even though she had the toughest job at the resort - cleaning up every morning after a sloppy bachelor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay