Sorry to be such a downer, but I am completely disappointed in this place. I paid more than most of the other resorts with the expectation that the service would be worth it. Starting out with the reservations, going through the I internet, with a quote and availability check. Got, then made my flight reservations. As soon as I did that, I called the hotel to confirm eveything. THEN they said they had no rooms. Why why you have to plug in your check in and out dates, would it come back with a quote for those dates if no rooms were available?? After some conversations, they found a room. The problem, is, my whole trip I feel like I have to complain before I get basic service. That starts to feel pretty icky, as that is not the trip vibe I wanted. When I checked in I asked that they have my bag brought to the room so I could check in at the dive center. 1 hour later, it had not moved. They never told me about any excursions that i might want to do or what meals looked like with my all inclusive rate, I just had to keep walking around asking. Kind of annoyed with things, decided on night two to have a mojito.....sorry out of luck, ok, then, how about a mai tai...sorry, out of luck.....
i could go on but i wont. In the end, i don' t mind the level of service, if I weren't paying for it. It is no way justfied. On another note, dive shop folks were friendly and we're very accomodating.
I would not recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay