“Impeccable grounds, gorgeous beach and pool, great place.”

Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here for a week, I must say, this resort has the best pool I have ever seen. Tons of room to just lay and tan in the water, falls, bridges, loads of chairs and cute little huts for afternoon naps. The grounds are immaculate,lush flowers and trees everywhere you look. I stayed in one of the new rooms above the reception which was gorgeous, overlooking the pool, AC worked great and cleaned very well every day. I also stayed in the beachfront condo, a little more dated but still an amazing clean place footsteps from the beach, what a treat. The breakfast was always delicious, service was fine and the drinks/food were quite pricy of you are not on the all incl package. I enjoyed going to Bananarama for their happy hour for drinks instead, better night life, more people, better prices, although do not expect to party too late on west bay. Hit West end for a night up 'til the wee hours. I had a mani-pedi at the spa and it was amazingly cheap and great. Snorkelling was amazing and the diving was fun and relaxing. I truly encourage anyone to pick this place for a great relaxing time. Will definitely be back at Mayan Princess.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ilovefromage

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Except form management and the need to go everyday to complain from your room the rest is paradise........Excellent impeccable beach,crystal clear waters. common areas pool ,flowers and plants.The great attention from restaurant,bar,breakfast and beach staff is superb...now when you go to your room there is nobody checking them before you arrive...oxide side fridge,missing closet doors..coffee makers,caps , plates internet connection, etc...and details that is not my job and the less we want is going daily to reception to go over each issue...and the answers were not always nice,depending who was there at the time..There is not a head that consolidate all the problems and make you feel that someone pays attention to you.We could never had seen a person from management getting back to us.
Some rooms and better kept than others, there are individually owned manged by Mayan Princess Resort and they should keep the rooms in good condition before you arrive.
There is a great place to snorkeling walking to the left of the complex on the end...
A big problem also is the complex that charges much more than others is that get large groups of people from cruises and you little and quiet paradise becomes a noisy and crowed place...not the place you planned to go to relax..

Room Tip: Beach front second floor on the sister building of the complex...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Beautifully landscaped pool setting is in the heart of West Bay Beach. There is easy access to restaurants and bars and a very short walk up the beach to snorkeling & diving. Wonderful hospitality is delivered by the gracious staff...from the helpful front desk to the restaurant/palapa...a special thanks to Yean for her excellent customer service. We have already made reservations for our next year's return to the Mayan.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BreezinDelta
Reviewed 16 June 2014

just got back from vacationing in Roatan and staying at the mayan princess and I have to say it was one of the best trips I have ever been on! the resort was awesome. always had great service and everyone was so friendly! we were friends with just about every bar tender at the place by the time we left. never had to wait more than a few seconds for drinks and towards the end of out stay, the bartenders knew out order and would just bring us drinks without asking! we did the all inclusive mainly for the alcohol which worked out fabulously! the food was ok, we ate breakfast there most days (if we were up in time, by 930 usually there is not much left which kinda sucked when we wanted to sleep in) and dinner at the two all inclusive resturants which had decent food. if there was one thing I would change it would be how long the buffets are open. the nightly entertainment was awesome! we got to karaoke 2 nights in a row which was a blast! the resort is in a great location, close to so much! overall our experience was great and we will defintley return to the mayan princess in the future!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We didn't stay here, but we took a taxi from the cruise port to this resort. I knew that the beach was free, but the taxi driver insisted we had to "pay to get in". I told her she was wrong, and she quickly backtracked to say that the $10 would get us access to the bar and the loungers. I was intending to rent beach chairs anyways, so this seemed like a fair deal, albeit sketchy that the taxi driver was pressuring us. All in all, it was certainly worth the $10. I were staying at the resort, I would be annoyed that the taxi drivers are encouraging cruisers to come to the resort! It definitely gets busier when cruise ships are in port. The bar service was slower than I would have liked. The outdoor furniture near the bar area was really comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nickjwebster
Reviewed 8 June 2014

let's start by saying this place is perfect food is ok! night life is not so good probably because is off season so they dont plan anything . beach is beautiful . set up very nice, some staff are ok and there are others they get 5 stars service also. GM not so friendly is around all the time but does not even smile or say hello. Rooms are great spacious and clean.
Now the only thing that really got me upset is NOT wifi that is ridiculous, I am here since wednesday june 4th-9th not internet i need to check on my kids my pet hotel my flight out of here on monday! they did not make an effort to fix it.
I recommend the glass boat and snorkeling with captain Juan it was awesome i will not go with anybody also his station is by infinity bay look him up. hasta pronto!!!

Room Tip: all room are great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dahale
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Went for a week at the end of May to dive. The hotel grounds are beautiful and well kept. The pool was generally quiet and relaxing. The bar is pretty mellow. The bars down the beach are much more lively and fun. If your looking for a quiet trip the Mayan princess is the place. Rooms were clean, and there was always bottled water available. We paid for the breakfast Buffett to be included but since I was diving every morning I rarely took advantage and could have done without. I would definitely recommend this place, but don't go anywhere on the island and expect good service. They all run on island time and you generally have to ask for things twice. Expect to wait a long time for food and drinks, but enjoy every minute! Roatan is magical!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Parrot Tree Beach Resort
Parrot Tree Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in First Bight
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Been to Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort? Share your experiences!