Second time at this resort and really enjoy it. There were only two con's for me and that is why I ranked 4 instead of 5. Con's: 1-food- would be nice if they offered more of a selection. Many of the dinner options were unavailable the entire week I was there, so that made selections slim at night. Serving more people at the 3 menu restaurants would also be nice. There were only 1 reservation taken per every 15 minutes, so when in a restaurant there would only be a few other tables of people. Seems like if they had more servers they could have served more people and the dinner reservation times would not have been so hard to get. 2- alcoholic drinks- bartenders pored half shot drinks. Not that I am a really big drinker, but I am on vacation! If you asked for a full shot or an extra one, bartenders did oblige, but I do not think you should have to ask.
Pro's- pool, beach, atmosphere, and room. If you like the sun, being laid backed, a big pool, and clear Caribbean waters...this is the place for you! I had a beach front condo and it was clean and spacious. Yes, I did notice a smell sometimes from the faucet, but this is Honduras and not the US, their sewer systems do not work the way ours do. It is not that big of a deal. Would also like to give a shout out to Glenda. She remembered me from my trip 2 years ago and is a terrific person and employee! Really, all of the staff were fantastic, from the desk to housekeeping. I was able to get an 1.5 hour late check out and that was nice too since I had a 3:30 flight.
My trip #2 was just as good as the first one and I will be back! I do recommend this place for you! If you are a diver...even more. I dove with onsite shop, Mayan Divers and wrote a review for them as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay