“Great vacation again!”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Austin, Texas
“Great vacation again!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Second time at this resort and really enjoy it. There were only two con's for me and that is why I ranked 4 instead of 5. Con's: 1-food- would be nice if they offered more of a selection. Many of the dinner options were unavailable the entire week I was there, so that made selections slim at night. Serving more people at the 3 menu restaurants would also be nice. There were only 1 reservation taken per every 15 minutes, so when in a restaurant there would only be a few other tables of people. Seems like if they had more servers they could have served more people and the dinner reservation times would not have been so hard to get. 2- alcoholic drinks- bartenders pored half shot drinks. Not that I am a really big drinker, but I am on vacation! If you asked for a full shot or an extra one, bartenders did oblige, but I do not think you should have to ask.
Pro's- pool, beach, atmosphere, and room. If you like the sun, being laid backed, a big pool, and clear Caribbean waters...this is the place for you! I had a beach front condo and it was clean and spacious. Yes, I did notice a smell sometimes from the faucet, but this is Honduras and not the US, their sewer systems do not work the way ours do. It is not that big of a deal. Would also like to give a shout out to Glenda. She remembered me from my trip 2 years ago and is a terrific person and employee! Really, all of the staff were fantastic, from the desk to housekeeping. I was able to get an 1.5 hour late check out and that was nice too since I had a 3:30 flight.
My trip #2 was just as good as the first one and I will be back! I do recommend this place for you! If you are a diver...even more. I dove with onsite shop, Mayan Divers and wrote a review for them as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lashcroft
Janeth T, Manager at Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
We are so happy to hear that you had such a great vacation with us. It's great that we were able to meet your expectations the second time around. I'll be sure to send this post to our staff, including Glenda. They all will be happy to see your review. Thank you for your feedback, it's always very important to know what our guests think about the resort.
We hope to see you again in a near future.
Enjoy your day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is the perfect example of a resort where its people makes all the difference -

I was here in early July and Yean at the Front Desk helped me out immensely with what could've been a disastrous visit. The hotel's gift shop was already closed and the local market in West Bay ran out of it. I was frantically looking for tampons, (among all things) right before a night dive...this is an emergency for a female - it was a learning experience visiting Roatan (how inaccessible these things are down there). :( I've been on the island 4 times in 20 months but never thought anything of it - and it wasn't supposed to happen yet that week; so ladies, whether or not you think it's that time, please bring some with you.

Then Yean came to my rescue - her and Oliver (are such a great team). Yean, without hesitation asked Oliver (the driver) to see if he could drive to Eldon's in Coxen Hole to get them for me...these two saved my life, they went above and beyond what I had expected.

It's things like these that makes a guest loyal to a resort. Thank you, Mayan Princess for putting together such a dedicated and professional team! I will be back soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LJ M
I’m so happy to see that you were able to have an enjoyable stay at the resort. It's seems you had a great time! I will be sure to let Yean and Oliver know how impressed you were with their service. Your mention is very encouraging and helps us to ensure that we continue on this track of excellence.
Thank you so much for your great review and we hope to see you again.
Enjoy your day.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed there 7 long can't wait to come home days! The water in the faucet stunk like sewer water, we all got attacked with bites all over by sand fleas that traveled into our room or they were bed bugs in the bed. A lot of us got diareah and vomiting ( maybe the water), no room service ( had to tell the waitress that i would give get a good tip so she could bring the food up) extremely poor night entertainment and food was ok.. Nothing out of this world. The island was very poor looking and beaches were beautiful! In the resort you get bombarded by locals every 2 seconds trying to sell u something. Very annoying.

• Stayed July 2014
Franksville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We spent 12 long days at the resort. Yes, the beach was beautiful and the pools were great. Our room had a terrible sewer smell for the entire length of our visit. The food was okay. Most of the food arrived cold, the lobster was always over-cooked. They did not have premium liquors. Their choices were very limited and when they ran out they never replaced the bottle. Their tonic water must have been generic, because it didn't taste like tonic we get in the states. I would definitely go back to the island but NOT to the Mayan Princess resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol A
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Excellent place to stay, amazing beach, super clean! Would recommend for family and get away! I loved the beach. They do an amazing job keeping it clean. We had a few maintenance issues but they were resolved right away. Most of the staff were very helpful but I most mention that Mario and Douglas were always ready to assist with almost anything, from maintenance issues to planing trips. It was an amazing vacation and excellent choice of resort. I would definitely go back. The only thing I can say that needs a lot of improvement is that the food even though it was good they need more selection, also the service of the bartenders not so good even though we tip them every time they would not go out their way to get you a drink. The buffet was very small and not much to choose from. Other than that great location, super clean, beds super comfortable. Two nice pool always super clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elena195
Janeth T, Manager at Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
I'm so happy to see that you and your family had a nice vacation with us. Sounds like Mario and Douglas took good care of you during your entire stay. Our beach is one of a kind and I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share it with our entire staff. We hope to see you all again!
Reviewed 16 July 2014

One of the best diving programs I have ever used. The dive staff made the resort staff look horrible! The staff was so helpful
And friendly. Only half the menu was available for dinner. We paid extra for vip bar priveleges and did not receive. Quite disappointed in food. Dined next door at Fosters and paid, well worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Stpatty13
Ridge Manor, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great great place to stay, beautiful beach and view is spectacular ! Would recommend for family or for romantic getaway. We loved the pool ! Our family loved it very much. Food was very good also. Ready to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 21Angela_S
Janeth T, Manager at Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you so much for your great review! It's great to know that we were able to meet your expectation and make this an amazing experience for you and your entire family. We hope to see you all again.