1,161 results
All reviews a la carte restaurants west end living room la sirenas fish all inclusive package sunwing rep bottled water day pass an excursion dive resort cruise ship pool view ocean front full kitchen water taxi t shirts
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Stayed in a 2 bedroom junior suite, which was very spacious and clean. Had one issue with the room, which was fixed quickly. Our room was in the building that has the reception area, which was farthest from the beach but still not far. I suspect all of the rooms would be considered a "good" location since the resort isn't that big. The resort was pretty quiet even though there were a lot of people there, so I don't think noise is a factor in room location either.

Service was good, food was very good. If you want waffles for breakfast, plan to wait, as they are made fresh and there is only one waffle-maker. Variety of foods served on the buffets was good, and the food was well-prepared.

Pools were clean and not over-crowded. The layout of the pool was really nice, as it was one long pool that felt like a bunch of smaller pools and had nice waterfalls and other "scenery" to make it look even prettier.

The beach is clean, with soft white sand. There is a small area of "private beach" between the resort and the water, then the "public" area from there to the water, where the peddlers will roam all day. The area is safe, so we walked up and down the beach at night.

Very convenient to have Mayan Divers onsite, with their great staff.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine K
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I am enjoying my stay at the Mayan princess. I have one of the one-bedroom Villas, sharing with another girlfriend. Beautiful pool. The diving is fine. They have a well coordinated dive operation. Very friendly and helpful staff. Watch on Sundays as the entire Island seems to show up to go to the beach and eat lunch.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank OnAir321239
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Had an amazing time, really good food, decent mojitos (Alvaro and Kesha prepared me the best ones), and decent customer service... until you check out. I remember checking out with my family and we felt we were rushed abruptly by the receptionist and we think they did that so we wouldn't have lunch even though we had to wait until 4:00 pm for our flight. Apart from that, everything was nice.

In conclusion: it is family friendly, nice environments (architecture of hotel reminds me of New Mexico), friendly staff, and I think is the nicest of the series of hotels in West End. Will go back but won't take their "economy offers".

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank AlbertBenz
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My scuba buddies and I had the pleasure of being at this beautiful, and comfortable resort in late May. The entire staff were friendly and always professional. I have to list the names of my favorite people there. Mark, Clyde, Barry, Luce and lil Luis at the dive shop. We had the smoothest dives throughout our week. Mark is an incredible DM. We were also treated like big shots by Andrea in the dining room, always gave us our large (21) table. Thanks.! Anahi, Geovanny, and Luis. What a fabulous dinner!. Ismael and Sindy, and Retzey Nelson. All wonderful hardworking young people. Big thanks to Samantha and Angel at the front desk. Thanks for all of your efforts. A big hug to Zamora for the too delicious pm snacks. The diving, the people make this resort fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Howie F
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Loved that the rooms were in little 4 plexes, all of ours had huge decks, a living area, kitchen and separate bedroom. Pool was clean and beautiful with plenty of places to sit in the water and find your own little corner. no swim up bar but good service. Food was abundant but seemed to cater to the American diet. Loved the homemade tortillas every day. Lobster in the ala cart restaurants at no extra charge if you were all-inclusive. Excellent service from all the staff. Security on the beach that you never really saw unless a vendor got to close. Security even stepped in when we were negotiating to have some braids done. He did not interfer in the haggling but made sure we agreed upon a price before hand and he made sure the vendor did not try to charge more after.

Stayed: May 2018