Made the trip here on my own after doing some investigation & was not disappointed.
Arrived late at the resort because of a change in departure from Sunwing.The resort was ready for us with all the rooms ready & from listening to folks around me did a good job of making room changes for particular needs. They extended the lunch for us ; which was great because the meal on the Sunwing flight amounted to nothing more than a wrapped sandwich & a piece of non-descript cake . On my last trip with Sunwing they had full meal service. The times they have changed .
The grounds of the property are wonderful , very lush and well kept!
The beach & beach bar are perfect ! It became our meeting place . Steps to the beach , always a chair & shade if you wanted it. Allan the bartender did a superior job remembering our libation of choice.
The hotel should add wine as part of the all-inclusive-something that is common of all- inclusives these days instead of 2 glasses per day!
The food was very good ; thanks to the leadership of their new French Chef. Not a huge selection but there's only forty plus rooms . Freshly made breads & desserts(pies ,cakes, creme caramel) salad dressing and a good variety of tasty meats & fish dishes both lunch and dinner . Breakfast had all that would ever need-made to order omlets and other choices . Keep up the great work!!
If I had any negative about the hotel is the lack of communication. For instance , the staff were not sure of what was and was not included in the all-inclusive package. I asked for more bottled water and was asked 'What did I do with my 2 bottles that were in the room?' I told the desk clerk that I left them at the beach bar .I was told that I was to refill those. It would have been nice to tell us . I congratulate their efforts at conservation but a little communication goes along way.
There's a new dive shop operator at the property . They were just getting organized when we arrived so all new equipment . Both the owner and dive master come with great experience . Service was superior and reasonably priced . I asked one day if we could do a shore dive -no problem ! Probably one of my best dives ever and so easy-gear waiting ; slip it on ; walk in ; swim 2 minutes ; enjoy the sites. Can't get much better.
The area around the hotel offers plenty to do so much so that I didn't leave . Plenty of other bars , restaurants and shops all within walking distance.
Do yourself a favour try it you'll love it as I did. Can't wait do it again !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tropical gardens, the newly renovated Paradise Beach Hotel with direct access to the renowned West Bay Beach and only steps away from turquoise waters and world famous coral reef is a great family destination. With four restaurants, two swimming pools, fully equipped dive center and Gym, Paradise Beach Hotel has something for everyone. Roatan as a destination is renowned for its Dolphin attractions, world Class Golf Course, numerous outdoor activities and its close proximity to the USA with direct flight from Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Miami and El Salvador. Come and join us for one of the most beautiful sunsets in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Paradise Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Club Hotel West Bay
- Paradise Beach Resort
- Paradise Beach Hotel Roatan, Honduras - West Bay