Paradise Beach Hotel
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$120
US$750
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$145
US$458
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$234
US$314
US$304
US$852
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsblue planet diverswest endfishsunwing rephotel groundsrooftop poolcruise ship dayshenry morganhotel guestslarge balconyall inclusive packagebottom floorgreat poolnice resortlocal beerlounge chairsdive shop
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Made the trip here on my own after doing some investigation & was not disappointed.
Arrived late at the resort because of a change in departure from Sunwing.The resort was ready for us with all the rooms ready & from listening to folks around me did a good job of making room changes for particular needs. They extended the lunch for us ; which was great because the meal on the Sunwing flight amounted to nothing more than a wrapped sandwich & a piece of non-descript cake . On my last trip with Sunwing they had full meal service. The times they have changed .
The grounds of the property are wonderful , very lush and well kept!
The beach & beach bar are perfect ! It became our meeting place . Steps to the beach , always a chair & shade if you wanted it. Allan the bartender did a superior job remembering our libation of choice.
The hotel should add wine as part of the all-inclusive-something that is common of all- inclusives these days instead of 2 glasses per day!
The food was very good ; thanks to the leadership of their new French Chef. Not a huge selection but there's only forty plus rooms . Freshly made breads & desserts(pies ,cakes, creme caramel) salad dressing and a good variety of tasty meats & fish dishes both lunch and dinner . Breakfast had all that would ever need-made to order omlets and other choices . Keep up the great work!!

If I had any negative about the hotel is the lack of communication. For instance , the staff were not sure of what was and was not included in the all-inclusive package. I asked for more bottled water and was asked 'What did I do with my 2 bottles that were in the room?' I told the desk clerk that I left them at the beach bar .I was told that I was to refill those. It would have been nice to tell us . I congratulate their efforts at conservation but a little communication goes along way.

There's a new dive shop operator at the property . They were just getting organized when we arrived so all new equipment . Both the owner and dive master come with great experience . Service was superior and reasonably priced . I asked one day if we could do a shore dive -no problem ! Probably one of my best dives ever and so easy-gear waiting ; slip it on ; walk in ; swim 2 minutes ; enjoy the sites. Can't get much better.

The area around the hotel offers plenty to do so much so that I didn't leave . Plenty of other bars , restaurants and shops all within walking distance.
Do yourself a favour try it you'll love it as I did. Can't wait do it again !

Room Tip: Any room in the Paradise Beach property are good. If your a group of 2 or 3 couples try for one of the large villas.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank rocke1
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just got back from a 7 day Sunwing all incl. to Paradise Beach with my wife. New French Chef is succeeding to upgrade the selection and quality of the cuisine, one very nice dinner setup on the beach, one set up "romantically" in the beach bar. Our 1 a la carte dinner in the beach bar was very good, conch cerviche was a pleasant surprise. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Daily snorkeling straight off the beach and over to Black Rock was outstanding. Our section of the beach was quiet and pristine with attentive security, cold beer, great frozen margaritas and pina coladas. Two Oceans red and white wine are acceptable but not memorable.
Only negatives were the loudness of the music at the beach bar and $50/week wi fi… an espresso machine would be a welcome addition…
Would choose Paradise Beach again over the other resorts I scouted while there..

Room Tip: Our suite 1204 was great, clean,quiet and spacious. Large front balcony overlooking the beach side pool and gardens. view to the hills from the bedroom. Cold fridge, hot water with good pressure, excellent AC with remote plus ceiling fans. Bring your own coffee for the drip machine if you want an early have before 7 am restaurant opening.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie A
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This place is amazing if you're looking for snorkeling ,sandy beach and hot temperature.
Went there twice for a 2 weeks trip...staff is very friendly ,food is Ok..not a lot of choices but acceptable.The coral reef is a 2 minutes walk from this hotel and it's ,for me the main attraction.
..but it won't last because Roatan is a cruise ship destination ,and it's crowded 5 days a week from 9am to 3 pm...poor reef ,some tourists don't care.. don't respect this eco-system,..that's so sad...Watch out for the sand flees...nothing is perfect. Rooms ,clean , some with a large balcony .good for relaxing.You can go to the west end , for good retaurants , do snorkeling
with Jose..take a trip to Cayo Cochino ...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank vaderActonVale
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I just got back from a one week trip to beautiful Roatan West Bay Island, we stayed at the Paradise Beach Resort which has a privileged position at the apex of the bay and has the most beautiful garden with many native plants, hammocks, an outside eating area with beach sand and modern furniture. We stayed in one of the suites of the resort. These are extraordinarily spacious with elegant yet cozy living room, a fully equipped kitchen with a stylish bedroom and bathrooms. Maid services was impeccable, always leaving towels in the shape of an animal with fresh flowers from their garden. The extremely friendly and competent service in the restaurant and bar made our stay a positive experience. All members of the staff always had an ear for individual wants and needs and they completely deserved our full recognition--I want to recognize Everett and Fanny, they were sweet, always smiling and friendly. We will definitely come back to stay here and we are already looking forward staying with their friendly staff. Roatan far exceeded my expectations with all it's glorious beauty, friendly people and water sports activities.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Emma Yolanda P
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I am a little late in writing my review. We were here for two weeks starting mid January. But it's late summer now and I am starting to think about our next vacation. So this got me thinking about our experience here. Since my mind is on this subject, I'll share my experience. My wife and I really liked it so much, that we are planning to come back again this next winter.

For us this is a perfect location. Wonderful beach. Pleasant resort. Great snorkling site. And outstanding scuba diving sites. I dove with West Bay Divers, which is right beside the resort. I can't say enough good things about them and especially Nick who led most of the dives I was on. The shop goes out of its way to take care of the divers. When returning from a dive, the shop took my equipment (I brought my own) and did all the rinsing, drying, and storing. As for snorkeling, there is a really nice site along the coral cliff at the left end of the beach. It was just loaded with all sorts of fish. I have included a picture of this site.

I have so many good things to say about the Paradise Beach resort. We had a third floor room with a patio. It took a little effort to go up the stairs, but the view makes up for it. Air conditioner was unusually quiet, plus there was a remote control for the air conditioner. That was an super convenience. Didn't have to get out of bed to make adjustments. We did have one complaint, but the resort promptly attended to it. The patio door was hard to slide and it did not lock. When we called the front desk, we didn't have to wait too long. The door was fixed. The grounds are well kept and a pleasure to just stroll around in. One of the pictures I have included with this review is of the grounds. We were there under the All-inclusive Plan. The buffet was good. Every day there were little variations that made it interesting. We did try the ala carte restaurant one evening for a pizza. We went for the specialty with a lobster tail on the pizza. That was the only food item I would not order again. The lobster tail was overcooked, I guess because it had been overheated on the pizza, and it was tough and rubbery. There is one other thing I would like to see. And that is more wine. I am not much for beer or mixed drinks, which flowed pretty freely. I prefer red wine, but it is scarce. The staff are pleasant and helpful. Our plans for this next winter include coming back to this same resort. We loved it.

We did get a little too much rain though. Out of the 14 days we were there, we had 5 gorgeous sunny days where there was hardly a ripple on the ocean. But we also had 5 days of heavy rainfall. During those days, our walkway from our room's location had several inches of water covering it. In a way, it was a nice break though from the hot sun.

Some of the reviews I read, mention getting a lot of insect bites. For some reason they were hardly noticeble during our stay. I never used any sprays and yet I only got a couple bites. Maybe the rain kept them away or maybe it was because our room was on the third level and the insects are less likely to fly that high or maybe it was just the time of year.

It was a good stay and we are going back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple