My Husband and I stayed here for our Honeymoon Jan, 13th-21st 2014
We loved our room, clean, simple, and a spacious balcony with a garden view. The Hotel is a perfect size so everything is really close by including the beach & buffet. The T.V. had great chanels which came in handy because it was still rainy season at this time. The bed was really comfortable but it did need a bit more drawer space & hangers for the closet.
Spectacular beach with beautiful white sand. I would still recomend water shoes for sharp shells or coral you may step on. Swimming was great fun on the more rough days with big waves and perfect for snorkeling at the far West end of West Bay for calm days. The water was a brillant color of turquise!
I was pleasently surprised with the food quality. Me and my husband ate most meals at the Hotel & the French Chef Mattice was very talented. Breakfest was often the same types of things but there was more than enough variety to have something different each day. I really liked the omlete's and the yogurts. For lunch we were often out on excursions & only ate at the hotel about 3 afternoons, each time was good but we'd like to see hamburgers or fried chicken that we may have missed. Dinner was always different and had a variety of meat dishes as well as vegtables, pasta, ect, we really enjoyed the Asian night but not so much the romantic night meal.
The alchoholic drinks were not to our liking. Only a few things are actually included in the all inclusive but we really didn't mind. We really only drank gingerale & water. You get two water bottles at the start of your stay that you are asked to refill I recommend bringing your own bottle or an extra cup for drinks + it reduces waste!
Tiny, cold. Not really something you would swim in. It could be nice on extremely hot, dry days for sun bathers or if it was turned in to a large hot tub it would be nice. It did serve a purpose though it was quite helpful in the free scuba trial they offer to test the equiptment before commiting to classes.
This is a small hotel but they really do their best. Karaoke night and the night they had the native people do their dancing were the best two nights. This place has no real night life after 11pm though so check Bananarama beside Paradise on the Beach or head into West Ends BOOTY BAR for a wild time Friday or Saturday!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had an issue with our safe and maitnence was there within an hour. You always felt very safe as well as welcomed in and around all of West Bay. They also do personal wake up calls in the mornings in which they send some one to knock on your door & the maids were so lovely putting new towel designs on our bed with flowers everday.
Bar service was sometimes slow though.
OVERVIEW & TIPS:
Overall we had a very enjoyable honeymoon. Next time I am coming back scuba certified so I can take advantage of the world class diving in Roatan. * The guys at Paradise Beaches dive shop were very nice & helpful.
This is not a 5 star Hotel so don't expect luxury at every turn but it is a very comfortable, affordable, and enjoyable place. We came with an open mind and our expectations were exceeded. We would stay again or at the sister Hotel Paradise Oceanic because they are right beside each other & The Oceanic has a lovely pool top bar to watch the sunsets from. We were originally going to stay there but it was over booked for our stay time period.
Our Sunwing Rep Catherine was a friendly and very informative lady. I loved her personal touch, if you get her book a few excursions with her. We enjoyed The city tour + shopping, & Gumbalimba Park Roatan.
** Travel to the mainland La Ceiba if you want adventure & go white water rafting!!
Finally, go to West Bay mall & eat a pizza from JAVA VINE... YUM YUM THE BEST PIZZA EVER!!
MUST BRINGS: Bug Spray, Water Shoes, Snorkle gear, Big drink cup!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tropical gardens, the newly renovated Paradise Beach Hotel with direct access to the renowned West Bay Beach and only steps away from turquoise waters and world famous coral reef is a great family destination. With four restaurants, two swimming pools, fully equipped dive center and Gym, Paradise Beach Hotel has something for everyone. Roatan as a destination is renowned for its Dolphin attractions, world Class Golf Course, numerous outdoor activities and its close proximity to the USA with direct flight from Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Miami and El Salvador. Come and join us for one of the most beautiful sunsets in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Paradise Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Club Hotel West Bay
- Paradise Beach Resort
- Paradise Beach Hotel Roatan, Honduras - West Bay