Our recent stay at the Paradise Beach resort was without doubt one of the finest beach vacations we've ever had. We were greeted, upon our arrival, by the very efficient Cleo. The location for right off the beach snorkeling cannot be beat and there were always plenty of beach chairs available.
The food was adequate, if somewhat repetitive and usually overcooked but the accompanying service by staff (Raoul, Joshua, Cristian to name but a few) was fantastic. Raoul oversaw the restaurant and made sure everything ran smoothly.
Other dining choices are readily accessible and varied as we found out one evening when we took the short boat taxi ride into West End for dinner.
Ziggy, the barman, made every effort to create whatever drink we requested. Although the brands available in the "all inclusive" rate were somewhat limited, the drinks Ziggy and Angel produced were absolutely delicious.
This is a small resort with a very intimate feel to it. If you're looking for an active nightlife or lots of beach entertainment during the day, this may not be for you. However, if you're looking for a charming, quiet accommodation with excellent snorkeling right off the beach, this is definitely the place to go.
Only two negatives - which would apply to any resort on this beach -The 1st is the no-seeums (sand fleas) which are vicious. Some people are not affected by them, but the majority are and most of those are females. Using some kind of repellant is absolutely necessary and must be re-applied after swimming. A product called Cactus Juice, readily available everywhere, is a natural product which also has an SPF 20 and doesn't harm the reef.
It certainly worked for me and I'm an insect magnet.
The 2nd negative is the influx of cruise ship people who descend on the beach Tuesdays through Fridays, although they only arrive around 9:30 am and are usually gone by 3:30. When the ships are in, the beach is unrecognizable for the mass of humanity. Still, we found that our location at Paradise Beach was less affected by the crowds than say further up the beach at Henry Morgan's.
There is a pool but it is small, more like a plunge pool than a swimming pool. We still found it a lovely place to while away the hottest part of the day.
Anna, who manages the resort, was always around and available to sort out whatever required attention. Her calm demeanor and pleasant personality is probably the reason her team works so well together.
Given the opportunity, we will certainly be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tropical gardens, the newly renovated Paradise Beach Hotel with direct access to the renowned West Bay Beach and only steps away from turquoise waters and world famous coral reef is a great family destination. With four restaurants, two swimming pools, fully equipped dive center and Gym, Paradise Beach Hotel has something for everyone. Roatan as a destination is renowned for its Dolphin attractions, world Class Golf Course, numerous outdoor activities and its close proximity to the USA with direct flight from Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Miami and El Salvador. Come and join us for one of the most beautiful sunsets in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Club Hotel West Bay
- Paradise Beach Resort
- Paradise Beach Hotel Roatan, Honduras - West Bay