Henry Morgan Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Island Pearl(West Bay)
1,591 results
All reviewsentertainment stafflobby bartgi divingfishair transat repsand fleaswest endmedia lunanightly showsdance lessonsdive shopstar resorttowel arteach meala la carte restaurantdeep woodsfire show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel is small ,warm,the staff is great,Georges at the restaurant is always smiling. The buffet is small but good food, you won t see junk food there !!! Room are nice but ask for second floor since the walls are thin....Don,t be afraid to go at other restaurants on the beach, it s good and you can bargain. Fish are so great to see at the end of the beach on your left,best place to see a lot of various fish. The diving office there is great ,they can settle any diving expedition for you or just a trip on a sail boat ...it was amazing. It s not one of those big resort ...think small and warm!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Selena V
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have stayed at the Henry Morgan 4 times in the last 5 years, most recently in February 2013. The location is perfect, the new deck added more seating for enjoying the ocean view, and the rooms are clean. We generally walk down the beach to various restaurants for dinner but fond the dioning room perfectly fine for breakfast and lunch. The dive shop on site is terrific; the same guys are there year after year. I recommend this place to family and friends all the time.

Room Tip: Villas are a little rough in terms of the construction quality and a long walk from the lobby.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PineApplePlum
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The real problem of HENRY MORGAN is BAD FOOD, you will not get sick but you will fight with your pork, beef, and you need to take the chicken bones out of your mouth at all times. To serve this kind of low quality meats is not to give a damn about his clientele. If you are a vegetarian you are in luck, the fish is fine. No variety at all, go nout to diner is 40/50.00$ so pay more and go somewhere else!.
Some of the staff are more interested in texting than helping you. That staff has no motivation and it shows.
The hotel has poor lighting, and they do not replace the bulbs! the fans in the lobby are off, it's always 100f so you are never comfortable in the lobby, except in the cafeteria that few people call restaurant?.
Truly the topic of discussion for all is BAD FOOD.
Security is excellent, very safe at all times.
So go next door to the Mayan Princess.
This owner is cruising along until he crashes.
OK now it is one of the best beach I have ever seen you will love it, the barrier is extraordinary, but the locals poach at night so hurry, there will be no more fish soon!.
GO TO ROATAN YOU WILL LOVE IT BUT STAY AWAY FROM HENRY MORGAN HE WAS A PIRATE AFTER ALL...
I would go back to Roatan on that beach, but never at Henry Morgan!

Room Tip: If you go you MUST be on the second floor away from the far left side, it smells ( you know what I mean )
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank louise P
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is probably the most honest review you'll read. My boyfriend and I are both 23, and we travelled to Roatan in April, 2013, and stayed at the Henry Morgan.

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail, but I will say that I couldn't have asked for a better vacation. Rooms were beautiful and clean, food was incredible (lots of variety), the grounds and resort were beautiful and always well groomed, beach was gorgeous and the service was amazing.

The two of us are by no means picky people, but we definitely were incredible satisfied with our experience and would absolutely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing vacation.

We also completed our Open Water Scuba diver course and it was a wonderful experience. TGI Dive shop was amazing, and Luca is an awesome instructor !!

Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Closer to lobby (some rooms are a little far away)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Nicole F
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I travelled with 4 friends to HM in March 2013. I was a little nervous due to mixed reviews. After spending a week there I think the people who are complaining are nuts. All 5 of us had an amazing time. Our rooms were spotless. The food was great and plentiful (too tasty to be good for a bikini body). I did often find myself wishing they had ice cream. Drinks were wonderful. Would have been nice if the bars stayed open later. 11 is simply too early. The beach was perfection. We never had trouble getting beach loungers (all 5 together) which was impressive.
There were blackouts and a couple of days when the rooms on the top floor had no water pressure for an hour or so. Bring a flashlight and just wait out the water. Relax, you're on vacation! We expected this kind of thing in Honduras so we didn't let it ruin our vacation.

I highly recommend this resort. The dive centre there is awesome too.

Room Tip: Floor is quieter but you are more likely to experience water pressure issues there.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends