We did the Roatan Roulette, and we won with the Henry Morgan Resort. It is a great Resort .
It was apparently the busiest week of the year, on Roatan. The Santa Semena holiday down there, and we were in the perfect place, as most the crowds gathered at each end of the beach, where as our beach was just a walk way to each end. They told us it would be busy and it sure was…. So many people on the beach!! There were security guys making sure that no one would sit at our beach, but that was about all they were useful for. When we told them about a group of boys, picking up things of the chairs, they just shrugged if off. It was my husband that had to go tell them to put the stuff back.
The hotel itself was great. The rooms were Rustic as everyone has commented about , but Rustic for me was just great!! We loved the room. Any problems were fixed right away.
Most people have commented on the food. We were told that the Mayan had much better food, but we found that our resort was far better. The service at the other hotel was very poor. There is enough there that even the fussiest person can get by. The lunch time meals at the beach were a bit frustrating, as there were never more then 2 hamburgers out at the same t time, so there was always a wait for that. We did try the buffet a couple of times and it wasn’t too bad for lunch.
Most people speak English, except for a few of the entertainment team, and a lot of the shops not far from the hotel, are owned by Americans.
The only draw back to this hotel was that it was so far to get to the beach from the room. It was a good 5 minute walk, where you had to walk to the lobby and walk through to the other side, where the pool was and then past the pool to get to the beach. Made you hope you didn’t forget anything you were taking to the beach. Other then, that I have no complaints. It was a great holiday!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Henry Morgan is an All Inclusive Resort located in the best beach of Roatan, West Bay. Our mission is to anticipate and deliver on the dreams and expectations of every guest's perfect holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Henry Morgan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henry Morgan Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Henry Morgan
- Henry Morgan Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay