“To be fair & honest”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Carrollton, Texas
“To be fair & honest”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We did not actually stay @ the WBL. Milos & Celeste provide management services for the condo we stayed in which was actually across the street & upstairs in the West Bay Mall. I do not know what the room accommodations are like @ the WBL but I can attest to how friendly and warm the service staff made us feel while eating breakfast there daily. The "Birds" in the restaurant are a real hoot (literally) and they seemed to take to us Texans like we were part of the original Hitchcock thriller cast. Malibu would sit on your shoulder and if she felt like it take a small snack off your plate of pancakes. The others would yell out "Ola" repeatedly which again made us feel right at home. Hats off to our condo owner for allowing us to stay at his place and utilize the WBL amenities. Didn't do dinner as planned but I can't imagine the fantastic level of service from the mornings wouldn't remain the same for dinner service. Again, thanks to everyone (including our feathered friends) for making this trip to Roatan very special!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank atilla2414

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Slovak first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My wife and I have traveled many times to the Caribbean Islands, especially for moderate income people. The Roatan experience at WBL was unreal in every way. The staff was off the charts, caring, helping, they just do not know the word "no". We stayed during mothers day as well as my wife's birthday, we were surprised with a few extras for mothers day, a cake for her birthday and one day, one of the staff CLIMBED A TREE to give us coconuts to drink ! The room we stayed in was the Royal, it was quiet, remote and a short walk to the beach. It could have worked for 2 couples that are comfortable with each other as well. We slept in both rooms throughout the week, both very comfy. Fully stocked and offers for anything else we needed were given. We will be coming here always now ! Diving just a couple blocks walk and the most wonderful reef on the island for snorkeling walking distance. We used the spa, had massages, facials etc. don't miss this. The most affordable and knowledgeable dive shop I have used as well ! Also the restaurant on premises....most delicious and healthy plates we've eaten on the isle. Extremely affordable and a small bar for your libation temptations ! The truly friendly and small intimacy of this lodge was great. Like Family ! There are many large noisy and expensive places to stay in the Carib. This place is easily my favorite !

3 Thank ScubaBillyNuckles
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We have been to Roatan numerous times and always stay at West Bay Lodge, because it is like being home with our family! The staff is to be commended as they go out of their way to help you. The rooms are always clean and tidy, the food is awesome and the bartender knows your name. My husband celebrated his "big" birthday when we were there and Celeste had a wonderful upside down pineapple cake made for his birthday, which made it all the more special.
I would like to keep this gem our "little secret" but Milos and Celeste have so much to give, that it's only right that it's shared with everyone. Love you guys! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cori J
California
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I am a 'regular' to WBL. This spring was our 7th trip to the lodge and we keep returning because it is that good. WBL is very comfortable, it is not a 4 star hotel, it is a homey, well kept, clean, pretty and welcoming B&B/Lodge in the caribbean. The owners Milos and Celeste, as well as all of their staff, are genuinely nice people who go the extra mile consistently to make everyones stay enjoyable. The grounds are lovely and quiet at night and the hotel is very close to the beach, restaurants, stores, coffee/wine bar. The Lodge is perfectly situated and accommodated for a vacation focused on relaxation and enjoying nature.

1 Thank maureenCalifornia
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed at the West Bay Lodge for 3 nights and loved it. The folks who own and run it and their staff are very friendly, and the cabins are cosy - each one has a porch and a hammock outside it. The property is a block from the beach and you can rent snorkeling gear from them for $5 a day. We had a great time staying there. Some tips - for snorkeling, walk to the beach and turn left towards the rocks. Also worth it to hire a cab for a few hours to do a mini 'tour' of Roatan. And definitely go ziplining - Jungle Top was fantastic.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mjmf
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We just made our 6th visit to West Bay Lodge and continue to be impressed. Celeste and Milos are like visiting family. They are so inviting and welcome you right into their lives. The entire staff is very attentive and friendly. They go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. We will be back!

3 Thank NDenyer
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was the best vacation we have ever experienced and although I am a little conflicted about writing this because I want to keep it all to my self... My compass tells me I must. Our new adopted family members at West Bay Lodge are the reason that the paradise we experienced was on STEROIDS!!!
Celeste and Milos, the owners, are absolutely wonderful souls that strive to make a difference in this world. They made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we arrived. I loved listening to Milo's stories... He is truly hilarious and the way he and Celeste look at the world is fun, kind and refreshing!

Talk about service, they personally drove us to the airport on our departure and made sure we were ok. Celeste drove into town herself the night before we left.. Just because she overheard me say I was interested in finding the best coffee to bring back. I did not ask her she just wanted me to be happy! Unbelievable!

The staff at the lodge... Well, they are not staff they are our new family members and they take care of you and go out of their way for you like you are their family. Melony, Nicky, Danny, Juan Carlos, Big Daddy, Monica, Angel , Oyuki, the kitchen crew and beautiful spa ladies I truly an't wait to see you again. You made our vacation a dream. Thank you!! The insight, direction and advice you gave us for free.. People pay big bucks for this everywhere else.

We own a highly rated cafe and are big time foodies... Celeste's place that utilizes custom recipes from Milos was the best place to eat at on he island ... Period! There are a ton of great choices on the island but Celeste's is the best! Grouper Baleadas... Heaven. Lobster and steak fajitas.... I could live on for the rest of my life and the Rum Bunch.... There is no reason to have it anywhere else. No lie!

Also the breakfasts are killer. Everything there is fresh and a perfect combination of favors.

Our room was wonderful! We had our own porch and hammock and beds were very comfortable... We even had our own pets that greeted us every night so we immediately felt at home. I usually am not a big cat person but I LOVED these cats!!! No allergic reaction either and I was glad they were there... I miss them already.

The parrots in the cafe were charming, as was the turtle and the three Watusi. What an amazing array of sounds and entertainment.

The pool was refreshing and I loved hanging out at night in this beautiful oasis surrounded by beautiful mango and banana trees. We sang songs, drank wine and told stories with all of our new friends. All the guests we met while we stayed there were return guests... 3, 4, 7, 11 times in a row. If this does not speak loudly about how wonderful this place is... Well then nothing will.

We are currently planning our return with friends we made there. Very cool people! Quality!

The spa is breathtaking and the best massages, pedicure and treatments I have ever had in my life. All I have to say is if anyone can kick your stress's butt,this spa crew can. So accommodating as well and reasonable!

As for not being right on the beach...you will be thankful you are not. First of all it is only a stones throw away. I loved the walk. Very quaint and very safe. Security is right there but you won't need it. Really!

I liked getting away from the beach and retreating with my new family. They always made you feel welcomed and missed every time I stepped back On the property. They also will arrange anything for you! The best source for tour guides and adventures.

You could never regret your choice with West Bay Lodge. If you do ... Well you may want to see your doctor;)

They are the best... At everything!
Tanya

Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#5 of 14 in West Bay

Been to West Bay Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!