“Dont look for other options, west bay lodge has it all...”

West Bay Lodge and Spa
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I want to tell my experience with this hotel, my friends and I were looking for a nice hotel in Roatan to spend our Easter vacations, we seek and found many options with various advantages and disadvantages, when we were about to decide for another place, a friend found West Bay Lodge Hotel.

We talked to its owner and He gave us a price, we found it very good and decided to book at it, but then, there was a confusion with the price and we ended paying more than what was agreed, I will say that I was skeptical about this, but the owner told us literally "you will not regret it" and it was exactly like that...

Every penny I paid was worth it, I could not have asked for more! The staff is friendly, especially Dany, He is a very cheerful and friendly guy, the cabins are neat and tidy and include several bonus as purified water, pans, oils, spices etc..
The hotel is strategically located (one block away from the beach). The breakfasts are delicious. I have read reviews of people complaining about the parrots and cats, the parrots are very friendly and I did not saw a single cat in the hotel...

I will not seek another hotel anymore in Roatan, West Bay lodge ALWAYS be my first choice.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The staff at West Bay Lodge is so friendly! Our visit was great ..... Very relaxing. Great atmosphere, great drinks and a really great snorkeling trip with Milos, Celeste and some other guests (a must do while you're there!).

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a wonderful time staying at West Bay Lodge. I prefer to stay far, far away from cruise ship and all-inclusive crowds and this place is in the perfect location to be close enough to the beach, diving centers and activities without being on the beach. It has a nice little pool and lounge area for the days that ships are calling. There are only 8 bungalows which provides a small and intimate resort setting. The supreme bungalow I stayed in was large enough for four people comfortably and was well equipped to handle self-catering. Plenty of thoughtful touches around the rooms and bathrooms! Freezing cold A/C was awesome and the flat screen TV and DVD player were good too. The porches are large with hammocks and tables. Also free wifi! It was nice to see the Roatan Marine Park posters on the wall in the room as well as a sign noting that $1/night would be added on to all final bills that will go to the marine park. There is an on-site restaurant and spa which is convenient especially if some people in your group are diving all day and some aren't. The resort is also right across the street from West Bay Mall where there are a couple shops and deli-style restaurants. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance at the other resorts and the on-site restaurant is quite good as well. Breakfast is included in the room rate and there is a small buffet of yogurt, fruit and coffee/juice along with two daily hot plate items that rotate and are made to order. Staff is friendly and I had no trouble with the parrots in the restaurant. Maybe not great for severe cat allergies as kitties are around and some sleep on the porches. All in all, great value and I'd recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed at West Bay lodge for 3 nights a few weeks ago. The staff are great and make you feel right at home. The cabanas are very nice and comfortable. We found it very relaxing and inviting despite it being in the busier West Bay area. Its only a few minutes walk from the beach and lots of other restaurants. Milos and Celeste are great hosts and offer probably the best snorkel trip on the island. Don't miss out on the Rum Punch!

Room Tip: Go on the snorkel trip with Milos and Celeste
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Second visit to West Bay Lodge but not our last. From the time owners Milos and Celeste met us at the airport until the time we had to leave everything was perfect. All The staff at West Bay Lodge are top notch and are willing to help in any way they can. The food is great and the rum punch even better. We had a great day of snorkling on Celeste and Milo's boat a long with other West Bay Lodge guests. West Bay beach is one of nicest beaches we have visited and has great snorkling right off shore. Many great places to eat on the beach all within walking distance. Hats off to Milos and Celeste and all the West Bay Lodge staff for another great visit to Roatan. Hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dana G
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My boyfriend and I traveled to Roatan for a week in late March'14. Our experience with West Bay Lodge started off better than expected. Milos and Celeste (owners) picked us up personally and proceeded to take us on a short tour as well as a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up any items we wanted. On the drive to West Bay Lodge from the airport, Milos and Celeste explained all the sights and gave great tips on different things we could visit during our stay.

Upon arrival, we were promptly checked in and shown to our room. No waiting in a long line that would normally be experienced at any other hotel. We stayed in Bungalow #2, which was the perfect size for the two of us. Everything was clean and the air conditioning worked great on those warm nights. I loved the cute balcony; laying in the hammock each morning with coffee was just heavenly.

We had the Ultimate Spa Package, so we started off each morning with an hour of pampering at the Serenity Day Spa. I cannot say enough good things about the ladies working there. I have never experienced such professionalism and skill, even from therapists here in the states. Following our spa time, we would eat breakfast at Celeste's Island Cuisine. The food was delicious each day, and we LOVED the parrots that dined with us! Would literally sit on the back of your chair and wait to be offered up a piece of toast or fruit.

Majority of our afternoons were spent at the beach, which was a short 2 minute walk. I would suggest purchasing the wristbands at the Bananarama Resort office so you can use the chairs. It was only $23 total for the week and well worth it.

There is a small strip mall located across the street from West Bay Lodge, which has a coffee/smoothie place, small convenience/grocery store, and Captain's Van Rentals. We rented scooters from there one day so we could travel around the island a bit.

On one of our days, we joined Celeste and Milos on their snorkel trip. They took a small group of us from the hotel around the island to three different snorkel spots as well as to the dolphin area at Anthony's Key. Lunch and drinks were generously provided and it was an awesome experience.

All around, our trip was fabulous and I highly recommend staying at West Bay Lodge. Not only do you have privacy, relaxation, tranquility, and personal attention while staying there, but you also get to enjoy all of that without the frenzy and bustle found at large resorts.

Thank you Milos and Celeste, we will be back soon! :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alyssa R
Reviewed 1 April 2014

4 Adults traveling and we had the best time of our life.The staff at WBL made sure we were taken care of on every front, transportation, activities the works.I am already planning the next one! Breakfast was fantastic every morning! Snorkeling first day, Zipline the next, Snorkeling again, Diving the next...Thanks to the staff for arranging everything! Melony, Danny, and Celeste are really great. Cant wait to see them next month!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to West Bay Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!