“GREAT CHOICE!!!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Concord, California
“GREAT CHOICE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

We had a great time! This was a graduation present for my 23 year old daughter who thought this was a truly wonderful choice ("the best"). Celeste, Milos, & Jacob (family owed and lived on site) made us feel like part of their family. They and their staff were all very sweet and helpful. It was only 3 minutes from beach at a reasonable price. We enjoyed others who stayed there (down to earth). You can stay to youself or connect up with others. This is not an upscale place but, oh so,comfortable, relaxing, and attractive to stay (cute bungalows & lovely tropical landscaping). Breakfast was delicious and was included in the price...fresh fruit gown on the property with several parrots and a tucan (all characters!) to entertain you! Celeste's rum punches were the best at a reasonable price. They also covered transportation to and from the airport. We miss them and being there. It was so sad to leave.

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank twiight2020

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Slovak first
Davis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

My wife and I visited West Bay Lodge during Spring Break. We were very pleased with our stay and loved the homey feel of the place. Very comfortable, great location, good breakfast and great service. Loved the bungalow, with hammack and pirvacy. We would highly recommend this B&B for a stay on Roatan.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GB&BB
So. Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2009

I booked this place because of the Trip Advisor reviews. My wife and I were not dissapointed. If you are the 'Sandals' type than this lodge is not for you. If you want peace, relaxation, a friendly family atmosphere and perfect service I highly recommend West Bay Lodge to you. Milos and Celeste are a class act; offering all possible to make your vacation everything you want it to be. Yes, the queen rooms are a bit small, but we only showered and slept in them. Yes, this lodge is not fancy and a bit primitive, but is exceptionally clean, peaceful and has the best food on the island. Being just off the beach is a good thing even though West Bay beach is the nicest on the island. We would absolutely return to Roatan and would not consider staying elsewhere when we do.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BroCajun
velo27
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

We chose West Bay Lodge based on all the fantastic reviews and were a little disappointed with our stay. On the plus side, it's not right on the beach and there's a pool, which is great on the days that the cruise ships visit the island. The owners are also nice and very helpful. On the other hand, the rooms were so small that it was hard to get into our suitcases, and the bedding was old and stained. The owners have a number of pet parrots that they keep in the restaurant area. The combination of the parrots squawking and noise from the construction of a new unit made for a less relaxing vacation than we had hoped.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank velo27
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

This was our second stay at West Bay Lodge and again it was perfect. Celeste and Milo are great at what they do and they go above and beyond. They have cell phones in the rooms to call home which is so convenient and very reasonable, have a little store stocked with almost everything you might need, and can arrange anything.
This time around we booked three rooms and they were all very nice. My niece was also very ill when we were there and although I didn't take her up on it Celeste offered to sit with her while I went to dinner.. Who does that type of thing?? Not many people. Celeste also let her little kitty stay with my niece which was a big comfort. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while visiting Roatan.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank ttravelerbug
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

It’s been a little over a month since our stay in Roatan and we still talk about it regularly. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the island and especially our stay at West Bay Lodge – so much so, that we booked a return trip for this August!

Arrival/Check-In
Prior to leaving for Roatan, Celeste at West Bay Lodge collected our flight information and had a friendly driver waiting for us at the airport’s baggage claim when we landed. Upon arrival to West Bay Lodge we were taken right to our room. Check-in was non-existent (what could be smoother than that?) and as such, we were on the beach within about 20 minutes of arriving!

Accommodations and Amenities
Our bungalow was excellent! A little smaller than we are used to when traveling but definitely comfortable. All units have AC, mini-fridge stuffed with everything you could need, TV with DVD player, a FREE safe for your valuables and purified water dispenser. The biggest plus was that we got our own cell phone to use for the duration of our stay.

A nice amenity included their daily breakfast. What a great way to start the day by enjoying breakfast with fellow guests including WBL residents Cleo, Pancho, Mariah and others (their exotic birds). West Bay Lodge is located about a 3 minute walk from West Bay Beach – the best beach on the island and right across the street from Vans Scooter Rentals so it’s in a very good spot.

Staff Service
You’ve probably read other reviews about the great service provided at West Bay Lodge. Well, it’s all true. In my opinion, this is what really sets it above all the rest. Milos, Celeste and Jacob really seem to enjoy making each and every visitor’s stay as pleasant and stress-free as possible. This became apparent beginning with pre-visit emails from Celeste. She setup some fun and memorable excursions for our visit including a special candlelight dinner on the beach to help celebrate my wife’s birthday. The thing I noticed most is that when they are helping you they give you their 100% attention, staff included.

Final Thoughts
I can’t imagine a better way for us to have spent our first visit to Roatan. We are excited for our return in August and looking forward to once again staying at West Bay Lodge with Milos, Celeste, Jacob and the rest of the WBL crew!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PolynesianPop
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

By the time I booked my flight West Bay Lodge (WBL) only had availability for my last three nights. Alas, I'm glad I stayed those 3 nights. It's not on the beach, but a straight 3-400 meters walk to the beach and you conveniently hit the beach right at the Thirsty Turtle, the best beach bar on West Bay beach.
The owners, Celeste and Milos are super. They really are just plain charming and sincere and want to make sure everything is hunky dory during your stay.
I liked my (queen) cabin #2 overlooking the small but very nice pool. It was just right.
There aren't very many unit (more currently being built with no construction noise), so there aren't many people hanging around as everyone is out doing there own thing.
I liked the "Included" breakfasts. They're good and varied and served high up on the property with a view.
I liked the lunch they served, open to the public. The baleadas are excellent. They can be served for breakfast or lunch. Sort of a openface, folded, handmade tortilla smothered in refried beans, meat of your choice, salsa, cabage and the like put all together to make a fine semi-light meal.
I liked that WBL was kittykorner from the West Bay Mall which has Mangiamo's Deli and the Cool Bean coffee shop.
One warning: If you stay in Cabin #2 like me be careful with that hammock.... it's really difficult to get out of all by yourself!
I just wish I could have stayed longer at WBL.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
Cocolobo
#3 of 7 in West End
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to West Bay Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!