“Terrific Beachfront Resort!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Miami
“Terrific Beachfront Resort!”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Infinity Bay was terrific place to stay. The resort was beautiful and the beach was incredible. The service my family received was excellent and the staff was both friendly and professional. I have vacationed in many places throughout the Caribbean and this place has to be my favorite.

The accommodations were great. We stayed in a two bedroom / two bath unit near the pool that had a full kitchen and living area... not to mention terrific views. The pool at Infinity Bay is gorgeous with plenty of room to spend leisure time amongst other guests without feeling too crowded. The beach has to be one of the most picturesque I have ever seen. The water is crystal clear and the reef just offshore was a great area to snorkel. I will definitely be back and would recommend Infinity Bay to anyone looking to stay at a high quality Caribbean island style beachfront resort.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Jim S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
guatemala city
Reviewed 7 March 2013

we reserved a room at infinity bay. we got what i would classify as the worst room there. granted we did not pay premium price, so you get what you pay for. we were met with bad weather, so could not consider staying there the 5 days in such a dismal room. the view was to the lobby, and their electrical plant. the bedroom had a view to an empty lot. the living room area is very dark. the kitchen is nice. i felt the whole place looks very run down, unkept. would not recommend. after the first night we moved to the mayan princess. what a difference!!! we were lucky enough to get a room beach front.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chinche
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on Infinity Bay. Apparently you stayed in building 9 on a special promo rate. We are sorry you did not like the location but you could have been upgraded all the way to one of our beachfront units. Your room was very well appointed with all the interior finishings that all our villas have. We are certainly not run down in any fashion as we have a team of landscapers and groundsman working 7 days a week but we are very sorry you got that impression. We have sent several emails to you in effort to discuss this further. Please respond so we discuss this more in depth. Our guests experience is our upmost concern.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here due to the good reviews. Overall it's a nice place but you aren't going to be blown away by service. Enough small talk let's get to the review.
The check-in process was not that smooth and there was no one else waiting to be checked in. It was just us and the woman checking us in either wasn't familiar with the process or that's just the way it is. When we walked up we didn't get the 'welcome, checking in.... (not even in espanol!)'. Finally, we were checked in. There was an attendant that helped us with our bags, made no small talk, not much of a smile and walked about 20 yards ahead of us.
We finally make it to the room. It's a nice room and is just like the pictures on the website. However, ours had a slight musty funk smell and felt kinda damp in the living room and couches. The bed was awesome, very comfortable and the sheets were great. The pillows weren't great they weren't soft but we were still able to sleep. In the bathroom there were plenty of towels and decent shampoo and soaps. There was plenty of hot water which was fantastic.
We didn't opt for the all inclusive since we don't drink much. We ate at the restaurant a few times and the service there was hit and miss. Well, that's not accurate. The service was always prompt but there wasn't always the personal touch to make you feel like you are more than just another table or visitor. The service, at times, is what sets hotels and restaurants apart. The food was always fresh and tasty.
The pool area was very nice, huge pool, lots of chairs and you could check out one towel per person if needed. The pool area was always neat and clean and actually the whole property was neat and clean.
The beach area was great, the turquoise waters, soft sand. It was totally awesome.

Location wise it's pretty good as you can walk to some other restaurants and stores to pick up items should you want to venture off the property. You can catch a cab from the property or just outside to the various tourist locations without any problems.

Overall I thought the property was average in that we weren't blown away by the service. For the most part it felt like it was people doing their jobs but there were a few that stood out and gave that extra that made you feel like a truly appreciated guest.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KingHuskey
Red Bank, NJ
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We only had from Tuesday morning till Saturday morning to enjoy this beautiful resort. I will definitely be back and hopefully, for a two week stay!
We arrived on the 10:25 AM flight. There was a driver there to greet us and transport us to Infinity Bay.The property is located about 20 minutes from the airport at the West end of the island. The lobby is large and welcoming. The staff was warm and helpful and check in took only a minute or so. We quickly unpacked and changed and were swimming out to the reef before Noon. I can't say enough about this gorgeous reef which is located about 50 yards from the shoreline. It is so nice to be able to put the snorkeling gear on and just head on out to the reef. No lines or waiting for anything. You just go at your own speed. Our first visit to the reef lasted 2 1/2 hours. It was fascinating. We saw two barracuda, squid, all kinds of other fish. The video I took looks like I was swimming in someone's aquarium!
We worked up a good appetite so, we decided to walk the ten yards from the beach to the Palapa Bar and get some lunch & a drink. The food here was excellent. This is a great place to start your day with breakfast too. We paid in the $25 - $30 range for breakfast and lunch. There is an "All Inclusive" deal available but we opted for paying for our meals so we could explore other places. There is a little restaurant named Celeste about 100 yards down the road from the hotel on the opposite side. Excellent food and very nice owners. We also ate at the Thirsty Turtle one night. I had a Pepperoni Pizza and my wife had lobster. Both were very good. Wednesday night we went to West End and ate at The Lighthouse. We both had a lobster Dinner and a special Margarita. I made the mistake of adding a 20% tip to the bill without reviewing it. The owner came over to me to give me my change back but I told him that the service and food was excellent and the change was his. It wasn't till later on that evening that I realized that the tip had already been included in the bill. These guys thought I was real generous. I found this to be the practice in all the restaurants so, review your check carefully.During our stay we went on the Dolphin excursion and loved it. We also rented a car and driver and explored the whole island. We went to the East end and checked out several of the other resorts and confirmed that we had made the right choice with Infinity Bay.

When you get a cab, haggle about the rate. They will immediately come down to reality. I inquired about the rate to West End out in front of Infinity Bay and the driver told me $15. I told him nevermind and walked away. He immediately called out that he would take us for $10.
Our one bedroom condo was fine for two people. There was a little wear & tear showing but, I guess that can be attributed to the condo owners willingness to maintain the unit. The shower did not drain properly and filled up to almost overflow. This gave us an incentive to take quick showers. The sliding door to the front terrace was cracked when we arrived. We reported it to the front desk and they said someone would take are of it right away. It was still cracked when we left. When we arrived we were told that the microwave did not work and a replacement was due any minute. That was never replaced either. We had a TV in the bedroom and were very comfortable but, I would have liked a TV in the living room as well.

Overall, we loved our stay at Infinity Bay and are already planning a return trip. I highly recommend it.
Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SteveMcBride_NJ
Northern Ontario
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Just returned last night, had a great time with great friends,the resort is beautiful, rooms are amazing, staff are terrific. We were with Sunwing, and their "all inclusive", plan,,, this was an eye opener. The food was fabulous, you were always guaranteed chicken, fish, pork,,,and very very tasty, no complaints there, but and this is a Sunwing issue I think, the snacks that were supplied to the Sunwing guests were very very sparse, left out in the hot sun, and always running out. Anyone with a red arm band (indicationg AI) were given service last, no matter hw much we tipped, and this seemed to be under the direction of some very loud mouthed cigar smoking man that doted on the more elite group? The Sunwing rep was only there part time, not very informative, I have always heard horror stories about Sunwing, but really wanted to to to infinity bay, when we start vacation shopping next year, I will be making sure Sunwing won't be getting my money
The rooms are the resort are gorgeous, water is drinkable, air conditioning is great,snorkelling is terrific, water is warm and clear, there is no gift shop on the resort, but the mini mall is literally 5 min walk, and very safe walk, this is also where the ATM is located (none on the resort)
The spa is not open yet, and there doesn't seem to be a completion date, again, SUNWING should be informing their clients of this...
There are no activities during the day so if our looking for beach volleyball, pool volleyball, pool activities of any sort there are none, BUT if you are looking for a quiet, paradise on earth this is the place for you,,,
Would go back in a heart beat if SUNWING had nothing to do with it
If anyone wants more info feel free too email me,,,,
northern1@hotmail.com

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank northern1231
Midland, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2013

If you've been there, you'll get it. There's a guy who walks along the beach selling banana donuts, and his pitch is .... unique. A good memory of the resort.

This is a condo complex where Sunwing (maybe others?) use vacant condos in an all-inclusive plan. It's not perfect, but it works okay. The rooms are very nicely furnished, good quality furniture and appliances. Don't bother with the $3 per bottle bottled water in the room; just use the filtered water from the frig. The main buffet is quite limited in scope, but I never went hungry. Sometimes the food was unbelieveably good, other times it was quite okay; only once was breakfast a bit lacking. Still a passing grade to me.

The wait staff in the buffet were friendly and attentive. Couldn't ask for better. This was in sharp contrast to the bartenders at the beach bar who were almost invariably VERY slow and grudgingly friendly. (Two noteable exceptions: Josh and Ian) One bartender in Cuba can serve 50 drinks in the time it would take 5 of these guys to serve 10. Not impressed. Tipping seemed to have little effect.

The diving was great right in front of the resort. It was a bummer to see some (*&^%% from one of the cruise ships stomping the crap out of the reef, but they have guys in kayaks patrolling the shallows for just such things, and this particular buffoon was soon educated.

If you are interested in spearing lionfish, talk to Avi the resort activity coordinator. He's Canadian, a freediver, and hugely helpful, informative, and resourceful. He set us up with a driver for a private taxi tour of the island, which was a real education in the varied and colorful history of the island. I had wondered if all the English being spoken was just because the Americans had flooded the island, but found out it's because of the history of British colonialism and piracy. You'd never know you were in an officially spanish speaking country.

There is no spa, by the way......it's still under construction.

Room Tip: Less privacy on the first floor, and no view of anything at all on the first floor "B" roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Markusfugit
Ontario
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My husband and I just returned from Infinity Bay Spa and Resort. Okay, so there is NO spa. The complex is fairly new and is well kept. The units are nicely furnished and the bed was comfortable. We were on the first floor, so forget any privacy. We did ask to be moved but realized after 3 days to just let it go. It wouldn't have been a huge issue except for the fact that the blinds never closed properly or just simply malfunctioned. Nice kitchen, but we never intended to cook for ourselves. The units are owned privately and rented out, either privately or through Sunwing. The food was so hit and miss. One day I had the best chimichurri sauce I have ever tasted and then the last day there, all we had to choose from was egg soup (uncooked scrambled eggs). The liquor was lousy unless you paid $6 per drink. If you wanted the a la carte it was American style food on the beach. If you just wanted a light mid-day snack... too bad, you had to pay for it. So, if you are looking for true all inclusive, this is not it.
The beach is very nice but very busy. Many vendors trying to hawk their wares. It reminded me a little of Puerta Plata in the DR. The buildings are all really close to the water and really crammed beside each other. Shade is almost impossible to find with all the building that has gone on in recent years. The snorkeling is phenomenal literally right off the beach. So much live coral and sea life. The cruise ships come in and the place is like people soup. Everyone wants to snorkel and we saw tons of people standing on the coral and breaking it up. It was a really sad sight to see. The problem is that this treasure is going to be dead in no time with the abuse.
We took a private island tour and at $65pp it was just okay. We would have been better off renting our own vehicle. It was nice to have a guide and give us a little background.
There are small restaurants and shops behind the resort that are worth looking at and I would highly recommend dinner at Vintages beside Bananarama.
I travel a lot but don't see myself going back any time soon.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more private and less bugs. Also, closer to the water has less road noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!