We travelled through Sunwing and arrived at the airport to be greeted by our reps. It was quite odd that our luggage was put into another separate vehicle to be taken to the resort. It goes against "never leave your eyes off your luggage" motto. We took a separate shuttle to the resort which was only about a 25 minute drive. We arrived late morning and were very pleased to be notified our room was ready, usually never the case! We checked back in a hour and our suitcases had arrived. We had a one bedroom condo which was very nice with a nice size balcony with a table and chairs. I loved the concept since I am an early riser and I could shut the door and let my husband sleep for a while longer. We ventured around the resort and got settled in. We had a good nights sleep, the bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning amazing. Upon throwing back the covers the next morning it appeared that the sheets hadn't been changed from the last guest that was there. I left housekeeping a note for our sheets to be changed. We came back later on and our bed had been changed but things weren't replenished in our room. In fact we had to make a few calls to the front desk during our stay for supplies for our room, which I have never experienced before anywhere, we tipped throughout the resort in all areas during the week, but not sure if it really improved on service.
The resort was beautiful and immaculate. We had no complaints with the food as well, even though it had a very limited selection. I found the service in the buffet not to be the greatest for having your table attended to. In the morning buffet only once during the week did we actually have coffee served to us at the table, again never experienced this before. The service was slow but the staff were amazingly nice and attentive. There really is no dress code at this resort. I'm used to getting dressed up for supper but at this resort I felt over dressed. There were people at supper with tank tops and shorts on, although my husband did appreciate not having to wear long pants and closed in shoes as with most resorts for supper.
The pool area was beautiful and clean. The pool was never crowded at any time. We ventured to the beach one day but found it very small and cramped and a constant parade of vendors. They listened when you politely declined then but they kept coming back, so I didn't find the beach very relaxing. The beach is absolutely beautiful with crystal clear water. My husband brought his snorkelling gear but didn't find it as good as snorkelling as all the hype, he managed to see a few different fish but not what he expected.
A big appreciative thank you to Sophia for arranging our island excursion with Nola. She was amazing and informative. She took us into Coxen Hole where her shop is and My Roatan shop also is. Two Ontario missionaries own this shop and help the locals sell their goods. All the monies go back to the people unlike most of the tourism dollars that get filtered back to the mainland. Sophia had recommended Cals Cantina for lunch and again, we were not disappointed. We booked LIttle French Key through Sunwing and it was beautiful but we were misinformed on a few points by the Sunwing rep, so I thought it was a little pricey for what it was.
We had researched the resort before we arrived so we pretty much knew what to expect, but we did find it a little too quiet with no night time entertainment. Once supper was done and you had walked the grounds you pretty much headed to your room for the night. There was entertainment on the weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed that!
Pretty much anywhere on the resort was WiFi which was nice since we were keeping track of the Olympics while there! We lost power a couple of times but nothing major.
We loved walking along the beach each day to see what was going on. Lots of restaurants and bars to go to if you wanted a break from your resort. A little mall was also walking distance if you wanted to pick up a few things. I missed not having bottled water since I like to have a bottle with me at all times so we bought some water there and kept refilling from the tap in the room. Infinity has a filtration system and I did not have any problems with the water.
The usual bartenders and wait staff always get a shout out, but I have to say the baggage porter named Willy stood out for me. He was a sweet caring employee who came onto our bus when leaving and said a nice speech and sent us off.
I was very impressed by Sunwing at the airport. The two reps were there directing customers and giving them their boarding passes before we reached the counter. Very well organized. We actually flew out a half hour early!! That was a nice treat going home.
All in all a very nice resort really aimed at an older crowd and families but by far, from talking to other people who stayed at neighbouring resorts the nicest on the strip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay