“Very nice week at Infinity Bay”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We travelled through Sunwing and arrived at the airport to be greeted by our reps. It was quite odd that our luggage was put into another separate vehicle to be taken to the resort. It goes against "never leave your eyes off your luggage" motto. We took a separate shuttle to the resort which was only about a 25 minute drive. We arrived late morning and were very pleased to be notified our room was ready, usually never the case! We checked back in a hour and our suitcases had arrived. We had a one bedroom condo which was very nice with a nice size balcony with a table and chairs. I loved the concept since I am an early riser and I could shut the door and let my husband sleep for a while longer. We ventured around the resort and got settled in. We had a good nights sleep, the bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning amazing. Upon throwing back the covers the next morning it appeared that the sheets hadn't been changed from the last guest that was there. I left housekeeping a note for our sheets to be changed. We came back later on and our bed had been changed but things weren't replenished in our room. In fact we had to make a few calls to the front desk during our stay for supplies for our room, which I have never experienced before anywhere, we tipped throughout the resort in all areas during the week, but not sure if it really improved on service.
The resort was beautiful and immaculate. We had no complaints with the food as well, even though it had a very limited selection. I found the service in the buffet not to be the greatest for having your table attended to. In the morning buffet only once during the week did we actually have coffee served to us at the table, again never experienced this before. The service was slow but the staff were amazingly nice and attentive. There really is no dress code at this resort. I'm used to getting dressed up for supper but at this resort I felt over dressed. There were people at supper with tank tops and shorts on, although my husband did appreciate not having to wear long pants and closed in shoes as with most resorts for supper.
The pool area was beautiful and clean. The pool was never crowded at any time. We ventured to the beach one day but found it very small and cramped and a constant parade of vendors. They listened when you politely declined then but they kept coming back, so I didn't find the beach very relaxing. The beach is absolutely beautiful with crystal clear water. My husband brought his snorkelling gear but didn't find it as good as snorkelling as all the hype, he managed to see a few different fish but not what he expected.
A big appreciative thank you to Sophia for arranging our island excursion with Nola. She was amazing and informative. She took us into Coxen Hole where her shop is and My Roatan shop also is. Two Ontario missionaries own this shop and help the locals sell their goods. All the monies go back to the people unlike most of the tourism dollars that get filtered back to the mainland. Sophia had recommended Cals Cantina for lunch and again, we were not disappointed. We booked LIttle French Key through Sunwing and it was beautiful but we were misinformed on a few points by the Sunwing rep, so I thought it was a little pricey for what it was.
We had researched the resort before we arrived so we pretty much knew what to expect, but we did find it a little too quiet with no night time entertainment. Once supper was done and you had walked the grounds you pretty much headed to your room for the night. There was entertainment on the weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed that!
Pretty much anywhere on the resort was WiFi which was nice since we were keeping track of the Olympics while there! We lost power a couple of times but nothing major.
We loved walking along the beach each day to see what was going on. Lots of restaurants and bars to go to if you wanted a break from your resort. A little mall was also walking distance if you wanted to pick up a few things. I missed not having bottled water since I like to have a bottle with me at all times so we bought some water there and kept refilling from the tap in the room. Infinity has a filtration system and I did not have any problems with the water.
The usual bartenders and wait staff always get a shout out, but I have to say the baggage porter named Willy stood out for me. He was a sweet caring employee who came onto our bus when leaving and said a nice speech and sent us off.
I was very impressed by Sunwing at the airport. The two reps were there directing customers and giving them their boarding passes before we reached the counter. Very well organized. We actually flew out a half hour early!! That was a nice treat going home.
All in all a very nice resort really aimed at an older crowd and families but by far, from talking to other people who stayed at neighbouring resorts the nicest on the strip!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Hamilton_OntarioDeb,

Thank you for your review and we deeply appreciate your comments and feedback! Its great to hear you had a very nice vacation.
Our goal to run a very green resort which includes sheets being changed every three days and I fear the note you left for the housekeeper was nit understood. I would recommend dialing zero and notifying the front desk so they handle your request. Its unfortunate that items can be lost by a language barrier. We have discussed the housekeeping glitch with the team and we appreciate your notation.

According to the balance of your review we met or exceeded your expectations in accommodations, services, food quality, pool, beach and our activity department.

Again - thank you!
Rick K

Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

A group of 30 of us visited IB for our wedding. We had the wedding off the resort but used the package deal from sunwing and IB (all inclusive).

Resort- 1 pool (beauty), swim up bar, two restaurants, and fantastic location. Rooms are spacious and very modern. Entertainment a few nights a week, fireshow, live music, etc.

Location- can't be beat, directly on the beach. Walk down the beach at night, snorkel directly off shore, lots to do, or do nothing at all.

Staff- treat you like family. Swiss, Ziggy, Alex, Jorge and the list goes on. These guys are unbelievable. Remember a few $ here and there is greatly appreciated. Sophi the activity planner is hands down AWESOME, she saved us a lot of stress and helped with last minute planning for our wedding.

Food/Drinks- never ran out, everything was good. Bar is open early morning and until 10 or 11 pm.

All in all this is a great place. If you want 5 star Mexico all inclusive go there. You come to Infinity Bay for the best location in the Caribbean and to be surrounded by good people. Lighten up, relax and enjoy what Roatan has to offer. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mishkaman05

Dear Mishkaman05,

Mucho gracious for such a nice review! The staff is very thankful!
So glad you enjoyed the wedding, location, beach, accommodations, service staff, food & beverage and activities. It can be a challenge for some to lighten up and chill but after a while the suns warms everyone up!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Four of us went to Infinity Bay on Roatan, Honduras for a week of mid-Winter get-away vacation fun. The overall location, service & experience was absolutely wonderful.
We had housekeeping & breakfast buffet included in our package, and it was certainly worth it for first-timers there; made the experience more relaxed & comfortable.
We brought our own snorkeling gear - which I recommend as the beach on the property opens up onto a beautiful reef teeming with life. Awesome. I also kayaked each day which was a great way to start my day. Whether walking beach, snorkeling, kayaking, lounging or resting - this place was a bit of paradise for all guests.
Downside to the trip included:
1) there was NO fitness center - which I had really looked forward to, so I was not amuzed by their site & brochure all mentioning one.
2) we booked several activities that we billed to our room/villa, but unbeknownst to us they placed over $350 in taxes onto these without disclosing same (we had the cash but chose to bill the rooms since we were all participating in the activities).
We had to get the manager after unsuccessful discussions who removed these fees (they were never disclosed in emails or elsewhere).
3) the little grocery store (walking distance) from Hotel is quite pricey - esp. liquor - so buy that at the Duty-Free shop or groceries at Woody's in West End.
THAT being said - I would recommend Infinity Bay to anyone/everyone as it was situated on a beautiful beach, walking distance to several restaurants, and a quick water taxi to West End for more nitelife/restaurants/shops/groceries.
One of the easiest and nicest vacations ever taken.
We also brought school supplies which we gave to one of the hotel's associates (Cabby/shuttle driver- Marcito) who was bringing them to a group connected with local schools, etc.

Room Tip: Our villa/rooms were great - having two porches/decks and nice space, etc. We were on the 3rd floor...
2  Thank SantiagoJJ

Dear SantiagoJJ,

Thank you so much for taking the time write a review and we are all thrilled that you had a wonderful vacation. Our goal is to always do our best in attempt to deliver an outstanding experience.

Its outstanding that you enjoyed the breakfast and guest services. Im sorry you were disappointed that we have not yet opened our fitness center which will be open later this year. I can assure you there is no resort sponsored advertising in any way promoting a fitness center...we will check with our travel partners to ensure they are using the correct information. Its an honor and privilege to know this was one of nicest vacations you ever had. We hope that means you will be coming back soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Visited Infinity Bay from February 10 - 17. It was an incredible place to celebrate Valentine's Day. The entire complex is quite beautiful. The staff were fantastic and the food was excellent; although somewhat limited and occasionally only warm. It was hardly noticeable as everything was very delicious. Darlon, Brady, and Reyaldo were very attentive to making our trip enjoyable. These young people work many long hours and days. I personally was a little disappointed with the alcohol selection. The 'top-shelf' selections were off limits to the all-inclusive visitors. One evening my friend was informed they were out of white wine, but when a paying patron arrived, they suddenly had wine...We were not privy to the fancy drinks or after dinner sippers unless we wanted to pay for them. The money we already paid to enjoy Infinity should have gotten us the top-shelf! The Beach was an absolute dream. The snorkeling was that of an aquarium. We saw an octopus, parrot fish, eel and squid among many, many other colorful fish! As beautiful as the pool is, we did not spend a lot of time there as the beach was just so beautiful. On cruise ship days, it became quite busy, but IB always had chairs to enjoy. The banana donuts are an absolute MUST try. The beach vendors are frequent and plentiful, but did accept a 'no thank you' and moved along. Our accommodation was very comfortable. We had a two bedroom, two bath condo unit on the second floor and even got to enjoy the Olympics in the evenings. The proximity of the entire place is perfect. Literally just steps everywhere you need to go. The bus ride to the resort was short and interesting. Check in and out was a breeze. I would certainly go back, but will probably explore another as there as just too many places to see ♥ Thank you Infinity Bay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nike36
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Nike36,
Thank you very much for taking your time write a very interesting review. Valentines Day is quite special at Infinity and we are glad you were able to take advantage of it. We apoligize for your dissatisfaction with the beverage program which was designed by Sunwing and is the same or actually more expansive than other Roatan locations.

Our staff was quite proud to read your comments and we look forward to return!
Thank You Nike36!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was our second visit to Roatan! But was by far our best vacation ever!! To celebrate our 20th Anniversary eight of us booked a week in paradise and we definitely chose the perfect resort…Infinity Bay is absolutely beautiful. We arrived and immediately fell in love with the place. The rooms and grounds are more stunning than the pictures show. The pool is endless and always had lots of seating. The beach, well West Bay speaks for itself….the most beautiful beach we have ever been on!! The vendors are always friendly and helpful. There was an issue with the elevator being out of service and that was an immediate concern considering one of our party is confined to a wheelchair. However, that didn’t seem to be a problem what-so-ever…we always had lots of muscle on hand…thanks to the awesome restaurant staff Darlon, Willy and Brady!! They carried our friend up and down the stairs, and sang while doing it! You boys rock, thanks for everything you did for us that week. We’ll hunt you down again next year lol! Thanks to Grace, my saviour, for re-assuring me that one room would accommodate a wheelchair … and they were assigned perfectly!!! Grace, again thank you!! You were a always there if we needed anything!! To Chef Indra, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful food you cooked for us on our vacation. Especially for making me my gluten free meals!! I have never eaten so well on holidays, you are amazing and again thank you!! Sophie is another gem, always around to offer a smile or two!! And if you’re thinking of booking a day trip she is your go-to girl!! Thanks for booking our Dolphin Encounter, an excursion of a lifetime and my first time ever…loved it!! A big thanks to Rick, George, Jorge, Swiss, Ziggy and Steve McQueen …you all made our second visit to Roatan such a special time!! Thank you for everything you did for our group during our stay. We are all chomping at the bit to get our 2015 trip to Infinity Bay booked!! See you in February…..

Shelley & Steve

2  Thank ssalvey

Dear ssalvey,

Thank you for your outstanding review and for your recent visit to Infinity Bay. The really enjoyed you and your entire group. Your were all such lovely people and really added an extra ray of sunshine to the resort. All the guys, Grace and Indra send their best and look forward to seeing back for another anniversary trip!
Regards!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

What a trip!!!!. Infinity Bay really lived up to all our expectations, with one of the most beautiful locales of any place we have visited. The resort was like an oasis at the end of the road...with all the amenities, including beautiful spacious rooms, beautiful grounds ,pool, and an excellent beach to greet us. Now for the important stuff, we were greeted by a warm friendly staff who went out of their way to ensure that our holiday was all that it should be. The Staff was accommodating in every way including carrying my wife up the stairs for the buffet, as she is disabled. The people were exceptionally friendly, great and helpful. We would like to thank Rick and Grace for assuring us that if we needed anything to just call. Special props to all the bartenders, especially Swiss, Ziggy, and Steve Mcqueen who made sure our glasses were always full and always greeted us with a warm smile, and also Jorge and the food staff at the beach restaurant, and lastly but not least- "Darlon ,Brady,and Willy" who always went out of their way to help us, and without whom we would not have been able to experience all the resort has to offer...we miss all of you already and can't wait to get back!!!!!! We would recommend this resort to everyone, but we really don't want to share this gem!!!!

Paul and Cheryl D

2  Thank Cheryl D

Dear Cheryl D,

It was a real pleasure to have hosted your group on your special vacation. We are quite gratified that you enjoyed your time away from the cold. Its our goal 100% of the time to exceed all our guests expectations and the team is quite celebratory for achieving that with your group!
It was an honor!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

A day by day of my families dive vacation experience in Roatan.
Day 2. Wait a sec.. let's talk about day 1 for a moment. Arriving at infinity bay was not without its hiccups but here's the thing, once managment, and sunwing, became aware of the situation they took steps to make amends and at the end of the day what more can you ask for. Mistakes happen. That's a fact of life. The crux is in what happens after the mistakes are made.
My last trip with sunwing was two weeks in Cuba and for all intents and purposes sunwing was really nothing more than the airline we flew with. Not this time. This time we had Claudio.
Once Claudio became aware of our problems during check-in he spent half a day tracking us down (we'd gone diving) to make a personal apology on behalf of sunwing and infinity bay resort and one was left with the feeling that he honestly wished to make amends so that our vacation experience could move forward in the most positive manner possible. My family is not high maintenance, well maybe my wife.. <grin> but we are still quite happy when a wrong is recognised and rectified. It's all we need. Btw.. if infinity ever reads this. You have a young baggage porter. His name is David. I don't know if he took our bags to our room or not.. but you want to talk about good caring customer service? That young fellow is a super star! And I owe him a thanks for all his efforts.
Ok, back to day 2.
Our suite is great. In fact we were all pleasantly surprised at how nice it is and found it did much to improve our demeanors after check-in. Nice appliances, a large shower, nice furnished balcony, ceiling fans in every room (as a family we aren't massive on the over use of AC and much prefer ceiling fans) flat screen tv (god forgive you for needing one in paradise though). Overall fresh and CLEAN.

8am. Breakfast is really quite good. Omlets made to order, mine is jalapeno mushroom and two cheese. Mmm good. Cereals, bagels and toast. Cheesey scrambled eggs. Bacon and delicious island sausage. Hash browns except healthier. Fresh fruit of course and more... No its not a kings buffet but do we really need one? Is it really necessary to go home 10lb heavier than when we left? The food is tasty and fresh with HEALTHY options to start your day. Perfect.
9am. We walk down to the beach to find a water taxi and head to the "West end" for a day of diving with Scuba Roatan... but I'll talk about that another day.
4:10pm back from diving. Our suite is nicely cleaned with fresh towels abundant. Even fresh beach towels.
5:30pm. Time for an early supper after our days adventures. Pineapple pork is the entre of choice for my daughter and I. My wife, one fo those non meat eaters AND glutten free to boot, has squid. Quite excellent.
Dessert is fresh fruit or a vanilla swiss roll cake. How good is it? My daughter and I settle for two slices each. The table of three next to us takes an entire half log, (9 slices?) back to the table with them.
The chefs and wait staff: god DAMN these guys are friendly and seem genuinely concerned as to whether or not you're having a good time. Yes I've read complaints about less than lightning fast service. Welcome to island time. My daughter is getting virgin pina coladas, beaming from ear to ear and in no rush so all is good.
7pm. Pool time. This late the pool is chilly but refreshingly so. My daughter and I laugh and splash for a good hour. She's 12 and curious about the swim up bar. Tomorrow I'll take her to investigate.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay
Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!