“Great Time With Family!!”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed last April. (returning in 2 weeks!)

Great place! Its a mixed bag of people.
All Inclusive (from Canada... us ;-) ) and A la carte from everywhere else.
Pros-

- The Beach is perfect...Snorkel/scuba. probably some of the best in the carabean.
Water almost always calm & clear.
-Food is very good
-weather was perfect the whole week
-Staff was very friendly. with the exception of a couple grumpy's..
-The bar... with the right staff working,Great service!
-Plenty of beach chairs and if timed right, towels.
-Pool is probably the nicest on the island. We haven't seen the completed one at their sister property The Grand Roatan. It did look like it was going to be awesome as well.
-Met quite a few people from around the globe. Very cool experience.

Cons....(If you want to call them that)

-The Beach. Sometimes a little overcrowded with Cruise peeps..
(They are not very respectful of the reef/Beach.. etc.)
-The food as mentioned was very good, however the main dining area is located at the very back of the property and up a couple flights of stairs.(Long haul for a quick snack.)
When there, the feeling is almost cafeteria like. It has the potential to be so much more. That said the palapa restaurant on the beach was also very good, but service was very slow.(island time.)
-The Bar with the wrong staff in place was exceptionally slow.
(just an FYI to management. My kids were given alcoholic drinks twice at the pool.I know mistakes happen, but they were 11/13.Just a heads up.)

We had a great time at IB and would return in a heartbeat.
If you are planning a visit, I have no doubt it will be an enjoyable one.
The West Bay Beach is lined with many small restaurants that are great to
visit for lunch or an evening dinner. Its a nice way to mix things up.

If your looking for a 2000+ room 5 star phoo phoo place, your on the wrong island.
Roatan is small, laid back and friendly. Just the way I like it.
I hope it stays that way as well.

Thanks for a great time to Rick and his crew at Infinty Bay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robb17
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Robb17,

We are grateful for the time you invested to complete a review and was a treat to have your family for their vacation. So glad you enjoyed the amazing beach, the food, service staff and the great weather........I can only take credit for the good weather - LoL

Really appreciate all your comments and very useful feedback. We all look forward to your return!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Rick - Your property`s name is being sullied (as I heard time and time again while sitting at the bar) by your ``all inclusive` guests``.
In my opinion you need to be either fully in on the àll inclusive experience, and you know what people expect in that department, or you need to pull out.
People have an expectation when the property is billed as a 5star.....
From a statistics standpoint did you know that people will talk about a bad expeirence 11 times more than they will a positive experience.
Ive stayed at your propety twice and will again. The location is great, your staff works hard, the properly is lovely. The condo amenities are top notch. I was not an all inclusive guest,
Just my observations while enjoying a beverage or two at the bar. Edwin was a sweetie.,
Look forward to returning to Infinity Bay.
Dawn

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank dpinthehouse

Dear dpinthehouse,

Thank you very much for the review. The all inclusive market for Infinity Bay is small by intention. This market is good base business for the island of Roatan and I do not believe any resort on the island will ever go 100% one way or another as the AI market will diminish the other 7-months of the year.
Rating systems in the hotel / resort industry have changed quite a bit over the years. Now every travel site, booking site, and tour operator have their own rating system. I can assure you we do not have an identity crisis as we offer "casual elegance" as I quote another review and our goal to have a balanced market mix.
Thank you very much for your time and wonderful compliments about the resort. Look forward to your return!!

Best regards
Rick

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were here with 3 kids from 6 and up. Rooms were comfortable, very modern, and had a nice layout. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, you can set up restaurant or excursion reservations through the front desk or concierge. Free Wifi was pretty stable. Bar is nicely located. Nice touch is watermelon and fries in the afternoon set out by the bar for everyone. Kids loved this. Beach and water are beautiful! Snorkeling is great and is as easy to access as any place I have been. Any beach activity you can think of is available to rent or do. Pool is nice, great for the kids and adults. No matter where you stay everything is just a short walk around the resort. Also very safe and secure.

We had the breakfast included. The food was pretty good, variety every day, never the same back to back. The service is really bad here, probably because it's understaffed. There was not one day where I didn't have to go and find silver wear for my family. And every morning except one I had to find my own coffee. Again under staffed. We didn't have lunch or dinner at the resort so not sure about this.

Location......you are a short walk from west bay "town" which is a few restaurants and shops owned by Canadians or Americans. Coffee shop, small market, art gallery, few places to eat. Everything is easy to access from the beach as well. Several dive shops, resorts, and restaurants. Evenings have live music and night life happening somewhere along the beach. Water taxi from the dock at IB takes you to west end, tons of places to eat there.

If you are looking for low key, this is not the place. Infinity Bay is busy and the most crowded beach area. Of course we were here during high season, but in relation to the rest of the beach, it's way busier. There are times where it's REALLY crowded on the beach with cruise shippers, tourists, and vendors. The cruise shippers here from 10 to 230 or so and it mellows out after. Just a heads up.....NOT for a romantic, low key, quiet vacation. You will hear some annoying and loud Americans (I'm American). We were there for the kids and it was great for that. Also prices are higher in west bay versus well anywhere else on the island.

Tips.....do not settle for initial prices for anything especially taxis. Vintage Pearl was a very very good place to eat, expensive but very good. Thai cuisine in west end is excellent! Cynthia's in west end good local food for lunch. There are a lot of average quality high priced restaurants along the beach, it's too bad, this was really our only downside to the trip. Essentially zero local cuisine! You will pay what you pay at home if not more and they're sooooo average.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Travisrymal,

Thank you for your review and thank you for entrusting your families vacation to Infinity Bay. Great to hear the kids had a real comfortable time at the resort. Appreciate your feedback about the staffing levels and as mentioned before I can assure you we are making the needed adjustments to handle the increased business levels. We apoligize for any inconvienance's you may have experienced.
Your trip was during one the busiest periods of the entire year for the island - crisscrossing with spring break in North America. If your looking for a laid back atmosphere March amy not be your month. On the other hand, theres still plenty of opportunities to relax and get that needed chill time in.

Again, thank you for review and your business!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We just returned from our first trip to Roatan. We stayed at Infinity Bay. Our room was fantastic, overlooking the pool with a view of the ocean. The room was very nice, with all the modern conveniences. We would definitely stay here again! However, we ate in the restaurant on two occasions and both times the food was average at best (we heard the breakfast buffet was good but we did not try it). In addition, the service both at the restaurant as well as the pool bar was not nearly as good as other locations. Stay there for the accommodations, just go somewhere else to eat.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott G
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Scott G and thank you for your review....greatly appreciated!

On your next visit we want to hit a grand slam not just a home run. The team is very happy that you loved the location, accommodations and the pool. As mentioned we are making adjustments in food and beverage to better handle the increased volume. We have an excellent Chef who was trained at CIA and Ruths Chris and we deliver some wonderful culinary treats.....as seen in man other reviews. We are making the needed fine-tuning - appreciate your candor, maybe next time we can create a special dining experience for you and your family.

Thanks agian!
Rick

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Beautiful resort, wonderful friendly service, clean and family friendly.
The staff were incredible and fun to be around, very accommodating and knew us by name. They would remember our drink choices and ask us about any attractions we had been on. Staff were knowledgable and shared a great deal of their culture with us.
Our room was spacious and beautiful, it was kept very clean, nothing to complain about. Our room came with a full kitchen so would've been excellent had we not been all inclusive customers.
The grounds were beautiful, the beach incredible. Swim out 50 feet from the beach and see beautiful reef and interesting fish and sea life. The pool was clean, not overcrowded with awesome swim up bar for those highly anticipated strawberry daiquiri's!
Food was mostly good, sometimes surprisingly tasty other times just mediocre. Always something for everyone though and staff will accommodate picky eaters.
Lots of vendors on the beach, but all are friendly and will not pursue you unless you look interested.... try to avoid eye contact. Beach security is always present however and will ensure vendors keep moving. This being said, make sure you try the Banana Donut's! They are AMAZING! Wish we had a banana donut man here in Ontario!
Jungle Top Zip-line attraction was a ton of fun, we had 6 adults and an 11 year old. Everyone had a blast, the tour guides made us feel comfortable and safe. No hand brakes for a more enjoyable experience. Even had a wildlife centre at the end of the trip and we got to play with some monkeys.
All in all an incredible trip. We would definitely come back for another visit!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Trallie,

Thank you so much for the amazing review. We have the best service team on the entire island and we are extremely proud of our guys and gals....thank you for recognizing this!
So glad you enjoyed the accommodations, services and our amazing reef. It was an honor to have hosted you and your family and we look forward to a possible repeat performance.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

First I will give you the perks...this being our first trip to Roatan.

West Bay Beach is one of the, if not the best, location on the island. Beautiful Beach (no sea grass) and having the reef just yards away is pretty special. You can snorkel each day yards off the beach. The Dive shop on sight is nice and convenient. Food is pretty good here. They also have some nice entertainment in the evenings. Outside this property is beautiful, pool stunning, accommodations are very nice and well appointed, as they should be for $582 a night (including taxes and fees). Should be better than the Ritz, right? Think again...ever wear a wrist band at a Ritz?

Infinity Bay has coupled with some tour companies to provide an all-inclusive option. This is probably a great resort for this, and I doubt they spent $582 a night (2 bedroom-2 ba). Had I paid less, in some cases, I may have expected less. My guess is that the All inclusive paid approx. what I did but got food and drinks too.

We are extensive travelers and have pretty high standards, yet are reasonable in our requests. In defense of the management we never complained (even when we probably should have) and did have a wonderful time!

Note: All of West Bay is FULL of vendors peddling crap (or excursions) and trying to give you a massages. They will bug you all day long at the beach. One woman would not get her hands off of me even after being told NO several times. If Infinity Bay security was around they kept them at bay, but still an issue for me. If you want a Massage use the employee of the hotel although she has some questionable language around kids. HOWEVER we LOVE MILTON, the banana doughnut guy. I loved seeing him everyday with his happy little song. They could all disappear with the exception of Milton..he makes me happy.

Upon arriving we were expected to tip the man who took our bags from#1 baggage claim to curb (this is not far), #2 the guy who put the luggage from the curb into the window of our bus, #3 the bus driver...starting to run out of $1 here... Upon arriving at the condo we were told our room was ready and just needed to be inspected. We were told 10 min so we Tipped (again) the Bell man and left our luggage with him and he told us he would come to the bar and find us, after delivering the luggage and bring us the key. A hour and a half after finishing lunch we went up to the desk, proceeded to take our unattended luggage (full of dive equipment) out of the lobby and head to our room.

We paid extra for a beachfront room than our friends, which was $150 a night more for the same condo with little to no view of the ocean (which I did ask upon booking). Our view was of the activities desk, canoes, ping pong table, and palm trees (2nd floor) In building 1 only 3rd floor would have a good open view and maybe the second floor right next to the bar. Also in the beachfront building you are woken up at 6 am with the unstacking of the canoes, a little kitchen noise (as I assume the bar kitchen is in the basement of bldg 1) and then the music on the adjacent land (as a beach stop for Cruisers - you can imagine how busy on cruise days). At night noise comes from the music and activity at the bar...thankfully it was pleasant at night and not late in the evening. I also think that it is a little weird that the master bedroom (with King - and exit to deck) doesn't have the adjacent dual sink bathroom) This is attached to the second bedroom (that has an outside door to the hall) so the owners can have multiple rental possibilities. This leaves you to decide whether you want the spare room with an outside locked door to the hall and attached bath or the larger bed that leads to the deck...1st world decisions.. ha

As for service..Breakfast.. (which was included in our room cost) the breakfast here is very good, fresh, nice options a good start to the day, however 2 out of the 7 days I could never find anyone to give me coffee as they always seemed to be out. I brought my own cup from the room. Sometimes out of clean dishes, or cups, silverware...you get the point. Although food was really good.

Bar Service - 90% of the time SLOW. It took forever to get a drink..sometimes 20 minutes (and I paid for each drink...you could have made more money off of me!!!!!). One day the beach server went to check to see if they had mint and NEVER came back. Getting a bill to sign (and give a tip)..took 15-30 minutes minimum. One day while sitting at the swim up bar I witnessed a server eating fries (with bare hands) off of a customers plate before serving them to the customer. Beach chairs are at a premium too so plan on 6:30 am saving of a chair ritual.

Rooms are very nice, however, cleaning service is worse than mediocre. It took forever for them to get to our room, sand everywhere in the halls and room. One day they cleaned the wine glasses only to leave red wine in the bottom of the glass. After the first day I rarely saw a washcloth, and half of the towels were cleaned but smelled funny..like burnt popcorn. The neighbors left a post it that they were in need of the same plus dish soap and TP! The air conditioning thermostat was broken in our unit and our friends in bldg 17. Our choices in the main area were 64 degrees or off. No worries about being hot. The handle in both showers in the unit were also broken and it took a little spinning to finally figure out where the hot and cold water were located (stopper was broken). Tip beginning of the week or wait til the end, service is the same. Oh and there is an elevator in each building...I would recommend not using it as power does flicker on the island...although I am almost certain this place has a large backup generator. Still scary looking to me.

Although I thought it was very pricey for the service we received, we did make the best and enjoyed our stay. The employees were for the most part very nice and friendly. There are some real service issues. Maybe Understaffed? If we came back to Roatan we would search for a smaller property that is more geared to customer care. Oh and if you have kids have them stay away from the resort dogs. The tan one bit my daughter (after I repeatedly told her not to touch them) and then another girl it broke the skin. I asked the employees if the dog has its shots one told me yes other no (at the same time - I think one answered no it didn't have rabies and the other yes it had shots) Let's hope it did, I'm sure they wouldn't keep an animal there that didn't have its shots that would be just irresponsible.

Room Tip: Lower numbered rooms are adjacent to the beach for cruisers and are noisier in the morning and after...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank bagswife

Dear bagswife,

The entire staff is so sorry and extremely disappointed that you did not completely enjoy your vacation.....this means a great deal to us. Our rates do fluctuate based on season just like how the airlines maximize and yield pricing for their seats - exact same concept.

We are a bit confused on where this wristband issue is coming from as it is for your safety. This enables our outstanding security team to identify who is and who is not staying at the resort. Without question if you were staying at a Four Season Resort or Sandals you would be wearing a wristband. Very rarely , but when we have a guest that does want to wear a wristband - we always say "no problem" just carry it with you - no stress and no pain - ever!

Glad you had a wonderful time....Im always soliciting comments and feedback from our guests - nothing is too minor or insignificant to address. We have been understaffed over the last 30 days and as mentioned prior this is being addressed. So sorry for the inconveinance.

We really do appreciate all your comments and feedback and I hope you take me up on the
offer we made.

Hope you can return and I promise no wristband for you and we throw in some extra banana doughnuts.

Rick@infinitybay.com

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The beach is spectacular- white sand, clear water- great snorkeling right in front of the hotel. Infinity Bay's location is definitely top notch. But... there are not enough beach chairs to accommodate hotel guests. The shortage is worse on cruise ship days- Infinity Bay sells day passes to cruise passengers. Plan to wake up early if you would like a spot on the beach.
The resort uses the towel for a token system, rationing towels to guests. They often run out of clean towels. You will also be asked to wear a plastic bracelet.
The staff are very friendly and the grounds are well-kept. But, expect a scavenger hunt if you would like to eat breakfast at the included buffet using a fork, plate, glass and napkin. We found a clean, fully- set table only one out of five mornings. The food is about what you would expect from an included buffet. We ate several meals at the Grand Roatan, which is next door to Infinity Bay. Great food and service, we especially loved the sea bass. You can also find great street tacos if you venture to the West End.
We stayed in a third floor 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom villa (#1206). The room was clean and spacious, but the décor/furnishings were dated and a little worn. Nice balcony overlooking the pool. It's billed as "ocean view". You can see the ocean from a few points. Only the few rentals on the ends have unobstructed ocean views.
Our girls loved the zip-line adventure. We also rented a sail boat for a 1/2 day. The boat had only one working rudder and some other mechanical issues, which didn't stop them from taking us "sailing". We didn't travel far, but had a good time. The crew were personable and entertaining.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank tdeichner

Dear tdeichner,

Thank for your review and we greatly appreciate you choosing Infinity Bay. We have been going through some growing pains this month and we are making adjustments such widening the beach, adding extra lounge chairs and adding some additional team members. Yes we do have a towel card for the towel stand and resort bracelets....we are sorry if this caused you a major inconveinance but its 100% necessary from a control and security standpoint....actually this is quite common in any resort setting. Sounds like you missed trying our sea bass with a pineapple chutney....its extremely popular! Maybe next time?

Thanks again for your feedback...hope to see you back!
Rick@infinitybay.com

Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!