Places rarely look in person as they do in photos - Infinity Bay definitely DOES! After walking the beach and checking out other places, we knew we'd made the right choice for us.
We rented through an owner, but check in through the front desk was effortless. Although our room was not ready (we arrived before lunch), they took our luggage and placed it behind the counter and we were able to enjoy the beach, pool and bar. You are given a wrist band to wear during your stay - this ensures security can keep "non-guests" out.
Safety - This was my biggest concern prior to our trip. I felt very safe during my time there. Security was always present, but unobtrusive. We took the normal precautions we do everyday at home, and had no issues. The rooms all have safes to lock up valuables while away - loved that! The vast majority of locals we met were exceptionally nice and wanted to ensure we had a great time. We did!
Beach - If you love to snorkel or dive, this is the resort for you!! The best and easiest snorkeling I have ever done. Literally right in front of the resort. We brought our own snorkel gear, but you can rent for $10 per day. Beach is raked every day and lounge chairs in sun or shade were always available.
Rooms - Just as pictured and the A/C was fantastic! I only noticed one power outage and it was only for a few minutes. Yay, generators! Good selection of TV channels was a bonus.
Beach Bar - Yes, you are on island time. I knew this going in, so I was often surprised when we were served quickly, haha. The Palapa is great for burgers/snack and a drink. We wanted to try as many places as possible, so only ate here a few times. Didn't try the breakfast buffet - but heard it was good.
Activities - Grace, the activities director I worked with, was fantastic. Very personable and efficient! She can arrange any activities you are interested in, to include transportation (included with many trips). The Dolphin Snorkel with Anthony's Key and zip lining with South Shores are not to be missed!! Thanks Grace!
Bugs - Yes, this tropical island has them :) I never saw any in my room. Took a daily dose of allergy meds, and kept the benedryl handy. No major problems, I get gnawed on at home, too. Take your bug spray. Once I started religiously using it, no more bites!
Summer is a low season for them, and it was a great time to be there. Even cruise ship days at the beach were great. It was hot, but not as hot as Virginia! Besides, I had a beach and a breeze :) Don't hesitate to go - you'll love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras - West Bay