“Lived up to the hype!”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Places rarely look in person as they do in photos - Infinity Bay definitely DOES! After walking the beach and checking out other places, we knew we'd made the right choice for us.

We rented through an owner, but check in through the front desk was effortless. Although our room was not ready (we arrived before lunch), they took our luggage and placed it behind the counter and we were able to enjoy the beach, pool and bar. You are given a wrist band to wear during your stay - this ensures security can keep "non-guests" out.

Safety - This was my biggest concern prior to our trip. I felt very safe during my time there. Security was always present, but unobtrusive. We took the normal precautions we do everyday at home, and had no issues. The rooms all have safes to lock up valuables while away - loved that! The vast majority of locals we met were exceptionally nice and wanted to ensure we had a great time. We did!

Beach - If you love to snorkel or dive, this is the resort for you!! The best and easiest snorkeling I have ever done. Literally right in front of the resort. We brought our own snorkel gear, but you can rent for $10 per day. Beach is raked every day and lounge chairs in sun or shade were always available.

Rooms - Just as pictured and the A/C was fantastic! I only noticed one power outage and it was only for a few minutes. Yay, generators! Good selection of TV channels was a bonus.

Beach Bar - Yes, you are on island time. I knew this going in, so I was often surprised when we were served quickly, haha. The Palapa is great for burgers/snack and a drink. We wanted to try as many places as possible, so only ate here a few times. Didn't try the breakfast buffet - but heard it was good.

Activities - Grace, the activities director I worked with, was fantastic. Very personable and efficient! She can arrange any activities you are interested in, to include transportation (included with many trips). The Dolphin Snorkel with Anthony's Key and zip lining with South Shores are not to be missed!! Thanks Grace!

Bugs - Yes, this tropical island has them :) I never saw any in my room. Took a daily dose of allergy meds, and kept the benedryl handy. No major problems, I get gnawed on at home, too. Take your bug spray. Once I started religiously using it, no more bites!

Summer is a low season for them, and it was a great time to be there. Even cruise ship days at the beach were great. It was hot, but not as hot as Virginia! Besides, I had a beach and a breeze :) Don't hesitate to go - you'll love it!

Room Tip: No matter where you are in the resort, you are only a couple of minutes to the sand (along a beautif...
6  Thank Tracy M
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Tracy M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for choosing Infinity Bay for your vacation experience. The entire hard working resort team is deeply appreciative!

There are many options in booking your vacation at Infinity Bay and whatever channel you choose we are ready to deliver a wonderful experience. The breakfast buffet in an excellent way to start your day. We are fortunate to have an excellent security team at the resort. We are honored that you enjoyed the other services and products we have at Infinity Bay!

A big thank you up to Williamsburg!
Rick K

Write a ReviewReviews (2,114)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just returned from our second trip to Roatan and Infinity Bay where we had another great trip and wonderful stay. I always get a kick out of reading the reviews of the Infinity Bay on this site and have come to realize the folks that complain about such trivial things as I didn't have an ocean view room or I had to climb stairs to get to the breakfast buffet are absolutely missing the beautiful, friendly and fun atmosphere this place has to offer. Truth is none of the rooms at the Infinity are going to give you a frontal 180 degree view of the ocean simply because of the way the room face (90 degrees from the ocean). But all the rooms do give you a great view of the pool and beautiful courtyard. And yes you have to climb two flights of stairs to get to the breakfast buffet, but if that is too much exercise for you to handle then chances are you are already putting yourself at risk by traveling in such poor health. Bottom line is Infinity Bay is a great value, it is by far one of the nicer establishments on West Bay, the condo's are nicely laid out, plenty of room, provide full kitchens and well maintained. If your expectation of a breakfast buffet is along the lines of what you would experience at an all you can eat breakfast buffet in the states then you most likely will be writing a negative review about the breakfast at the infinity bay upon your return. But if your expectations can be met by a good selection of made to order eggs and omelet’s, pancakes or French toast depending on what day it is, ham, bacon, hash browns, beans, toast, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, coffee and juice then you should find yourself well fed at breakfast during your stay. I know I did! Another common complaint I see on here is the service you receive at the Palapa bar. Again if you are expecting to get rapid fire service akin to what you would receive at Applebee's or some other stateside chain establishment you may be a little disappointed. This is simply not how things operate in this environment and if you can't tolerate a bit of a slower pace and are incapable of being a little flexible then don't put yourself in this environment. My family and I ate several times at the Palapa bar during our 9 day stay and enjoyed every meal. I highly recommend the seafood soup and fish taco's. Hint: Get to know your servers they are simply some of the friendliest, funniest and most easy going folks you could ever hope to meet. If you treat them with respect and loyalty they will provide you great service. If you want a drink don't expect that as soon as you walk up to the bar that they immediately ask you what you would like to drink. If you are friendly and assertive you will get better service and tip them for their time. Ziggy, Puma, Alex, Swiss, Brady, Steve, and Mario all did a great job taking care of my family and I and I can't thank them enough. They all deserve a raise! We had a couple of small issues where our maid forgot to leave enough towels in the room one day, no biggy we simple called and asked for more towels, picked up a couple of beach towels for back up and continued to have a wonderful time! Cruise Ships are another complaint I see on this forum. Fact is they happen, during our stay we had three ships on one day and two on another. The residents get real excited about these boats coming in as they depend on the business opportunities they present. Infinity does a great job protecting their space from being invaded by these temporary visitors. Yes the beach is going to get crowded and more vendors are going to be out and about trying to sell their wares and services but honestly I think I relished in the fact that I knew these cruisers were leaving within a couple of hours and I was staying for several more days! The timeline for the boats seemed to be an early morning arrival with folks starting to show up on West Bay by 7:30 a.m. and then they were gone shortly before or after noon. Not once did a boat interfere with any diving or other activities we had scheduled. The beach and water of West Bay is awesome! It just doesn't get any better. Prepare yourself for the walk by vendors they are part of the beach. Most are harmless and will not bug you, however there are a couple of the massage ladies who will just walk up and start rubbing you neck or feet. Again be assertive and politely tell them to beat it. Bottom line is my family and I had a great trip, enjoyed every minute of our stay and will surely return. Infinity Bay keep up the good work! And if you go buy Banana Doughnuts!!

Room Tip: 705 is a great 2 bedroom condo.
3  Thank Crawford67

Dear Crawford67

Thank you for your detailed review...we are very appreciative! Your insight was interesting to read and the resort team members you mentioned were excited to see you remembered them.....this means so much to the staff.

We all hope to see you back next year for a third visit....or even sooner!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

30 minute ride from the airport. Stop for groceries on the way. Properties with lower block numbers are nearer the pristine beach. Our 2 bed apartment was finished to a very high standard with all the comforts of home. Well equipped with full kitchen, washer dryer and very good A/C. Beds were comfy and although some minor early evening noise from the bar area things were quiet before 9.00pm. Pool and grounds were wonderfully kept. Power dropped out most mornings for a few minutes. The property is right on the beach with ample sun chairs and umbrellas. No charge for use. Bar food was standard quality but not excessively priced. Plenty of good places to eat and drink along the beach with specials for food and drink every night. No issues with sand flies or bugs of any sort. Wonderful snorkeling right off the beach. Secure with observant guards keeping an eye on the beach traders. The traders take a polite no and move on. Can get a little tiresome but they are for the most part very pleasant. Traveled with 2 teenage girls who had a ball. The facility adds a $40 cleaning change and there's a $40 departure tax payable at the airport (and they do take credit cards and despite many who who is was cash only). Get to the airport on departure day early. It gets a little crazy so beat the rush. Infinity Bay offer a free shuttle bus to the airport. It was packed when we rode back to the airport. You'll need to book the day prior to departure. Use small US dollar bills. They are taken everywhere. Having been to Turks and Caicos last year and Aruba the year before we agreed Roatan probably just edged it overall and Infinity Bay certainly seemed to be the nicest place on the island. Book through VRBO. Much cheaper than booking direct. We had no issues with dealing with a very helpful and friendly owner who offered great advice. We seldom return to the same place twice but I'd say we'll be back here one day. Wonderful relaxing week.

Room Tip: Book block 3 or 4. Still see the ocean and avoid bar noise but still see the beach. Blocks have thre...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank duncanhume

Dear duncanhume,

Thank you very much for writing such a nice review and most importantly for choosing Infinity Bay for your Caribbean get-a-way!

If book directly through the resort (keep an eye out for many promotions) you will have the breakfast buffet included and you will receive daily housekeeping service.

Either way we are at your service!
Rick

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I cannot give Infinity Bay Resort and Spa enough praise! What an amazing trip to take advantage of the 4th of July holiday! They had a huge party and fireworks...it was awesome! As a single, female traveler it was important for me to A) plan a relaxing and enjoyable vacation and B) feel safe in my surroundings. Well, they nailed it! This was my second trip to Roatan and Infinity Bay Resort and Spa and it was even better than the first time. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and well-appointed, and the beach will exceed your expectations by far. The snorkeling is crazy good and if you're feeling extra adventurous, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND taking the diving courses offered at Infinity Divers. The dive shop is located right on site and have package deals that are reasonable for everything you get (professional instruction, equipment rentals, boat dives). I took the Open Water Divers Certification course and it was absolutely awesome. Here are a few of my recommendations if, you, eh em...WHEN YOU, visit this island and stay at Infinity Bay Resort and Spa:

- The pool is awesome and every spot is a good spot for lounging
- Don't waste your time overpacking and planning outfits...you will be in a bathing suit the bulk of your time here
- The wifi works great all over the resort and easy with your fave device (iPad Mini all the way)
- The restaurants along the beach are really good and have great dinner specials, so venture out a bit
- The breakfast buffet was really good and had plenty to offer
- Yardman is the best and most reliable water taxi guy on the island! He will even make you Honduran patties (like empanadas) for a price and they are GOOD!! He also will take you on snorkel trips and be your guide in the water
- There are tons of vendors walking the beach, so sit in the second or third row of chairs to avoid constant interruptions
- if you snorkel or dive or swim or whatever, please do your part to protect the coral reef. Don't crush it or leave your trash in the water. Thanks!
- The studio rooms are fine for solo travelers, but you will be on the backside of the building (no view or patio)...I will splurge and get the one bedroom next time

This has become one of my favorite places and I totally see myself coming back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Nikki_Dee13

Dear Nikki_Dee13,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a smashing review. It was a pleasure for the entire staff to have taken care of you! We have a "spirt to serve" at Infinity Bay and it shines through in your comments. The firework show we do on July 4th and New Years Eve has become a true island tradition - it is amazing! So glad you were able to enjoy it!

See you soon!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We had the most beautiful, relaxing time at this resort! We were pleasantly surprised that the resort was a beautiful as the pictures. It is perfect for all groups, couples, families and friend getaways. The employees are what make this resort stand out. They treated us like family! Remembering our names, orders, etc. Every evening at dinner Swiss, Brady, Jamie and Maya provided us with some of the friendliest service we have ever had! At the breakfast buffet Harlin patiently makes the best made to order omelets! The beauty, luxury and staff make this a place we will be sure to return to time and time again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Jenny L,

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing Infinity Bay for your vacation experience. We are honored that you consider our little corner in the wold to be a slice of heaven!

The resort team was thrilled to see your comments / compliments about their efforts to deliver a great experience. We look forward to your return! We will not let you forget.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was my first trip to Roatan, and it was wonderful! The Infinity Bay Resort was the perfect choice. We had a 3 bedroom suite, and it was very spacious. The staff was so helpful and friendly throughout our stay. There are numerous beach side restaurants and bars within walking distance of the resort. No one in our group had any issues with sand fleas or mosquitoes, and I noticed the staff at Infinity Bay raking the sand in the evening to help prevent bug issues.

Our only negative experience took place at the beach bar and restaurant. Life does move at a slower pace in Honduras, which is a welcome change! However, during one of our visits, the wait time was a little ridiculous. We had to ask for condiments from 3 different people over a span of 20 minutes before any were actually given to us. Other than that the service was great.

If you do plan on bringing US Dollars with you, try to have small bills! As the day goes on, sometimes the change for $20 bills runs out. Overall, a fabulous trip and a great resort!

1  Thank Meagan343
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Meagan343,

Thank you very much for your review and choosing Infinity Bay for your vacation! We are honored to hear we were the perfect choice for you and your family. Your comments in regards to the service being slower than anticipated is greatly appreciated and it has been discussed with our food service team!!

Mucho gracias!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I went for a four days stay at Infinity Bay Resort in Roatan with my family and it was ,excellent stay, Service personel was friendly with customers. musician on friday night played old but goodies Sunny beach with clear waters invite to stay longer. Will return .

Room Tip: higher rooms are more quite. choose a ocean view if you can
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for yiur review and we are all thrilled you had a nice vacation. If you have any suggestions on what you would like to see at the resort in the future - please send directly to me at rick@infinitybay.com.

Hope to see you soonM

Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay
Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!