“Top Notch in a SPECTACULAR location”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Mars, Pennsylvania, United States
“Top Notch in a SPECTACULAR location”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I booked the Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort and was very anxious to get there and see if it lived up to the website. I'd checked Trip Advisor and there's always naysayers, so I tried not to let that bother me.

From the moment we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very modern and great. We were in a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. Everything was VERY clean and I definitely felt like we were staying in luxury accommodations. The property is immaculately kept and it quite beautiful.

The one thing that was missing from the reviews here when I looked was reviews on the FOOD. A breakfast buffet is included in the stay and it was REALLY nice. Fresh squeezed juice, pastries, cereal, toast. There was also pancakes or french toast as well as potatoes, beans and some sort of meat (bacon, sausage or ham). My favorite, however, was the egg station where you could get a custom omelet or eggs anyway you liked. The fruit was also VERY fresh and delicious.

The onsite restaurant (La Palapa) was fine for lunch. Plenty of sandwiches, burgers, and appetizers which is what we ate most days for lunch. I felt the price was fair and not "resort prices." I never really ate a dinner meal there so I can't say what that was like, but the other food was typical "american" fare and was good.

I loved Infinity Bay and loved the West Bay location. You're steps away from the beach and MANY, MANY great options for food and activities. Not to mention you're literally 30 ft from a HUGE reef. It was spectacular and the snorkeling there was AH-MAZ-ING!!!!

If I had to come up with one negative (ok 2) I'd suggest the following: Update your pool towels. They were a little old and some were thread bare. No big deal really. And second, an on site ATM would have been nice for a Resort of this size. Other than that, really no negatives at all!

I highly recommend Infinity Bay.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad room in the place.
1 Thank Susan T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I like this hotel very much. We've visited twice already. Rooms are very comfortable, and food is good. It has a huge heated pool for both kids and adults, and it is located on what we think is the best spot of Roatan's West Bay beach. Just stay away from ordering room service!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Carlos M
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Terrific, world class, all the amenities you would expect and a staff that will take care of all your needs. Probable biggest pool anywhere; 200 feet long. Palapa swim up bar is good fun. Excellent beach. Diving is world class. Trust me. TravelinAlan has scuba dived all over the world.
A pricey destination for sure. However, you get what you pay for and the Infinity will not disappoint. I was very lucky to be the guest of an owner.
Nikki Solomon was so helpful and kind to me. She is an excellent representative of the resort.

Room Tip: It's a true resort. Closer to the beach, the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
King County, WA
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Everything we needed was right there. Many restaurants a short walk away on the beach. The hotel restaurant is good. The rooms were well appointed and everything was in working order. Missed the spa - it is not open yet - but we will be back - we all loved it!

Room Tip: If you can get a room in building 1 or 11 - they are truly beach front. But any location in the hot...
1 Thank Michele F
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Infinity Bay is nice. We rented a 2 bedroom on the 2nd floor. The unit had one TV in the main room. The kitchen was nice but not well stocked as far as dishes. The fridge was making a lot of noise and it was a bit of a problem at night. We notified the front desk but it was not fixed during our stay.
The beach is beautiful and fun. Snorkeling is great. Wednesdays and Thursdays are cruise ship days. It is overwhelming. Also, the vendors on the beach are annoying at time.
I recommend renting a car and exploring the island, the Dolphin snorkeling experience at Anthony Keys, the iguana farm, diving with the sharks.
The Grand Roatan Resort has a great restaurant and nice drinks too.

Room Tip: Higher floors for more privacy
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Another outstanding week of much-needed R and R at the Infinity Bay Resort! This was our fourth stay in as many years, and the resort, service and attention to detail continue to be excellent. From the moment they picked us up at the airport until we checked out five days later, there was literally nothing to complain about. Olga and Krisna at the Front Desk, Sue in Sales and the whole crew did a great job welcoming us back. The new breakfast buffet is a great addition! A special shout out the Alex, Mario and Melton for taking good care of us. The Palapa Bar and Restaurant was, as always, exceptional. A special thanks to Mayra, Steve "McQueen" and Brady for the superb hospitality. We've been vacationing in Roatán for over ten years and have stayed at numerous resorts. Infinity Bay is by far the best place on the island. It is safe, secure and the service is unbeatable. We had to pry our six and four-year olds out of the pool the last day. The only downer was the fact that we had to leave! See you all next year!

2 Thank Charles H
Aliso Viejo, CA
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My sister and I went to Infinity Bay July 12th for 8 nights. We had a great time but I had a major concern with their credit card handling at check in and that is why I am only giving the resort 3 stars. At check in they request your passport and make a copy, no problem. Then you give them your credit card and they either write the number or imprint the card on duplicate carbon slips (1980s style). They leave the dollar amount blank and ask you to sign the slip. I work for a bank and I know that if I signed a blank slip then tried to dispute any charges I would have no recourse. I told the man that I would not sign the slip with an empty dollar amount. He showed me several blue folders, that were sitting right there, of other guests who had signed the blank slips (guest privacy?). I still said no, I wouldn’t sign it. He informed me I would have to pay for the room upfront and not make any charges to the room. Ok, no problem. Here’s the kicker. The credit card receipt I signed for the room was printed from a machine, they didn’t even use the carbon copy slip. So what is the point of the carbon copy imprint when the receipt is printed from the computer? It would only take one dishonest employee/guest to open/take those blue folders and have a person’s passport and credit card number which could lead to identify theft/credit card fraud.

I would request Rick to review their policy of the credit card carbon slips and the blue folders left on the counter. Maybe time to upgrade your Hospitality Software to one that can encrypt and store a guest CC number. If this policy was changed I would be back in a heartbeat!!

There isn’t much I can add to what other people have said about the beauty of the resort, beach and reef. Thank you Infinity Bay for having the generator and keeping the AC on!

Thank you to Grace for telling us about the day trip to Pigeon Cay and booking it for us. Ray and his crew on the boat were great and the lunch they served delicious.

Special thanks to Mario, Brady and Swiss. You guys were really nice and answered all our questions about life on Roatan. You made our meals at La Palapa a lot of fun. Don’t go for the sushi on Friday nights. The spicy tuna roll was $12.00 and not very good. The rest of the meals were excellent.

Room Tip: We were in building 9 close to the lobby. It was very quiet.
7 Thank Socal99
Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#4 of 14 in West Bay

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!