“Family Relaxation in Island Paradise”

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in West Bay
Weehawken, New Jersey
“Family Relaxation in Island Paradise”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We just finished a fantastic week at Infinity Bay. The staff was wonderful, friendly and always willing to help in any matter. A special thanks to Andrea and Ziggy the bartenders -at the Palapa Bar on the beach who hosted us for lunch, dinner, drinks and the best island recomendations.
We spent our week enjoying the calm - warm Caribian water, great snorkeling and scuba diving from the resort shore. My two children were given great Scuba diving instruction by master diver Dale at the Infinity Divers Aqua Center, there on paroperty. The instructor was wonderful and the Center was run well, easily see why it is one of the top if not the top on the island.
the food in the resort is very good but with a short walk down the beach there are a dozen choices and each has its own casual atmosphere.
Infinity Bay Resort has the best fascilities, pool, beach and dock. the resort has its own water taxi for those runs into West End, for dinner, shopping or just to visit.
For our family of four this was a fantistic vacation and look forward to our return.

Room Tip: Book you room or suite close to the beach. recomend staying in buildings 1,2,3 or 10, 11 or 12.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hotelbuff1959

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My 19 year old and I stayed on the 4th floor of building 18 the first week in August. We stopped at Eldon's grocery from the airport for breakfast and lunch items. They were helpful and the condo's owner previously arranged a driver for us so we could ask him questions also. We got some help from the hotel receptionist to carry our groceries/luggage to our room. The elevator doesn't work as previous reviewers have mentioned and the 54 steps are great exercise! Not what I particularly wanted to do after flying all day, but once we opened the door...it was all forgotten. The AC was on and the coolness was wonderful on that HOT day. The condo was very clean with up to date appliances. Our microwave didn't work, but that wasn't a big deal. Coffee pot, blender, toaster, gas stove, and dishwasher. Next time I will take a kitchen towel and a couple dishwasher cube soaps. The only spices I took were Old Bay, garlic, olive oil, and oregano. That covered spaghetti, omelets, and fresh fish. We bought a white fish off the pier by the hotel one day and cooked it. Delicious!
Infinity Bay's pool was never crowded and so gorgeous and quiet. Towels do get gone by 10:00, but we were always out by then. We were able to get beach chairs with no problem each day and also on cruise ship days. The staff was very friendly and ready to help. We arrived on Sunday and they cleaned on Wednesday. Both balconies were quiet and peaceful. The front one opens up from the den and the first bedroom. It was very large with a table and 4 chairs. In our 2 bedroom each had very comfortable king beds. Bathrooms were clean with natural light in the master bath. We are definitely going back! Oh, we would go out in the evenings and walk about 5 minutes up the beach to eat! Go to Bananarama on Sunday night for great food, fire dancers, and crab races. Lobster Pot on water taxi for sunset, excellent service and food (garlic mashed potatoes with your fresh seafood and complimentary lemon pie!) one night and Foster's on Thursday night for $12.99 Lobster dinner!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Diana28677
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay at a resort this trip and be taken care of. We've heard a lot of good things about infinity bay and chose to stay here. We were stuck in Atlanta overnight and missed our first night here, but called ahead to inform and had no problem arriving next day. I had a mostly positive experience and would stay again.
Pros:
-the rooms were clean which is the most important thing to me
-the staff and manager rick were accommodating and friendly
-the location is great
-the grounds and beach are painstakingly taken care of resulting in beautiful scenery
-the food was overall the best food we experienced
-the wifi was not as horrible as I've heard so I had more connectivity than I planned for
-there is plenty to do within walking distance but I didn't even feel like I needed to leave the resort
-the fire show Friday evening was great
Cons:
- the mattress and pillows were rocks. This is personal preference but I had a stiff neck the whole week and so did my husband. Maybe it varies by the owner of the condo or maybe were in the minority but this is the hardest mattress I've ever experienced in hotels.
- check in was the worst part of our trip for a few reasons.
First, I do not like that they have a copy of your passport, manually write down your credit card number on a carbon copy slip and have you sign it at check in with no total. I didn't feel comfortable having these pieces of paper floating around the hotel in another country. I tried to question this but I don't think she understood my stress over this. I'm grateful we have great fraud protection on our credit card and will be checking over things carefully.
Second, they forgot to give us a wristband. There were maybe four or five groups checking in and two employees. So I don't believe it was too busy. I saw other people receiving wrist bands but didn't know why. It wasn't until a security guard asked us on the beach if we were hotel guests that we knew. He was very nice about it and not confrontational.
Third, even after we got our wristbands we were never told that our rate included breakfast every morning. We were scheduled to check in Saturday but were delayed until Sunday (airline problems) and we were told by staff at la palapa Thursday breakfast was complimentary. We made sure to eat at the buffet the last three mornings, but I was bummed we wasted money the other mornings.

Suggestions:
-a mirror in the bedroom would be great. When someone is in the bathroom it would be great to have a mirror to continue getting ready.
-Another suggestion would be to have more personal items in the gift shop or available to guests. I happened to forget a razor, which usually a hotel will have on hand. I couldn't even buy one at shop I had to go to the drug store at west end mall. I also had to buy bug spray there because it wasn't in the shop.

In the end, we relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. It takes some getting used to the slow nature of everything here, but it's like that everywhere in Roatan. I can see us coming back for a future stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tien71003
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at Infinity Bay. We've been to Roatan 5 times & we've stayed at 3 different types of places. I want to clarify this review by saying we don't have kids and we don't like to "party". So, with that said, the pluses to Infinity Bay. Convenience really sums it up. The included airport transfers are very convenient. The property is well kept. The rooms are spacious and clean. The infinity pool is beautiful and boasts a spectacular view of the water, beach, and sunset. The property is literally on the beach which is super convenient (some nice places in Roatan, you still have to walk down to the beach). The balconies are nice, with ceiling fans and comfortable table and chairs. The beds are comfortable. The rooms have ceiling fans and large sliding glass doors/windows and good kitchen and eating space. The ice maker in the fridge was a plus! You can also drink the chilled filtered water out of the fridge dispenser; therefore, you don't have to buy bottled water. (The tap water on Roatan is not safe to drink for tourists). There is also a coffee maker, toaster, and blender in the kitchen. Now, what we didn't like: There were a lot of kids, and if you have kids it's probably a good place for you. We like solitude and quite frankly go on beach vacations for just that reason. Having a bunch of yelling kids (and parents) around is not our idea of relaxing. Oh, and there is a huge floating play thing that gets put in the water everyday for kids to play on (not owned by Infinity Bay and there is a fee to use it) so the view of the ocean and coral at the end of the beach is blocked. While you typically don't have trouble finding an available beach chair in the slow season (I don't know about high season), the beach chairs are crammed in on a small beach. Again, if you don't mind lounging right next to some 19 year-olds glued to their cell phones or playing loud music on their portable iPod speakers, or a family with 3 kids, then you won't be bothered by this. AGAIN, we understand a lot of beach resorts are like this and are not knocking the Infinity Bay for it. I'm just relaying our recent experience. The service at the bar was unbelievably terrible! The servers that walk around are very friendly, but forget about trying to get a drink at the bar. We did not eat at the restaurant so I can't vouch for the food. The rooms had no bath mat, we had to put a clean towel on the floor; however, we always had plenty of towels (occasionally no wash clothes or hand towels, but no biggie). We paid extra (too much if you ask me) for the pool/partial ocean view. And while it was definitely a pool view, if you want an ocean view don't pay extra for it. With the exception of the 2 villas at the very front of the property it seems that there aren't really any ocean view rooms on the property. You can walk out into the water from the beach and do some incredible snorkeling, but the beach is also public so you can do this from anywhere you stay, but this is another one of the conveniences of Infinity Bay. Oh, and the breakfast buffet is great. No complaints there. All in all, it's a nice place, but for the price I just assume stay somewhere else (see my reviews of West Bay Lodge and Rumors).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NoKidsNoWorries
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was our second time to come to Roatan in the past few years. We stayed at the Mayan Princess before but the beds were too hard and we checkout out infinity bay while we were on island and decided that when we returned we'd stay here. So that's how we got here now about the stay. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. There were a few problems that we encountered and they were all handled quickly (air condition didn't work in our room the night we arrived and the safe in our room was not secured to the wall). The only disappointment for me was that we didn't have an ocean view so if you want this make sure you get the right type of room. Last time we were here there was no restaurant but there was this time and the food was good. Pizza was great after a long day of diving. We DID NOT use the dive shop here they were flakey when we were setting up dives so we dove with Mayan Divers just a few doors down. If you eat breakfast in the mornings at the lobby the wait staff is not that attentive but once you know that its all good and you can move on. The beach here is nice but it does get crowed on cruise ship days. Water taxies are easy to catch is you want to go to Half Moon Bay or West End. The pool is nice and big and gets crowed too in the afternoons and it can be hard to get a drink at the pool bar. If you can rent a room directly through an owner the cost is a bit cheaper so keep that in mind. There are lots of families here so if you are looking for a couples get away this might be a little less than ideal.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AggieVixen
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Once you arrive at Infinity Bay you are greeted with friendly staff that are more than happy to assist you with any needs or questions you may have. Our group had our luggage lost and the employees at Infinity Bay were so helpful in trying to find it for us (which is more than I can say for Delta). Luckily there are shops close by for us to pick up what we needed to enjoy all that Roatan had to offer while our luggage was being delivered. The snorkeling is extraordinary and some of the best is right in front of the resort in crystal clear water and an amazing reef. There is plenty to do whether it be to lay on the beach and relax or go zip lining through the jungle. There is something to do for everyone. We've already decided we will be going back again to enjoy this beautiful resort.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank PghDustin
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2014

In june we spent ten days at Infinity Bay with my husband, son and my mom. It
was so relaxing to spend more than a week (our typical vacation) at such a nice
place. I wish there was a tripadvisor for moms! She came along to keep it a
family vacation and watch Brit so we could spend some alone time together! The
food was awesome and there were some nice specials everyday. Tue rooms were
quite spacious - we had a two bedroom with a pull out sofa-bed. It was perfect -
even though it was building 8 near the back of the resort it was only a two
minute walk to the beach. The beach vendors could be a bit annoying but security
seemed to be on top of it. We would come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Paradise Beach Hotel
Paradise Beach Hotel
#5 of 14 in West Bay
Seagrape Plantation Resort

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!