“Great little B&B”
Review of Overcliff Lodge

Overcliff Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Mundesley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We have just visited Mundesley for a wedding and booked into Overcliff Lodge. It is a great place to stay, comfortable beds and the most amazing breakfast on offer. Incredibly clean and modern looking. My in laws stayed in a local hotel and it was certainly not as good a quality as Overcliff. I would highly recommend a stay here and if ever travel that way again I would book in. We booked a double and a twin room for our two children. We were opposite each other and felt completely comfortable there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DormorFamily
Overclifflodge, Owner at Overcliff Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for the great review, good to hear the room layouts worked for you and your children.
Kind Regards Dave and Lena

Reviewed 15 April 2014

A lovely little b and b where you are really cared for. Homemade blueberry scones and tea when checking in and a very clean room. The room was quite small but plenty for one night and only had a shower but that's because I booked last minute. Delightful breakfast with amazing croissants. As a veggie I got my own platter of quorn "meat". I have never had such a thoughtful breakfast!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you Caroline, very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us . Kind Regards Dave and Lena

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Easily the nicest place I have ever stayed at (be it hotel or bed and breakfast). The staff were lovely and very accommodating. I rang the day before to check if there was any possibility of me arriving early so I could get changed for the wedding I was attending. No one was in my room the night before so I was told that I could arrive whenever I wanted to as it would be ready for me. On arrival I was met at the door and shown to my room which was excellent. Only a single room but it was a nice size with a good size ensuite shower room. Everything I could have wanted was available in the room or on request including a little information pack with details about the breakfast and surrounding area. They also have free wifi and the password is in the information pack. The bed was comfy and as well as a room key you also get a front door key so you can come and go as you please. The breakfast the next morning was impressive in quality and range. There is a big dining table full of continental options (bread, meat, cheese, fruit, cereal, juice, crossiants, etc) as well as the option of a cooked breakfast and a pot of tea or cafetiere of coffee. It is only about a 5-10 minute walk down to the beach at Mundesley and there is a tesco express just across the road. You pay on departure by cash or card and they ask that you are out of your room by 10am that morning. I wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy more breakfasts! I will definitely recommend Overcliffe lodge to everyone I know.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for the excellent informative review. We really appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience.Kind Regards Dave and Lena

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Excellent all round. Welcomed with blueberry scones and tea! Room comfortable if slightly small. Lots of hot water, comfortable beds. Breakfast was everything anyone could want - fruit, including raspberries, cheeses, smoked salmon. Better breakfast than most 5* hotels in the UK.

Room Tip: We were at the front and heard nothing!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in room 3. Hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards Dave and Lena

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Excellent little B & B, immaculately clean throughout, very warm welcome on arrival and ideally located for visiting attractions along Norfolk Coast. Breakfast is amazing, not only for choice, but the full English is outstanding. The room we stayed in, Puffin, was well equipped and spotlessly clean, the jacuzzi bath is a must. Less than 10 minute walk away is The Ship Inn which is recommended for evening meal or even lunch, food was great and very friendly service.
We will definitely be coming back to both very very soon. Thank you Dave and Lena for a wonderful stay, see you soon xx

Room Tip: We have only tried the Puffin room, has a jacuzzi bath,
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Doug for giving us such a good review, very much appreciated. Best Wishes Dave and Lena

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed for only 1 night but very pleased with accomodation. The rooms are very clean, comfortable beds and modern bathroom. There is free WiFi available, you politely asked to donate to the Mundsley lifeboat. The breakfast is excellent, choice of normal cereals or fresh fruit and the cooked breafast is made to order. I would fully recommend staying to anybody and will certainly go back. 5 Stars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Overclifflodge, Owner at Overcliff Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello Marjorie, thank you for the great review.We try and raise money for the Mundesley Lifeboat selling greetings cards and wi-fi contributions.Hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards Dave and Lena.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our second visit to Mundesley and we went to the Overcliff Lodge because of the reviews on here. What a welcome, a home baked apple sponge with lashings of cream!! Our room was very comfortable but on the small side. The breakfast was the best we have ever had. A huge table laden with fresh fruit, smoothies, croissants, fresh bread, boiled eggs with prawns, smoked salmon, cheese and of course the usual cereals followed by a full English. Unbelievable choices.
Comfy lounge with tv too. I would highly recommend Overcliff

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Overclifflodge, Owner at Overcliff Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for the great review. Lena was trying out the apple sponge on you instead of the usual scones.Best wishes from both us.