Hotel Prategiano - Maremma Toscana
US$1,238
TripAdvisor
Pian Dei Mucini Resort(Massa Marittima)
US$85
US$82
  • Pool
Hotel Girifalco(Massa Marittima)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$68
  • Pool
La Fenice Park Hotel(Massa Marittima)
US$158
US$149
Hotel Il Sole(Massa Marittima)
US$85
US$82
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
Hotel Duca del Mare(Massa Marittima)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$71
US$109
US$106
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewshorseback ridingthe riverget awaydining roommain aimlovely placesummer holidaylocal villagework hardwould love to go backspent four nightshappy memoriestop gunbeautiful countryfriendly horsesmade us feelpicnic
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed at Prategiano for a week this summer. Our daughter and my niece (10 and 12 years old) went horseback riding all day long, my husband and I made several unbelievably beautiful walks (the trails start right at the hotel) and further more we were very busy with relaxing, as Prategiono is made for that... We met the girls at the daily picnic at the lovely places that Andrea and his crew know very well to find. We stayed in the spacious family room, which is simple but meeting all your needs. The food in the restaurant is amazing, the staff very friendly. In short: we will definitely go back to Prategiano next year!

Room Tip: For familys the family room with two bedrooms and a living is perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wanda B
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The wife and I stayed here for a week as part of a mini tour of italy for our honeymoon. We were not disappointed and were sad to leave for a 5* in Rome!!!

It is worth noting that Hotel Prategiano is exactly what it looks like and does exactly what it says on the tin: A rustic, family ran, countryside retreat set in some of the most splendid surroundings. If you are expecting the Ritz then please do not apply, as if you are fussy, you will always be so.

After the long drive from Venice we descended into the hills and after soaking up the epic scenery and beautiful hilltop medieval villages, we would have been disappointed if Hotel Prategiano had been any different.

We were initially booked for 5 half day rides, but we ended up doing the full day 'river ride,' which included a camp fire style barbacue and picnic lunch. We reccommend that you give this full day a go.

The riding was flexible and was booked by an informal chat in the evening with the guide, Andrea, who was always full of humour and easygoing. They generally cater for all riders and can tailor the ride to suit, with plenty of opportunties for a canter. If you are not into horse riding, the area is a haven for ramblers/hikers, mountain bikers and quad bike enthusiasts. It is also nice to have the option to chill out by the pool or in the jaccuzzi, which always goes down well after a day in the saddle.

The whole beauty of this location is that you are surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery and medieval, hilltop villages, the nearest being a 10 minute walk into Montieri. Be mindful that whilst most at the hotel speak excellent english, the locals have never really had a need to, so you may need to brush up on a few Italian phrases! To make the most of this location, I suggest that you consider hiring a car, as we did. The beach at Follonica or Punt Ala is only 40 mins away, Siena the same and Florence and Pisa approximately 1 hour 30 mins.

The food on the whole was very good, comprising of basic rustic dishes and tradtional dishes for the region to roast beef and mash. I could not fault it, although we did break it up a little by eating out on various evenings.

The rooms were basic, but clean and cumfortable, and in general keeping of the surroundings. On the whole the staff were always helpful or at hand to fix a drink or snack. Brando whips up a good spritzer or cocktail.

To conclude we enjoyed every minute of our stay at Hotel Prategiano, and look forward to having the opportunity to revisit on our anniversaries for years to come.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian O
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My Girlfriend and I love to horse ride and road bike. The hotel and area in general is superb for both activities, The Hotel is simply amazing, it feels like a large chalet. The staff were funny and welcoming and to be honest it felt like we had made friends rather than been waited on or just another customer. They could not do enough to accommodate us. You wanna ride? Ride, you wanna chill? chill, easy. Most notably I have to say the food was incredible.. Everyday we were treated to the most delicious traditional foods from the region. Lots of wild deer, wild rabbit and of course wild boar which is prevelent in the area we found out. Being British it was so refreshing to be surrounded by other nationalities rather than our own. We felt totally at easy. I actually proposed to my girlfriend on an all day horse ride. The luch was again more than we had bargained for, the Italians love to eat and be together. Such a memorable experience. If you road bike the roads are infinity better than any in England and you cannot take a bad photo of the views and vistas. Every village is beautiful. After 4 hours riding around the hills the hot tub was more than welcome! I would go back tommorow and my girlfriend is planning the honeymoon

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheDukeofKent
Reviewed 30 June 2011

As a family, we stayed at Hotel Prategiano for 4 days. If you like the outdoors at your own pace, then this is for you!. The horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking or just sitting by the pool, all are great in this wonderful countryside. The food and the staff were excellent!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

A little worried about the fact that I booked a hotel especially advertised for horse back riders I arrived at the hotel.
Arrived at Refugio Prategiano the magnificant view and a drink at the hotel bar (a place perfect for coffees in the mornings as well as a drink after dinner) immediately compensates for the one and a half hour drive from Florence.
Even though traveling alone I never felt alone without anybody ever behaving intrusively. It is definately a place to relax and to enjoy, doesn't matter whether if its over an amazing lunch or a swim at the nicely located outdoor pool.
The room i had was although very basic always clean and equipped with everything needed (table to work, big bed, plasma tv ...). Overall the beauty of the place together with the service and the staff (always helpful and obviously enjoying what they do) made me immediately feel at home!
That I am not particularly interested in horse back riding was not in any way disturbing my stay in the hotel - staying there though if you ride must be even better because you could experience the magnificent maremma landscape on the back of a horse!
Overall I can warmly recommend a stay at ref. Prategiano to both horse back riders and just people who need a relaxing time!

• Stayed: June 2011