“Location makes up for older hotel”
Review of Dizin 1st Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chalus
Dizin 1st Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chalus
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The skiing in Dizin is amazing, but there is really only one hotel to choose from on the hill. The rooms are a good size, clean, but very dated. There is one restaurant in the hotel, which serves a decent breakfast (not included in hotel price) and for lunch and dinner there is a small salad buffet as well as a menu basic meat and rice combinations. The food is fine not great, I recommend eating lunch on the hill at the mid mountain lodge. The hotel will also change money but at a much lower rate ( approx 10% less) than you can get in Tehran, so change prior to arriving to the hill. With that said the skiing is worth it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nikimcCanada

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We drove up to Dizin on a Saturday in December. Beautiful sunny day and no traffic along the way. The drive from Tehran took 3 hrs.

We stayed in Hotel#1. Old but recently renovated and definitely clean and comfortable.
The reception was friendly, we got to learn about all options and chose a Suite (two inter-connected rooms) on the third floor looking right into the slopes. Beautiful view!

The rooms were spacious, plenty of storage space and balcony with seating outside. The bed and linen were comfortable, clean and new. The bathroom was also spacious, shower had great pressure and no hot water issues. There is an assortment of toiletteries and towels.

There is free Wi- Fi with great speed. This was indeed a great suprise :)

We had breakfast buffet at the hotel, as well as dinner. We also had some snacks in the lobby.Quality was consistently good.

Service is provided by seasoned servers who are all nice and experienced.

The ski experience was just great. We ended up extended our stay. The only point of improvement would be the lifts and cabins which are old but well-maintained.
We also rented equipment from the complex, relatively inexpensive. The equipment was average but reliable.
Overall we were pleasantly surprised with the experience and shall return with few more friends who are visiting the region.

Room Tip: Stay in Hotel 1 and ask for the Slope view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AryanaToronto
Reviewed 26 December 2012

This hotel is best for dedicated skiers. It's minutes from the base station, so you don't lose any time travelling to the slopes. It's also easy to pop back for lunch or if you need to change clothing etc. There is also a room by reception for you skis/ snowboard. The rental shops are just across the car park. So again easy to swap if you are not happy. The hotel though is very dated by global standards, and sadly the maintenance is neglected. The lift has out of order sign, which looks permanent. My room was on the first floor, which had a nice balcony (albeit with broken and missing tiles) and view over the ski fields. You can check the weather and slopes accordingly. The room was spacious, warm, had a deep bath and plenty of hot water. No CNN or al jazera on the old CRT TV. Also, they seem to have reverted back to dodgy keys. Having said that, I usually lock valuables in my case anyway and I certainly did not feel unsafe in the room. The breakfast is acceptable buffet style, not for coffee lovers though, as it's the Nescafé sachet. None of the hot drinks on the menu like hot chocolate were available. The evening meal is passable, chicken/meat kebabs, certainly not up to city standard and mountain prices to boot. Also don't change USD here, as the offered me a paltry rate. I believe rooms about USD 50 per night, allow USD 10 for dinner. The Internet was reliable and surprisingly fast. You get a slip of paper with user name and password. I didn't pay, but I think normally, it's a few bucks (based on upload/downloads). Don't come here expecting luxury, but I believe it's the best around. ( rates based on USD/30,000 rials) enjoy the snow instead.

Room Tip: First floor overlooking ski slopes
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2012

the hotel is so close to the ski resort and you can reach the lift cabin by 1 min walking, even you can watch it from the rooms.
everything is just average there, including service, price, food and staff. so you shouldnt expect a great stay there.
even you can stay there at summer time and enjoy good wethear, silence and summer discount!

Room Tip: try room with ski resort view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I booked this hotel as the location is great.1 minute walk from the lift ticket office.
The staff at the hotel were unfriendly and the service was awful.Rooms were clean and we had a nice view of the slopes.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank amandajane03
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I as a tour operator in Iran /Tehran www.iranski.com had seen these comments for Dizin hotels and lake of services...few minutes ago i had a long conversation with Dizin hotel manager about this comments..first of all so sorry AS A TOUR OPERATOR IN iRAN........i sent hm these negative article as a representation person for solving as he can...he was very nice and really listen to my word that most of them were mentioned in this website...he promised and said that for my next clients that i will book(also for all people)he does the best and solve all mentioned problem he rally was writing all comments and try to show me that is very care about such things.....we all hope that everything be good for next skier in this resorts...Fahi

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank FahiBadi
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed here for 1 night however we had planed to stay there more . I took the card key from reception then I made mistake , instead of room 212 , I enter 214 , I'd find room not serviced . call to reception and I found this not correct room so Why I could open this room . Then I told to reception and he said they gave me the master card (maid card) , they said "we trust on you and give a master card" . I surprised then I checked again . I could open All room . they give master card to all guests . My wife could not sleep and she had nightmare .
The room was smelly . Shower was broken so I had to took it with hand and took shower . That night so boring . there is nothing to do . TV not Tune .
We left there tomorrow and never came back there .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Amir Z

Been to Dizin 1st Hotel? Share your experiences!