“Average food, Expensive prices”

Spago Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #19 of 41 Restaurants in Holetown
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of 3 locations in St James, this restaurant is located in the heart of historic Holetown; 2nd Street comes to life at night especially at weekends.
Washington, United Kingdom
“Average food, Expensive prices”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Went to Spago, Holetown last night - we had planned to eat ay Mullins but they weren't serving food so we headed into Holetown. We had spotted Spago last week and decided to give it a go. The restaurant was empty when we arrived so I thought we would be served quickly - not the case. The meals were Ok, There was no Lasagne so I had Parmesan crusted chicken - it was Ok. My 11 yr old loved his Margherita Pizza any My husband's garlic roast pork was again Ok, but was a few slices of pork in garlic butter. The starter of garlic bread was miniscule and we would have ordered 2 if we had known. We decided against dessert and when we got the bill saw they had added the 17.5% tax again to the bill along with 10% service charge - we should have queried this but just wanted to go as it was hot and we were getting bitten !!! Just average no more :(

• Visited August 2014

“Beyond my expectations ”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The restaurant may not be pleasing to some when you arrive as it's a bit small, but what they may lack in ambience they surpass your expectation with service, the staff is absolutely amazing and the food is no different, there isn't much I can say about the restaurant beyond its a cozy, dim lighten restaurant with spectacular service service and food, I will be returning for sure.

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Reliable”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I like to class Barbados restaurants into 4 'divisions'. The Cliff is in the top division, on its own. then you have Tides, Cin Cin et al in the 2nd. 3rd division are the cheaper but high quality ones, such as Daphnes, Cariba, Beach House and finally cheaper still, everyday restaurants, which is where I would place Spago along with Mews, Elbow Room, and others.

Spago food is the type you really crave after 3 or 4 nights of very opulent dining. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal here. The pizzas are fully loaded. Seafood pastas are fresh, well cooked, Risottos are creamy and service is very friendly. The lovely waitress was happy for me to order off the menu to cater for my pretty weird tastes. Prices are reasonable too. At $12 for a fabulous pizza, what's not to like. Great for kids too.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank RobbyJBridlington
Glendale, New York
“Good Food right in Holetown!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had dinner her twice and the food is very good here! Loved it!
I had the same dish both times that I went to this rest. Shrimp with Linguini. Try it, you won't be diappointed

• Visited July 2014
Denver, CO
“Great food - service can be off”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We always eat here when we come to Barbados. They have a fantastic carbonara pasta and their pizza is always good. The one negative is the service can be bad. There is one waitress who is always rude - the rest of the staff was very friendly.

Visited August 2014