Mango Bay All Inclusive
US$219
US$213
  • Pool
Coral Reef Club(Holetown)(Great Value!)
US$490
US$462
The Sandpiper(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$505
US$462
Divi Heritage(Saint James Parish)
US$101
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$338
  • Breakfast included
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
US$529
US$423
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
US$911
US$618
No availability for your dates from our partners
Royal Westmoreland(Saint James Parish)
1,687 results
All reviewssuperior roomglass bottom boatlunch and dinnercatamaran tripsmall hotelwater skiingrum punchthe penthousefree catamarancold towelsa la cartewaitress servicebar staffocean frontevening entertainmentstreet partyour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2012

20th May 2012

My husband and I spent 1 week here on our honeymoon before flying to St.Lucia for a further 10 nights. The journey from the airport to the hotel wasn't too bad and when we checked in the reception staff were lovely. We had rum punch and were shown to our room (Deluxe I think on the 1st floor overlooking the pool). It had a bigger balcony and bathroom than most.

We loved the food and it was nice that it was booked in for a specific time as it felt more like a 'proper' restaurant than an all inclusive free for all. At time, I asked for alternatives and they were always happy to assist. All of the staff were lovely, in particular the Hotel Manager. Some restaurant staff could do with a smile more often though (at times!)

We took advantage of all free trips - catamaran cruise, snorkelling, swimming with turtles, glass bottom boat, hobie cat sailing, water ski-ing most days, kayaking and scuba briefing in the pool. One night we went to Oistins Fish Fry which was a great experience - very loud, busy and lively! We had the spiced Marlin and Mahi Mahi.

Overall the stay was great, lots of sun loungers (I think the hotel was only at about 60% capacity when we were there), good shopping and cocktails over the road at Lime Grove, we went to the karaoke/piano bar next to the hotel and walked around the local area which was perfectly safe.

Room Tip: Choose one on a higher floor (either overlooking the beach or pool) i.e. the cheaper ones will be on the ground floor (not as private) or near the road and you will get some noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ElisabethW1905
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband & I decided to take our son & daughter to Barbados as they were 21 and 18 this year. We love the island and thought they should visit as a special treat for their birthdays.
It was our first trip to this hotel but it will not be our last (hopefully). The whole experience was way above our expectations. The hotel location is good, excellent pool and beach, everywhere was spotlessly clean. The food was plentiful and very good. The staff were so very obliging, nothing was too much trouble, they were fantastic. Everyone was so dedicated to ensuring that the guests enjoyed their stay, from the housekeeping staff to the manager. I just want to single out some staff members although to be fair everyone was brilliant.. If you decide to try waterskiing Tyronne is a man of very few words but when he talks to you listen, he is brilliant, has unbelievable patience and taught our children to ski without any fuss whatsoever. We cannot thank him enough, every time they managed to get up he gave them more tips and by the end of our stay they were so confident and loving every minute of their time with him. Michelle in the restaurant was such a laugh and nothing was ever too much trouble. Peter from the bar was so attentive and always so very courteous. If you want to know anything ask 'Magic Michael' he would always check that everything was O.K. and remind us of all the different water sports available etc.
We would have no qualms in recommending this hotel. The owner and management should be proud of their staff and the service they provide.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank karen2hopes
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Travelled to Barbados from Manchester, Had a fantastic week on Thomson Dream and then had another fantastic week at the Mango Bay Hotel in Holetown, Barbados.

There were three of us, all female and when we arrived at the hotel we were greeted very warmly be the Manageress and staff. Whilst we were checking in we were given cool drinks and as we were early we were taken to the bar where we given rum punches. (A very favourable start to the holiday).

The setting was beautiful, A lovely triple pool, surrounded by vegetation, and a few yards away the sea with waves gently lapping the shore.

After a short while we were taken to our room on the first floor. It was very spacious in spite of having an extra bed in it, with a large bathroom and a balcony overlooking the pool and if we looked to the right we could just see the sea.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and whatever we wanted they tried, and mainly did get for us.

The atmosphere is very relaxing and laid back and one of my friends who can never sit still managed to relax in this paradise.

It was the 8th April 2012 when we visited and the weather had started to break up, we only had one rainy day, but the sea was unsettled for about three days making it unsafe for bathing. I would book earlier next time.

The food was very good. there was always something to suit, but if not the staff would try to find something that you liked.

Two of us were badly bitten whilst we were there, but this was because we were sat out at night watching the shows and we were sat near the grass and trees. Keep away from these at night!!
Also take plenty of insect sprays and cream with you.

Room Tip: Make sure when booking that the room is on the south side. Ask for room overlooking pool and not near the road as this can be noisy at week-end.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank satisfiedguest7
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed at Mango Bay in June 2012 with my Nana. I have been many times before to Barbados but it was Nanas first time. Mango Bay is the best place by far that I have ever stayed in Barbados.
We were greated on arrival by the reception staff who organised cool wet towel and a choice of drink. Then we had a short show round of the hotel facilities.
The food was out of this world mixture between local and traditional UK food, the chef was always happy to prepare something to your taste, also mixing and matching dishes that were on the menu, (thank you chef for my blue steak at the BBQ it was lush).
The bar staff where do I start, Rondel for putting up with me, all my drink requests and making me some amazing cocktails, Dwayne for taking such good care of Nana she really appreciated it, Maureen for just being you, Peter for delivering our drinks to the poolside, Dennis and Franscois are also great bar tenders.
Reception staff were always on hand to help and make sure our stay was perfect, thank you Hermione for arranging dates with old friends on the island it meant so much.
Sherienne the hotel manager is a diamond, great asset to the company and made sure Nana was comfortable during here stay and even personally took her to the doctors in her time of need.
Housekeeping staff made sure the room was made up perfect twice a day (once in a morning and at turndown).
Thank you also to the resort tour guide who organised a small tour to suit my nana and her needs, and also took her out personally instead of sending one of his staff mambers (lovely personal touch).
The water sports which are included were great just to get of the resort complex, glass bottom boat and cataman are a must both trips are great experiences, scuba diving in the pool built my confidence up, I didnt go and do the extra ship wreck tour but now I wish I had (another excuss to come back).
My other grandparents are due to come out in October - and I know they will be really looked after at this resort.
Already planning my next trip to Barbados with my sister next year - I WILL DEFINATLEY BE STAYING AT MANGO BAY.
Thanks again to everyone, you made our stay perfect in every way possible, I look forward to seeing the new resort video (thanks gor letting me be a film star for a day).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank emma h
Reviewed 4 July 2012

As this is our second time we thought we'd set out the review in short sections aiming to be helpful to others:

1-Check in:
Very friendly, offered rum punch while we filled out the forms (always a good start)
2-Room:
Deluxe room 4th floor with lovely views of the ocean, pool, resort as well as inland as we were higher up than our first stay which was on the 2nd floor. We really recommend a deluxe room as it has a nicer bathroom, fridge and great views if you have the 4th floor
3-Beach:
So much criticism on trip advisor re this. I think it's misplaced - the beach is small but perfectly big enough for sunbathing, snorkelling, chilling etc. not great if you have kids needing lots of beach space but to have the sea so close is a big plus for us.
4-Food/drink:
This is easy - it's very high standard, Michelin star? No, but not a million miles off and far better than average restos out and about.
5-Staff:
Generally sincere very friendly service. One or two folk who appeared to be saying the right things such as a 'you're welcome' in return for every 'thank you' but some seemed a bit moody, not a big deal though. One young slight larger girl (sorry but without a name it's the best I can do) was a delight, always cheery and laughing.
6-Resort management:
Fantastic - very sincere, interested and 'gives a damn' far more than any other resort manager I've ever seen. She (Shirene) takes a proactive and keen interest in guests' experience and tries to uncover and solve problems. Really does go the extra mile as she taxi'd us to the local doc when my wife had a funny turn - all good though after a day or two.
7-Entertainment:
All in all very good but some days the music was a little on the dated side and could benefit from taking a leaf out of other days' book regarding being a bit 'younger' and more lively.
8-Recommendation:
Ask the restaurant to make you a packed lunch on one of the days when the lunch menu doesn't look as interesting as others (it always varies so is good for all but sometimes the buffet style isn't as good as the table service - two days a week from memory). Walk up the beach (right out of the sea side of the resort) for about half a mile and have a picnic on the beach - its lovely.
9-shopping:
Jewellery can be a good deal at diamonds international at the west coast mall...this, combined with the beach can combine to form a very romantic evening where we got 're-engaged' after 12 yrs of marriage. We plan to return in a couple of years for a blessing on the beach :-)

Problems:
1-Folk who reserve sun loungers by pool and on beach - hotel staff claim this doesn't happen but it does and it's very frustrating when staff walk past when they can see this happening; they're very very good at pointing out it shouldn't be done though. So, here's a messag to the staff to say please tackle the problem!

2-Ocean view rooms:
We changed for the last two nights of our stay to an ocean view room on the ground floor. Thus was very welcome as it was a freebie upgrade due to us being return guests and it was my birthday, But it was inferior to the deluxe room we'd moved from (decor was dated, tiny bath, old shower and smelled like pepper sauce!). I'd resent paying an extra $75 a night for the ocean front room based on this experience. I'd therefore recommend booking a deluxe, then, if you're upgraded, you can 'downgrade' back to a deluxe if you're unhappy.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple