Mango Bay All Inclusive
US$198
  • Pool
The Sandpiper(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$505
US$462
Divi Heritage(Saint James Parish)
US$101
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa All Inclusive(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$339
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
US$529
US$484
Fairmont Royal Pavilion(Porters)(Great Value!)
US$562
US$471
Fairmont.com
Coral Reef Club(Holetown)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Royal Westmoreland(Saint James Parish)
1,706 results
All reviewssuperior roomglass bottom boatlunch and dinnercatamaran tripsmall hotelwater skiingrum punchthe penthousefree catamarancold towelsa la cartewaitress servicebar staffocean frontevening entertainmentstreet partyour honeymoon
Reviewed 17 February 2008

Fantasic hotel set right on the beach and great location in holetown.The food was fantasic and the rooms spacious and clean. The staff were really freindly and the bar staff jonathan and anthaun kept the cocktails and drinks flowing.Holetown has a few shops restaurants and bars the piano bar is a must where you may see some celebraties !!!The hotel offers free water sports including water skiing which has to be booked once there.The complimentary catamarian is a must where you will get to swim with the turtles and the rum punch is great!! The jeep safari is a good day out. The only disappointment was the virgin saturday nite tour and the mosquitos. We went on a 40th birthday tour as we were all at school together and decided many years ago that we would all go away together when we reached that ripe old age. This was far and beyond our expections and meeting lots of nice people along the way was a bonus malcolm and helen, john and jen and ernestine to mention a few.
Thank you to all for the time of our lives

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 11 February 2008

If you want pounding music, drinking competitions and chips with everything, this is not the hotel for you! We found it classy, understated and stylish, and the service from the staff is fantastic - friendly and welcoming, but not fawning. We loved the food, and the wine at mealtimes was really good ( better than we have had in the Caribbean before). The trips are well worth it. Do not expect wild nightlife - an attempt at a limbo competition struggled to get going, possibly because of the number of replacement hips among the clientele(!), but if you just want to chill out and escape the stresses of life, we can't think of a better place to do it. If you walk south along the beach, you finish up by Sandy Lane...we enjoyed the thought that we were getting a quality experience for much less cash, and without the A-listers. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2008
11  Thank cazjas
Reviewed 10 February 2008

This was my 6th stay at Mango Bay, the previous visit being in February 2005 with my mother and 3 month old son. I returned with my sister for a 8 night stay from Jan 30 - Feb 7, wondering if things were still as great as I remembered. My mother had very kindly "volunteered" to look after the now 3 year old son plus his 2 year old brother as well as keeping an eye on my non-sun loving husband....
Well we weren't disappointed! After an initial worry when it became clear that the BA travel agent had not forwarded our request for a twin-bedded ground floor room to the hotel, Valery on reception soon sorted matters out and our room was fantastic - right next to the pool, clean, very comfortable beds etc. I guess I'll phone to re-check before I go next time but I had never had this problem before and have always travelled with BA asking for the same superior room and beds etc

The food is wonderful as usual with portions designed to feed you but not leave you bloated and it actually tastes of what it's supposed to be, unlike a couple of other places I've stayed at in Barbados which commanded higher prices!

We never had an issue with sun loungers which I know has been a talking point for some reviewers and were fortunate in that the sea calmed down for the majority of our trip. Typically it was like a blue millpond on the day we left! The free catamaran trip was great although we didn't stop to swim with the turtles as the skipper said the sea was too murky following the choppy seas. However it still looked great to us, coming from Essex/Glasgow......

The hotel has free internet access which is good for online checking and emails etc and there is also a new Beauty spa where we had massages,manicures, pedicures etc ...again we are Essex girls....Joy-Ann and Shanelle were great. They've also changed the beach towel system from 2005 so that you're provided with clean beach towels in your room the night before (they remove the old ones) when they come in to turn down your bed and put a little chocolate on your pillow! Much better than hanging around in the morning waiting for the laundry service to bring fresh towels to the watersports "hut".

We visited the Barbados Wildlife reserve (got to go back with the kids!), Farley Hill (where Island in the Sun was filmed), Bathsheba, St Nicholas Abbey (now coming back to life and altogether a much slicker operation following a change in ownership) and we did a jeep safari (my 6th but I love it!) which took us up to the Chalky Mount potteries, Gun Hill Signal Station, the east coast and through cane fields. We were also able to go to the St James Church Harvest Garden Party - great stalls, loads of people (locals and tourists), the Royal Barbados Police Band and,spotted enjoying a cup of tea while watching the band, Sir Cliff Richard himself! Another more energetic highlight was horseriding through Holetown down and around Sandy Lane and on the beach with Steve Downie. Steve is a bit of a character and you ride without hard hats but I've never had a problem and my non-riding sister managed to survive with no falls. I can't actually feel my legs at the moment but that's probably due to the lengthy interval between this ride and my last!

The end of the trip came around far too quickly and we were very sad to be going home but I'm definitely returning next year, the only question being whether I take my kids with me or leave them to the tender mercies of their father....On our last day I saw a number of fellow Mango Bay "repeaters" and we discussed who was staying, who had been staying and who was due to fly in - it really is that kind of place, bit like seeing distant relatives at Christmas!

Couple of other points - you don't have to pay the $25 BDS departure tax at the airport when you go home - I was told it's been added to the cost of your trip elsewhere. Also MB have a voluntary charge of (I think) $4BDS per room per night as a kind of eco tax - have lost the invoice so I'm a bit hazy on this and I think it's common to all hotels not just MB

• Stayed: February 2008
12  Thank mummyofaandw
Reviewed 5 February 2008

My wife and I stayed in Mango Bay for one week at end of January. We had a fantastic time which was fortunate as I'd booked this as a surprise birthday present and used tripadvisor to select the hotel.
This is first time we've stayed on west coast and the location is excellent. We had paid the extra for a ocean view (there are c16 rooms with ocean views, while the there are around 32 superior which look out on to pool/bar area with rest of room standard at back of hotel. Our room was paradise. The only problem was the noise of the sea - and it was surprisingly noisey for this time of year. We did hear of some fellow guests complain about noise at weekends in the standard rooms which are at back of hotel away from the beach and adjacent to local bars/nightclubs!
Service is extremely good - very clean rooms and general maintainance of hotel cannot be faulted. Food is extremely good - but don't go to an AI hotel if you're on a diet! High quality and tasty food, very good variety and well presented. Breakfast - you can eat as much as you want and good variety. Lunches varied from three course lunch to buffet. Cocktails as much as you want and wine (chilean. French and USA) was fine for us. Bar staff v friendly - ask for a mama mia. You just can't go hungry at this place.
Beach is fine - its narrow along this bit of coast (except a 15 min walk to Sandy Lane Beach which is much wider) but adequate. We only used pool occasionally and for our scuba trial - we'er converted. What we didn't expect in January was so much rain - and rough seas. On three days no water skiing which is what we wanted. But other days fine and we had the boat to ourselves - give our regards to Peter. Beach is only a 5 min walk to the Folkstone Marine Park - we had our own snorkel kit with us but easy to borrow from the hotel. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have any windsurfers. This is second year running when January has been wettish and unsettled. The beach shelves quite steeply and waves crash onto shore when its rough - but don't let this put you off. We usually stay on south coast where there's surf all the time - we love the Bougainvillea Beach resort - my last write up was July 06
Other residents mainly elderly and almost no children at this time of year - quiet and peaceful and a real bunch of friendly people (c75% are British). A younger crowed moved in towards the week-end with three weddings planned for the following week.
Holetown has a few shops but hay, you dont' to to Barbados to do your shopping but enough to keep my wife busy on those cloudy/rainy days. Good events laid on by hotel at no extra cost as set out on their website - worth doing.
Hotel v accommodating re late check out and as we'd eaten out at the Cliff (this doesn't come cheap) we even had dinner the final evening before leaving for airport at 8.00pm.
Barbados is a wonderful island and we'll be back. Certainly recommend Mango Bay but would recommend superior room and if you can afford it the Ocean View.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Prospector1
Reviewed 31 January 2008

We stayed at Mango Bay at the end of Jan 2008 for 6 days.

We stayed in a standard room over-looking the street which was faultless. Providing the air con is on then its not too noisy from the street.

The other reviews give great details on what the hotel offers which are really accurate and honest – in short, its ALL great !

The staff are excellent at this hotel, their attitude is “The answer is yes, now what was the question ?“

I think that this says it all and it really does apply from Shireen (spelling ?) the hotel manager, Josea the reservations manager and all of their teams.

This hotel is so good, that I have booked my 50th party there in June for 21 guests – nuff said !

A special thank you to Josea for her assistance in helping arrange our June event.

We cant wait to get back in June and PARTY …!!!

Stayed: January 2008