A friend and I had a lovely time and met some wonderful people, both staff and hotel guests. The hotel is quaint and intimate with a number of great things on offer but is perhaps not for everyone. It is especially not suited to those looking for a younger scene or anyone looking for space and variety - there is only one restaurant which seems to cater heavily for British visitors.
1. Friendly and bubbly staff
2. Water sports and catamaran trips are included in the cost
- Very safe to walk around
- Close to great restaurants ( The Cliff / Tides / House / Cin Cin)
- Bars and clubs are within earshot (see Cons also)
- Mall directly opposite the hotel. Great for designer junkies looking for a deal
- Walking distance to Sandy Lane Beach
- Restaurant has ocean views
The travel agents and hotel need to ensure that guests are fully aware in advance of booking (there is a 100% cancellation fee) that:
1. Beaches along the west coast have suffered from erosion. Technically Mango Bay is still a beach front hotel but there is very little beach left. It's unlikely that you could get a sun-lounger down on the sand without it being swept out to sea. Carlisle Bay and The Crane were described as idyllic beaches by the other hotel guests who decided to venture out during the day
2. Standard rooms are subjected to very loud, thumping music until the early hours every Sunday night. This is due to the hotel's close proximity to the karaoke bar on the adjacent street. Moving us to another room took almost two days due to there being a bank holiday - everything seems to come to a standstill on a bank holiday. That said we were upgraded to a superior room for the remainder of our stay at no additional cost
The staff at Mango Bay are charismatic and certainly added a great deal to our stay. Overall we had a fantastic holiday. The turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea are stunning. It's difficult not to have fun when the sun is out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mango Bay Barbados is ideal for those seeking the convenience of an ALL-INCLUSIVE beach vacation combined with the personal and friendly service of a small resort. It enjoys a sought-after beachfront setting in St. James, on the famous west coast of Barbados.There are restaurants, bars, boutiques and cinema just steps away from Mango Bay in lively Holetown, including the brand new, upscale, LIMEGROVE LIFESTYLE CENTRE across the road from the resort. Mango Bay is approximately a 45 minute drive from the airport, and a 25-minute drive south of the hotel takes you to the capital Bridgetown. Mango Bay definitely gives you added value for an all inclusive hotel- included is a complimentary two-hour catamaran cruise to see the turtles, waterskiing & a glass bottom boat ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Expedia, Ebookers, Travelbag, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mango Bay All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Bay Hotel Holetown
- Mango Bay Barbados
- Mango Bay Saint James
- Barbados Bay Mango
- Mango Bay Hotel Barbados
- Mango Bay All Inclusive Barbados/Holetown