We liked the hotel and the setting. The maintenance was very up and down, especially when we arrived. Our room overlooked the beach and was fine for swimming and snorkelling. The food left a lot to be desired, however. It was very repetitive and overcooked, not as much choice as one would have liked either, though the staff were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique hotel situated on St James Beach, the Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Located on the fashionable West coast, days at this resort are centred around the beach and the pool, the upscale Limegrove shopping mall and nightlife on Holetown's first street a short walk away. The resort is all-inclusive and family friendly, popular with couples also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, West Indies, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Discovery Bay by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Bay By Rex Hotel Saint James
- Discovery Bay Barbados
- Discovery Bay Hotel Barbados
- Discovery Bay By Rex Resorts Barbados/Holetown