The hotel rooms were a good standard. Clean and large. The food was good, and our friend with a real eating allergy had no problem. The Chef made sure he knew what he could eat at all meals. Plenty of choice for him, and most food was ok for him. The staff were friendly, the cocktails first class.
The beds around the pool the best I have experienced, however the beds on the beach were not good.
The extra for a sea view was expensive but in the main we were glad we had gone for it. However I did not hear anyone complain about the rooms. There was one incident of safe theft that was a concern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique hotel situated on St James Beach, the Discovery Bay consists of charming plantation-style houses set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Located on the fashionable West coast, days at this resort are centred around the beach and the pool, the upscale Limegrove shopping mall and nightlife on Holetown's first street a short walk away. The resort is all-inclusive and family friendly, popular with couples also. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Discovery Bay by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Bay By Rex Hotel Saint James
- Discovery Bay Barbados
- Discovery Bay Hotel Barbados
- Discovery Bay By Rex Resorts Barbados/Holetown