“Mediocre Food, Surly Service”
Review of Indigo

Indigo
Ranked #27 of 43 Restaurants in Holetown
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open every day for lunch and 2 evenings a week. mixture of Caribbean/Western food.
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The restaurant is on the 2nd floor above shops, and has a nice plantation-cool feel, with its fans and shutters.

However, its view is of junky yards, the service is deplorable, and our food was so-so.

Sadly, I would opt to eat at one of the street-side vendors before choosing Indigo again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We happened upon this restaurant/cafe after disliking the look of flindt. Nearly missed the stairs and ended up in someone's office,but were very pleasantly surprised by the restaurant. It's airy and clean and big. The service was great, we were asked for our order quickly 'because we have a big table at the back and you'll be waiting otherwise'. Food is a mixture of Caribbean and British pub food and very tasty. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank NevilleTJ
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Food in Barbados is expensive. Since you are going to spend a lot of money eating wherever you go I figure you should spend your money wisely. This is not a wise choice. We both got very simple breakfasts. It's not that they were bad per se, but they just weren't that good either. There were a few things that really rubbed me the wrong way though. I ordered a tea for $5, as a pot of tea was $7. Since when is it that you order tea and do not automatically get a pot? The ketchup, brown sauce and jam (?) we're served in ramekins. I can't imagine that anyone ever eats 1/4 cup of ketchup with dinner so I have to assume these are reused. They refilled the coffee from a lime scaled, home coffee pot. The service was also less than enthusiastic. The vibe I was left with is that this is a pet project of an expat that is popular with tourists who are afraid of eating local food.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I ate here on Valentines Day and a flower was given to all the women which was a special touch. There were candles and flowers on the tables. The soup was delicious and the flying fish and salads were excellent (lovely fresh salad). The staff were courteous and it is located almost opposite Lime Grove next to Gayes Boutique in Indigo Courtyard.Holetown. It enjoys open jalousie wooden shutters and mahogany wooden floors and is cooled by the tradewinds. There is a nice bar area if you just wish to drink. The owners were very friendly and informative about the island. All in all I would thoroughly recommend Cafe Indigo and it is good value for money...!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

This restaurant is open for evening meals only on Tuesday and Thursday, but open for lunch on the other days. We usually order the special, and it always pleases. Very pleasant quiet atmosphere, and friendly service.