“Great place, great location, excellent value”
other travellers have booked this property
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Fabulous beach just across the road from Mangoes. A 2 minute walk will bring you here. Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
(Hubby and I had to climb on neighbour's roof to get this shot!)
Relax in sun or shade in our large, beautiful garden.
Spend time at the pool - situated beach side it's also only 2 minutes walk away.
Entry is free.
Generous verandah - dine, relax, entertain - comfy seating for 11 people here.
Living room, sets of french doors lead to veranda and 'al fresco' dining room
Mangoes, formal dining room,  wrought iron arches allow a pleasant breeze
Smart kitchen, well equipped with appliances, crockery, cutlery, pots, pans etc.
Master bedroom - this bed is 2 mtrs wide (78 inches).
Master bedroom dressing table & wardrobes. There's a big safe inside the wardrobe.
Master bathroom. Now en-suite to the Master bedroom.
Queen/Twin - a large, comfy bed
Queen bedroom, dressing table, wardrobes and entrance to new en suite bathroom
En suite bathroom to the Queen/Twin bedroom.
Here we have the Queen/Twin room dressed for occupation by only one person
Triple bedroom, dressed as double plus single. Private bathroom.
The triple bedded room - for up to 3 persons. Dressed as three single beds.
The veranda overlooks our big, lush, tropical gardens.
Dining table + 6 chairs, suite seats 4, mamasan lounge chair.
Standard lamp + ceiling fans.
Gazebo and barbecue.
The back gate leads on to the green - just across the road is the sea - 2 mins!
At night the garden is magical. With pretty fairy lights and the joyous calls of the tree frogs.
Beautiful sunset, one of many, from Beach House
Beach House (the beach club) is a great place to have your 'sundowner' cocktail & absorb the beauty.
Chattel shops, delightful goods of high quality, 2 minutes walk from Mangoes
Beautiful 'Bottom Bay' - everybody's dream Caribbean beach - except this is the Atlantic coast!
North Point - wild Atlantic cliffs
Bathsheba, also the wild Atlantic. Surfing championships held here.
More of Bathsheba - see how the rocks are undercut by the sea.
North Point - exhilarating to say the least!
Find your way from North Point - helpful direction sign-post
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviewed 21 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
21 Nov 2013
Thanks for this very complimentary review and factual snippets - always useful for future guests.

I'm glad you had a great time; just reading what you've written makes me realise how much I wish I could be going for a Mangoes-break myself right now.

Don't forget to contact us in the future if you'd like another visit, you'll be very welcome indeed.

Bruce_McG
Vancouver, Canada
“Exactly as advertised....beautiful private villa across the street from the ocean...excellent”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Simply lively private villa, all the comforts of home. AC in each bedroom so us northerner's can sleep. Lucille comes every few days to clean up. Close to shops, groceries, restaurants. Private club is a nice touch if you want to lay out without the sun. Will definitely stay here again when in Barbados.

Value Location
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
30 Jun 2013
Hello there,
If you don't mind, I'd like to add to this by pasting on the unexpected and unsolicited comments you wrote to me privately .....

"Hello,
Just wanted to send a quick note. My family & I stayed at your place with *** ******** last week.
It was just lovely. All the comforts of home, close to everything. And being across the street from the beach and the club's pool made it perfect.
Thank you so much, we would recommend the place without reservation."

I was particularly delighted to receive this AND the review from you - all the more because we'd had no previous communication as my work was all through your lead party *** as above.

A response like yours really gives my husband an I a boost and makes us feel that all our efforts to keep up the standards at Mangoes are worth while.

Thanks so much - we'd love to welcome you back in the future.
Toronto
Reviewed 7 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

7 Jun 2013
Hi there,
Thanks for this compact and very positive review.
We do get a lot of repeat guests and we find we have a new problem ..... we're beginning to question when we'll be able to stay at Mangoes ourselves - the calendar is filling for 2014 already!

That aside, we'd be happy to have you two amongst our regulars, so hurry back!

Cheerio, Cath and Ian
Lancashire,England
Reviewed 5 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
5 May 2013
Hi there,
I must thank you for this lovely review.
Many thanks for my personal compliment - I do try to help guests with queries before their holiday and it's nice to hear that it makes people feel comfortable and at home right away.
Thanks too for your kind words about our staff; they are truly a Godsend.
The garden was probably what made me fall in love with Mangoes when I first saw it, some 10 years ago. It has taken a long time to nurture and coax it into shape and we still have further to go.
I enjoy gardening myself and do a bit of snipping, tying up and planting when I can (I'm not much good at digging unfortunately! Need bigger muscles!)
I hope you will be able to return to Mangoes, we and the staff would all love to have you back.
Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2013 for a stay in January 2013

A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
8 Apr 2013
Thanks so much. I'm so happy to hear when people love Mangoes because I love it so much myself! For me it is the most relaxing place in the world.
I'm very glad you'll be returning, I enjoyed our regular communications by email and you will be most welcome.
I hope the weather at home is bearable for you after your balmy 3 months in Barbados.

UK
Reviewed 2 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
2 Sep 2012
Hi Tracy and Nigel,

Hi again - writing a post script now (April 2013) just to let you know that we DO now have Wifi and I'm glad to say that it works a dream! We've had no problems with it at all.

Thanks - very nice review.
Glad you liked Mangoes so much and had a great time and we look forward to having you back very soon!
Private Wifi is a bullet we haven't bitten yet. We fight a little shy of it as the last "technical installation" we had was the multi-choice TV which, due to Barbados' propensity for a bit of "manyana, manyana", took almost a year of complications to sort out. Difficult when we are 4,000 miles away in England most of the year. Wifi will happen.
At the same time, Barbados' wonderful laid-back approach to life makes it such a great place to relax totally on holiday - and it sounds and looks, from the photos, as if that's exactly what you did!
Well, that's what it's all about, isn't it?
Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 30 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

30 Jul 2012
Hi Allyson,
Well, Mangoes is booking very well ahead into 2013, but somehow, I'm sure we'll find a space for you!
So glad you enjoyed it all - you love it for all the same reasons as we do.
Thanks for this very positive and detailed review, we look forward to hearing from you ..... as soon as you like!
Cheerio, Cath.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$1,383
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing