“A fun evening”

Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
“A fun evening”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I am delighted to report that my girlfriend and I had an excellent meal this evening at Sea Cat.

Warmly welcomed upon arrival by Andrew, he explained the catch of the day and gave some recommendations.

The settling is gloriously informal, making a pleasant change from many of the rather stifling 'fine dining' ambiances elsewhere on the island.

We shared the mixed ceviche, panko fried prawns and okra to start with, all of which were delightful. These we followed with the catch of the day which was swordfish. It's succulence and tenderness were remarkable, and the optional sweet potato chips were also excellent. I normally detest coleslaw, but I found myself enjoying the one at Sea Cat!

Although we didn't have room for deserts this time, we plan to come again soon and sample them.

The rum punch is glorious.

Laughlan & Caroline

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing tasty fish. Slightly slow service.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This place is definitely worth a visit for a casual meal. All the fish we had was excellent and very reasonably priced for the west coast area.

The service was 'bajan style'. Rather slow. We chatted to the staff whilst we waited though and the wait for food was diluted by chatting the evening away.

We would definitely return for the fish and the chat.

Visited July 2014
Warrington, UK
“Didn't meet my expectations”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we were very keen to try out this restaurant.

The setting is fine and relaxed/casual - just as we like it, However, we found the food pretty average having tried out other local (and cheaper) places on the island. Also, we had to query the bill as we were charged full price for a starter portion of prawns for our son. We queried this and the restaurant did rectify this after some discussion,

Sadly it just didn't live up to the excellent ratings and reviews on Tripadvisor..

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank l0uise123
new york
“like coming home”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Took my husband to Barbados as a fathers day gift for 4 nights. I asked our cab driver to recommend a spot where locals go. " Seacat", he said. It was within walking distance from our hotel so we dropped by. Outstanding!!! I mean everything we ordered was super fresh and delicious. We ordered the fried okra and flounder bites as an appetizer. Soooo good. Their Seacat rum punch is by far the best on the island. We ended up returning the next night for dinner which, considering our hotel had several great restaurants on site , say it all. The staff and lovely owner make you feel as if your a relative they love and have not seen in years. We love you guys!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank pmgjoni
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Sea food heaven”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Been on the island for 10 days and so relieved to find the restaurant open and the owner back from holiday. Owner and staff so friendly, food freshly cooked and absolutely delicious. Loved the place, going back on Friday 18th July for dinner and I can't wait.

• Visited July 2014