“Good Eating”

Ciao Bella
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: An adorable boutique Pizzeria and Pastaria, that serves brunch, lunch and dinner Mediterranean style. Gourmet Pizza is at the heart of the menu, with a myriad of Pastas, healthy, fresh salads and grilled dishes. Here the Pizza is baked in an authentic Clay Oven with a creative slate of gourmet toppings, baked wood-fired artisan breads and roasted foods. Take-out or dine in. The menu ranges from $6 US and up, making Ciao Bella our favourite house for Italian and Mediterranean foods at Limegrove Lifestyle Center in Holetown, St. James.
Clinton, Maryland
“Good Eating”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We travel around the world and this adorable restaurant is a find. Whenever we travel to the island, we go for a meal and each time we go it is consistently good.

Sometimes we wonder about what we read here because it is far from the truth. The pizza is the best we've had and the entrees are of fine restaurant quality, without the fine-dining price.

I wouldn't be surprised if a competitive food operator got these people to fake their bad reviews. There are 10 restaurants in this center all vying for the same bone. Well, I happily give mine to Ciao Bella.

Don't believe everything you read on this site, if you do, you won't go anywhere.

Essex
“Friendly staff, average food and service”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited Ciao Bella for dinner and the location and atmosphere was lovely. The staff were friendly and our order was taken quickly. They didn't have one of the things we ordered but that wasn't a problem as the menu was varied and there were other things we wanted. Our drinks were brought out quickly and the food was out in a good time too.

Unfortunately the food was a bit of a let down. My husband had the linguini with meatballs, which tasted ok but was quite salty and rich. Also, we noticed that the last of the meatballs was pink in the middle so he couldn't eat it. We're not sure if the others were the same but here's hoping that they were cooked properly!

I had a pizza, which was ok but had a lot of herbs on it, which kind of overpowered the flavour. It was also cooked unevenly so some of the edges and bottom were quite burnt. We shared some garlic bread, which was ok but also cooked unevenly and burnt on one side. The garlic was very strong and the herbs on it were again quite overpowering.

We weren't offered dessert or a second drink. As soon as our plates had been cleared we were presented with the bill and that was that.

Overall, it's unlikely I'd return here.

Visited August 2014
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“Best Salmon on the island!! No kidding!!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

As a business traveler, I always look for the “locals favorite” restaurants where I can unwind, enjoy a glass of wine and delicious meal before retiring to my hotel room. This small but lovely café/restaurant is nestled on the first floor of the beautiful Limegrove Lifestyle Center on the west coast of Barbados. I am happy to report that Ciao Bella did not disappoint! My favorite was the salmon!! So good in fact, I ordered it several nights in one week. Healthy, high quality food cooked to perfection! The wait staff was over the top friendly and helpful. All in all, a fantastic experience. There are several dining options at this tropical “mall” so if you are lucky enough to be in Barbados, do not miss this gem of a restaurant, you won’t be disappointed! .

London
“Delicious looking menu.......Shame about the food.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Perhaps we should have been wary when we noticed that my party of six were the only ones in the restaurant which is located right next door to Lemon Grass (which we love) which was packed.out. Firstly let me confirm that our server, Dylan, could not have been more pleasant and efficient in his serving. However, that was the only pleasant part of our dining experience here. We ordered Buffalo mozzarella salad, Small potatotos with Bolognese sauce and Mashed avocado with cumin as a dip. The buffalo mozzarella tasted as though it was produced in a from a cardboard factory and took forever to arrive. The potatoes were less than lukewarm (it was confirmed to us that indeed they should've been served hot) and the avocado which was meant to be in Morrocan style not only tasted awful but one needed a magnifying glass in terms of the portion. We sent it back. We then ordered a couple of pizzas that sincerely were less than average. I ordered a seafood pasta that I was assured would be made with fresh lobster but certainly it did not taste fresh. All of the hot food was served on called plates for which Dylan the server apologised for and "thanked me for the tip" which may indicate that perhaps he didn't realise that hot food should be served on hot plates. This is not a restaurant that I would be inclined to go back to. None of us enjoyed it. Further, the chefs in the kitchen looks bored with a very lackadaisical attitude. It has to be said that this is a restaurant that sincerely hope to be much better than it is notwithstanding it must be paying a very large rent indeed as it is located in the prestigious Lime Grove complex. It has to be said that I am somewhat interested in the response (if any) of the owner to this review not least that I noticed in a previous"Management Response" the owner went somewhat off subject proudly explaining that her staff are all university trained and that one of them was indeed a "Barbados scholar" which must obviously mean that the food and service it's better than other restaurants where the staff have not been to university or have a Barbados scholar on board….. If these wonderful academics are the way forward then personally I'm happy to stick to staff who left school at 16!

1 Thank JeffeyS
Barbados
“waste of money and time,no customer sevice”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

getting straight to the point,they need to hire people with good customer service,clearly these people are taking there problems to work,how can you pay $6 for a coke when your not even getting the bottle?all they do is full up a glass with ice then give you the end of another person drink KMT..$14 for a smoothie that doesnt even have real fruits in it and taste like piss!! WORST TASTING PIZZZA EVER!!!! the workers have too much attitude, FOR THE MONEY YOU GUYS CHARGING HIRE STAFFS WITH COMMON SENSE THAT HAS MANNERS PRIMARILY THE SLIM BROWN SKIN GIRL..... AND ON TOP OF IT THESE PEOPLE CHARGING 10% FOR SERVICE WHICH IT CLEARLY NEVER GOT

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank regina c
truthseekerbarbados, General Manager at Ciao Bella, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Regina C,
It is with great humility that I write to apologize to you for the circumstances that prevented you from having a great experience at Ciao Bella. When claims such as this are presented, we take them very seriously and conduct a full investigation. Our due diligence is complete.
Our customer service staff are educated at University level, one of which is a Barbados scholar.
I am sorry you feel so negatively about most aspects of your experience and wished you might have addressed these issues on site so that we can verify the credibility of all your complaints and endeavor to make good on your valued feelings.
I encourage you to present yourself in full identity and to choose a live forum to express your concerns rather than a virtual forum where fact, fraud and truth may not be legally ascertained.
We pride ourselves in pursuit of full disclosure, absolute truth with full measures of goodness, one customer at a time. I may be reached at 432-6633 or 228-5534 if you choose to contact me in person.
Yours Sincerely,