“Very tasty food, one of our favourite places to eat Italian”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chobham, United Kingdom
“Very tasty food, one of our favourite places to eat Italian”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We've visited Barbados many times. On each visit we make a point of eating at this specific Spago restaurant at least once per trip. The restaurant is tucked away behind Settlers Cove hotel. It's perfectly located, on the beach and outdoor. The food in my opinion is very very good, ranking high in my personal list of favourite italian restaurants. My personal favourite is their Spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and chillies. The pizzas and salads are also excellent. It's also very good value. I'd recommend for couples or families with relatively grown up kids. Try it early on during your vacation, you will most likely visit again before you leave.

• Visited June 2014

Tadcaster, United Kingdom
“Romeo Romeo where for art thou?”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

So I thought to myself when the waitress announced there was no Tomato and Onion Salad or Tomato and Mozzarella starter because they hadn't got any tomatoes that dinner was going to be a disaster. I mean tomato is an Italian staple right? So how do you run an Italian sans tomato? As it happens they did it brilliantly! We have had a few top notch dressed up nights in the swanky restaurants and frankly I just craved some good simple Italian food and that's exactly what you get. I had the best pizza ever outside of Italy and a fantastico bottle of Prosecco to wash it down with. You have to try the Crespelle dessert papery thin Italian pancakes... I was a complete pig and ordered them with homemade icecream. Raspberry and Mango... and the title of this revue? Romeo is the chef and he was in the kitchen but came out for a little chat a the end of the evening. Yes he is Italian which explains everything! ( By the way Miss Cilla Black is a regular... surprise surprise! )

• Visited May 2014
Dumfriesshire Scotland
“Decent Food in Superb Setting”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having eaten at the sister restaurant in Second St, Holetown, we decided to give this one a try. Excellent Pizza and Pasta Carbonara. Went back for lunch as food was good and great value for money. Enjoy Ocean Side dining in superb location at a fraction of the cost of other Ocean Side Restaurants. Food is not high end gourmet but does not pretend to be. It is well presented and service friendly and efficient.

• Visited May 2014
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Spago for vegans/vegetarians”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

If you are a vegan or vegetarian and you love Italian food, Spago is the place to go. Vegans would be happy to know that you can get pizza with no cheese(Marinara) that is simply delicious. One of my favorites. Tomato soup so yummy you will savor every spoonful. That's how it was for me. I also love the variety of salads & pasta dishes. So much to choose from. As a vegetarian I was very delighted. Needless to say, whenever I go to Spago I am thoroughly satisfied. I have been to the restaurants in Holetown and Settlers, and my experience at both was very good. I happily recommend Spago.

• Visited January 2014
“Go For The Pizza”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have eaten at this restaurant several times over the years. Started out as a regular dinner restaurant on the sea, Italian, and everything was terrific. Then last year my husband and I took guests there and waited over an hour for our dinner which was average at best...as was the service. This year we were there 2 times for lunch, both times we went only for the pizza. They have developed a recipe for pizza that is there with the best pizza I have eaten anywhere. The crust is very thin, think flatbread, and a huge variety of toppings. The service is still very average at best but you are sitting almost on the beach so that's great. Sadly this restaurant is closing this spring as the property is being redeveloped but we also ate at the Spago in Holetown and very much the same thing, minus the beach, could be said.

• Visited February 2014