“Great restaurant ”

Price range: US$1 - US$100
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Very good service in a beautiful setting and the food was great too. Very well presented dishes. Excellent wine list clearly selected by a wine lover.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

It was a last minute booking, so we did wonder if we would get a seat at the back of the restaurant…but no!! The staff are fabulous. really as good as it gets, without being over the top and in your face. I had both specials, the Canadian mussels were OK if a little small but the sauce was super, creamy and fantastic and plentiful. I commented on the size of the mussels and the waiter apologised and did actually pass my comment to chef. Silly me for thinking they;d be big and juicy as there's not an R in the month, I should no better, having cooked more mussels than most when I had the pub! The lobster tail was absolutely delicious that I had for main course. Edward had lobster risotto to start which was delicious..I tried it! He then had Duck which was OK but not memorable. We don't do puddings, so sorry can't comment.
Overall I'd definitely go back the atmosphere was great, exceptionally clean, staff were fantastic, and the meal was generally super.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Tides is one of the great restaurant experiences. Location is stunning, the food fantastic and varied. However the staff are what raise this from being excellent to stunning. We have been four times over the last four years and every time we have been treated so well. Some restaurants tend to treat 'ordinary punters' in an offhand way but Tides makes you feel important and valued. The fact that the chef and owner made time to check that we enjoyed our evening says it all really. If you want a truly memorable evening in Barbados then you must go to Tides.

1  Thank DavidHepplewhite
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Tides used to be one of our favorite restaurants in the world. We hadn't been for a long time and found that it is still very good. The valet parking is a nice touch, the room is lovely, the location I great and the staff are very good but the food didn't blow us away like it did a few years ago. Perhaps we've been spoiled by too many Michelin starred restaurants but it does seem to have lost it's sparkle. That said, we wouldn't hesitate to go back again and probably will.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our 3rd visit to Tides and I left a little disappointed. We had booked a table some time ago and we got what we asked for-a table adjacent to the sea and we were seated promptly with menus. However it was almost 10 minutes before we saw anyone. Then like a London bus, 2 turned up.(one a trainee). When it did come, the wine was placed tantalisingly just out of reach which was shame because refills were very slow. We thought the food was good but not spectacular and the service perked up a bit ( after the poor start). Highlight (did I really say that?) wasn't the celebratory firework (I was celebrating my retirement) but the appearance on a large black beetle that was clinging to my wife's desert spoon. It was safely removed with a brief enquiry as to whether anyone had been stung. No one had so that's all right then isn't it?

No, not a brilliant evening. we expected better than this and and, these prices it should have been