Steenhuyse
Koekamer(Hainaut Province)
  • Breakfast included
La Sabliere(Kluisbergen-Ruien)
View Hotel
All reviewsopen planbeautiful hotelthe owneryogurttoiletmiddletubbreakfastcheese
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2011

we stayed one night here on a friday evening - we can recommend this B&B, very large rooms and nice view to the town center-very good breakfast!!

nice design - we missed a bit space for the cloth hangers- minor problem.

to do;

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jozeftt
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Steenhuyse for 7 nights recently, and every night was perfect. The house is perfectly located in the city (you can either walk or take a bus from the train station), and you are right in the heart of the city. If you are lucky enough to get a room that faces the square (like I did) there are these huge windows and sills you can just sit at and watch the world go by as you winddown from your day. The breakfast was outstanding! I was particularly fond of the soft boiled egg's I started to have, but the most impressive was the French Press Coffee each morning! Reit & Rolf have certainly found their passion; and the rest of the staff is excellent too. And I can't say enough about the comfort of the bed!!! I slept like a baby every night!
Thank you so much for a wonderful vacation; and I hope to visit again to try out out the Beer and Slow Coffee Bar!!! I know it will be a success!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Wow, this hotel really surprised me. I was concerned that it would be too far removed from all of the Belgium sites that I wanted to visit. I didn't need to worry - the hotel is a 10 minute walk to the train station, and trains run regularly from Oudenaarde to Bruges, Ghent, Brussels and pretty much anywhere you want to go. The hotel itself is the most beautiful I have ever stayed in - a centuries old building, completely modernized inside, and when I opened the curtains to the floor-to-ceiling windows I was awed at the view of a beautiful old cathedral right across the street. The breakfast buffet was absolutely perfect! Loved it here!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Very stylish guesthouse to celebrate our 25 years of marriage with nice spacy rooms and a nice vieuw at the beautiful market of Oudenaarde. We stayed there for 3 days in the middle of 'de Ronde van Vlaanderen'. Especially the breakfast was a real delight! Just one remark : The hosts were friendly but not more than that; We missed a little bit a warm heart in this stylish renovated ancient house. Too much 'businessminded'.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARNAHalle
Reviewed 8 July 2008

This is a very large, beautifully restored ancient house in the market square of Oudenaarde. The owners are very welcoming and helpful. Rooms are huge and very stylish, with lovely views over church and square to front, or garden to rear. Interesting mix of contemporary design with white, minimal, clean period interior. Owners are clearly very proud of the place and this is reflected in their attitude and the attention to detail everywhere. Excellent varied buffet breakfast in beautiful sunny room. If you want to nitpick, you would ask for some storage space in the room, but that's about it. All in all a 5 star experience, and very good value too.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)