“Fantastic meal, excellent service”
Review of Joplins Restaurant

Joplins Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Great Ayton
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Fantastic food, excellent service, we are never disappointed, whoever we take with us for a meal are always impressed and ask to go again when they visit. They always have a full fish menu as well as a great none fish menu, so we always have a excellent choice. We love fish and don't think we have been to any restaurant that cooks fish as well as they do. Highly recommend this whatever the occasion.

2  Thank BUFBOS234

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Had a lovely meal here last night with some friends. Not a cheap affair - £230 for the four of us but it did include 2 bottles of wine, some whisky after, 3 courses each and coffees. Food fresh, tasty - maybe not the best of fine dining we had but not pretentious, menu is simple and self-explanatory. Great place if you like fish - thats all that was on special board. If you are a meat lover, this may not be a place for you. Service was excellent, very attentive and personal. The atmosphere is lovely, just a gorgeous small county restaurant, candles, very romantic. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My Wife and I have been going to this restaurant on a regular basis for the past fifteen years. The food is consistently of a high standard and the menu has something to suit everyone particularly the specials board which has amazing fish starters and main courses. There is a good choice of wine, however we recommend the house wines which are of good quality and very reasonably priced.

Martin and Gill the owners and staff are the consummate hosts to make the dining experience very special. Whether you want an intimate evening or just want to dine with friends this restaurant is for you. Highly recommended.
Kevin & Lynne

2  Thank kevin B
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Excellent food, drink and atmosphere. Very attentive staff. Strongly recommend this restaurant for a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have been visiting Joplins quite regularly over the past few years and for the first time have decided to write about this brilliant restaurant on TripAdvisor. It amazed me to see shandy29's comments because if ever a review is so far from the point that one was. My wife and I were looking for a restaurant that was not too far from where we live but at the same time away from the hustle and bustle of the restaurants you find in the main towns. We had driven past Joplins on quite a few occasions and decided to try it out a few years ago. When we went in the first thing that you noticed was the compact layout and the small bar area where you are able to have a drink whilst selecting from a varied menu, but what really caught your eye was the fish menu on the chalk board, this was the Oasis, something that you didn't expect to find. When we were ready to order Martin read through the fish menu and you knew that if you were a fish lover this was for you. The food is wonderful but the fish, cooked by Martin, is superb. My wife who at the time was not a great fish lover, the merest hint of a bone and that was it, meal over, has been converted and now regularly has the fish. Jill, Martins wife, is always on hand to assist and this couples devotion to their restaurant is there for all to see. I have recommended Joplins to many of my friends and they all agreed that it is one of the finest, if not the finest, restaurant in the area and this is proven by the number of times that they return. Whenever I have family visiting they always want to go to Joplins and we always get a very warm and friendly greeting when we arrive, it is a must visit, it is "A Fish Oasis"

1  Thank Brianking3249