“Coffee break”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A superb coffee shop with great tasting coffee, cake and superb service. Easy to park at the front and there is an outdoor seating area if the weather is good.

There are newer reviews for Stamps Coffee Shop

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Ordered rarebit, it was inedible, spongy white bread saturated in sickly white sauce, my mother had another version of this and unfortunately it was also too sickly to eat. The lattes were very weak but ok for those who want very milky coffee. I mentioned the poor food to the staff after my mother had left, and whilst they were concerned we had not enjoyed the food, the correct course of action would be to refund the cost. Instead they said we could have something on the house next time, I'm afraid I won't be returning. I've had the scones before and they were delicious.

3  Thank nictan
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Climbed to the top if roseberry topping with a 5 & 7 yr old. Absolutely shattered and covered in mud I promised them a lovely cake as a reward but didn't have a clue where to go. Ended up in stamps coffee shop, and so pleased we did. We all loved it and got just what we fancied. I had a delicious panini, 5 yr old had spag Bol, 7 yr old had a cheese and ham toastie. All were delicious and staff were lovely too. We ended with choc fudge cake, lemon cake and a fruit scone. Would recommend all of it. One of the staff even made a point of coming over to say how well behaved the kids were, which made them feel very welcome and proud of themselves.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My friend and I visited Great Ayton yesterday, it really is a lovely village. We then decided to pop into Stamps for a just a coffee before moving on to Stokesley. That was before the lady on the next table was served with bacon sandwiches made with ciabatta rolls. They looked lovely so we ordered them and were not disappointed. They kept us going until 6pm last night! lovely coffee too. We will be back

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Staff extremely friendly, polite and well mannered. Warm inside and comfortable. Clean and tidy.Just arrived from Roseberry Topping and this was just perfect for a tasty bite. Just make sure you are in the door before the ovens go off which is about 4pm as you will not be lucky enough to receive their amazing apple crumble. I had omlette and chips and the omlette was very tasty and my friend had stamps tasty potato skins filled with cheese and bacon. I am fussy about potato skins when i go out but i took one look at hers and also managed to taste some and then wished i had chosen those as well.