“Great Parmo & that's all”
Review of The Buck Hotel

The Buck Hotel
Ranked #11 of 14 Restaurants in Great Ayton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Service was slow and so many options on food and drink menus unavailable. I had the parmo which was incredible but it wasn't enough to make up for the overall experience.

1  Thank PrideInService

Reviewed 26 April 2014

All I asked for was for a pint of water and asked that they run the tap for a while so I didn't get another glass of warm water. I was refused as they were On a water meter'! I ended up going to the toilets to get a nice cold glass of water and running up her water bill by maybe another two pence. Surely their recent price increase could cover that!
On this occasion the abrupt treatment by Lisa, the manageress totally spoiled the meal and I regret putting the £40.35 over the counter for three somewhat greasy and heavily overpriced parmos.
Scabbed grilled cheese usually indicates cheap nasty salty cheese and that's what we got here. It's a shame this once fine establishment appears to be going down the pan. Until recently it used to get my highest recommendations. I won't be darkening it's doorstep again and they will have to struggle some more to pay their water bill.

3  Thank Slugbabydotcom
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I thought i would give this place another try as the last time it was terrible, however a friend told me that its usually nice. Big greasy plate, scruffy decor and rude staff. AVOID !

4  Thank Arronhonzik
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I used to love this place as a child hence why I was so disappointed with the place. £3.40 for a chip butty cheapest item on the menu! The place needs a good clean and a re-furb. Shame as location is beautiful. The pub was empty too. Sorry but £25.00 for chips and jacket potatoes & chips for 4 pretty steep

2  Thank A V
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Visited The Buck early evening with my wife, baby son and mother-in-law...and I wasn't impressed!

The pub lacks any atmosphere and could really do with a little TLC. It's in a lovely location right on the river running through the village and does very well in the summer month...but the food is very average and expensive for what it is.

3 main meals and 3 rounds of drink totalled £75 which really doesn't offer good value.

On the plus side the staff are very friendly and efficient!!!

It's convenient in the village for a leisurely pint but nothing more...

2  Thank Darrell W