“The spot to sit and watch the view in Moulay Idriss”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scorpion House

Scorpion House
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Cuisines: Moroccan, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Private house overlooking the Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss with far reaching views to the ruined Roman city of Volubilis. Open everyday with prior reservation for exclusive dining experience. Fresh and modern Moroccan inspired food and drinks. Produce sourced from the souk and our kitchen garden.
Melbourne, Australia
“The spot to sit and watch the view in Moulay Idriss”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We popped in today after following the green signs up to Scorpion House.
We were only after a couple of drinks and a look at the "panoramic view", and got chatting with the manager. Scorpion House is only newly opened, and owned by the same people as Cafe Clock in Fes.
We didn't eat, but the menu sounds tasty at a reasonable price.
Lovely setting and lovely staff.
Best of luck Scorpion House!

Visited June 2011

manchester
“An awesome place to go... the views are so so amazing”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This place is a must! I am not sure I can describe just how amazing it is to sit on the terrace at Scorpion House. Right in front of you is the view panoramic of the hill top Moulay Idriss and to the left are mountains! I sat with my food and mint tea and watched the sunset over the city, while listening to the call to prayer. So, so magical to feel part of Moulay Idriss and relax.

The menu has a large selection that I could have chosen just about anything from and I understand that it is sourced from the local market. What I liked about the menu was that there was a number of dishes that are usually just made in a moroccan home and I hadn't seen in the 'usual' tourist restaurant. And they have spiced coffee - YUMMY!

I warn you, this is the place that you won't want to leave once you get there. Moulay Idriss itself is a gem as it is away from the tourist crowds and you hang out alongside the locals and then Scorpion House is the place to be.

It is on the way up to the view panoramic and I asked a local guide to direct me.

• Visited June 2011
Bordeaux, France
“Who says good food and a good view can't be found in one place?!”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Serene location, incredible view and a beautiful laid-back setting - Scorpion House is what has been missing from our visits to Moulay Idriss. Add to that, great food and friendly service and they have the whole package. We'll be back - thank you!

• Visited June 2011