Faltom Hotel & Spa
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolbusy roadbowling alleyfruitrecommend this hotelbusiness tripbreadeggstrain stationminutes by carnice hotelfamily friendly hotelhotel is situatedbig hotelstayed here for one nightcomfortable bedfun activities
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I can consider this hotel for excellent if I will talk about very nice, big and comfortable rooms, good restaurant and also friendly staff. And very nice spa facilities, of course. I will even evaluate this hotel by 5 starts from this point of view. Disadvantage of this hotel is its location, surroundings isn´t very attractive. I used this hotel for business reason, but I can easily imagine to spend here some shorter holidays with my family.
This hotel was for me a big positive surprise.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed here for a week, taking a whole package of spa treatments. We really liked this place and can fully recommend it.

There are 3 parts to it: the hotel itself, public aquapark, and private spa. The hotel is quite big but well designed. It is generally a leisure hotel, considerably busier in the weekends than during the week, and typical guests are either young couples who come here for weekend spa retreats or families who come here for the aquapark, although we also saw a few business travelers. Rooms are spacious and well equipped, with good sized TV and free WiFi. Hotel has some shared facilities including fitness club (with several cardio machines), bar, restaurant, a squash court, and a playing area for children. But the best thing was service: everyone was incredibly helpful and really taking efforts to make our stay as pleasant as possible. For example, my wife had very strict dietary requirements and the chef agreed to cook special meals for her, while in some other hotels we stayed they would just say "sorry, nothing we can do about it".

However, location of this hotel is rather unusual; it is conveniently located in the suburbs of Gdynia (20 minutes by car, probably about as much by train) but surprisingly placed between a busy road on the front, a railway track at the back, and next to a large DIY store. Definitely not a location for romantic walks but this didn't bother us, especially not in February. Noise from the street was not bothersome but for the most comfortable stay ask for a room overlooking the back.

The aquapark consists of a reasonably-sized swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi, water slides and a steam bath, surrounded by some other fun activities (fitness club, bowling arena, pool tables). Access is free for hotel guests but the aquapark also caters to local residents so it tends to get crowded throughout the day. But we found that in certain times of the day such as in the morning (8 am) and just before closing (9:30 pm) the pool is virtually empty and we can have it just for ourselves. Hotel guests can see camera footage of the swimming pool in real-time on the TV, which helps decide which moment is right for a quick swim.

Spa is really good, it was actually the reason we chose this hotel. It's modern and offers a broad range of treatments, from massages to facials to various machine-aided treatments. If you want to try a range of different things you may take a whole spa package, which contains a selection of various treatments, but generally you get a better value for money by choosing specific treatments a la carte. I recommend massages and facials, which are done well (although it all depends on the specific masseuse of coure). I was generally not impressed with the machine-aided treatments, which were ok but nothing wow, although I admit that electrostimulation was fun. Salt grotto is an interesting experience and my wife really liked it. Overall I must say that this was one of the best spas I've ever been to. It's a pity that the hotel does not do a good job in promoting it among hotel guests because this place was really a gem.

Overeall this is a solid hotel. It's close enough to Gdynia and Gdanks airport, not far from the seaside, and with good transport links. Great service, good value for money, decent aquapark and a great spa. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Gdanks area.

Room Tip: 1) For no traffic noise ask for a room overlooking the back. 2) Aquapark is best visited early in the morning, throughout the day it tends to be busy. 3) Check out the spa offering!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Williamek
Reviewed 4 February 2012

A girlfriend and I booked a beauty package for the weekend. Overall its been amazing an amazing experience, though some treatments have been better than others. We really enjoyed the "lasting nutrition" body treatment, the package treatment for face, neck and neckline and the milk bath! The full body massage was not as good, as it felt the masuse was on a tight schedule and she needed to finish quickly. I didn't get much out of the salt cave either.... Overall, food was yummy and very Polish. I can definitely recommend this place, but keep in mind it can be a bit cold in the winter time as you have to walk a long way from the room to the spa. Also, it seems to be a popular place for families.... So there are a lot of kids.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank viv_the_boliv
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Well-equipped hotel. I recommend first of all families with children. excellent swimming pool complex for older children, toddler club with a playground, a revelation for children. Large, spacious and comfortable rooms. Very good restaurant with resonable prices. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank slawekg07
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Having chosen this hotel for our wedding reception and having many guests from the UK, all we can say is...........well worth the money!
The staff are very helpful and there is always someone around to help if you need it. most of the staff speak more than one language and the restaurant was superb. Lovely spa facilities and swimming pool, there is even a play room for the kids. Hotel suite was huge and the standard of service was top notch. Well done to the managers and the staff of the Hotel Faltom Rumia and a big thank you for taking such good care of our family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family