“Always wonderful welcome”
Review of The Firs

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blair Atholl
The Firs
Ranked #1 of 3 Blair Atholl B&B and Inns
cambridgeshire
“Always wonderful welcome”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Firs Guest House for three nights in April. We have stayed at The First several times and it is always a most enjoyable stay. This fantastic Guest House has a wonderful host and hostess Kirsty and Geoff. The accommodation is very well maintained and very clean. The bedrooms are beautiful and everything in them is immaculate. Breakfast, normally cooked by Geoff and served by Kirsty, is delicious. The food is excellent and always gives a great start to the day. The location just off the A9 in Blair Atholl provides a great selection of activities and public transport if required. There is no doubt we will be returning to the superbly run House. Geoff and Kirsty are always there with a warm welcome and we would recommend the First Guest House to anyone looking for a great place to eat and sleep!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bunnylovesbali

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Firs twice, once on our way up to the North Coast and then on our return journey two weeks later. Due to being on Chemotherapy at this time, I was a little nervous about where we stayed having booked in advance without knowing The Firs at all, but there was no need. We found the house beautifully kept, the room we stayed in was immaculate, warm and homely. Bed, bedding, towels etc were spotless and of good quality (something you don't always find so we take our own). En suite was also immaculate and shower was good and also quiet ( a worry of mine as we are early risers). Menu and breakfast couldn't be faulted and Kirsty and Geoff are the loveliest of people, warm and attentive without being intrusive. The Firs will definitely be our place to stay when in this part of the country or when passing through. I don't often recommend places to people as one person's pleasure does not fit all, but we personally could not find fault with The Firs or Geoff and Kirsty.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cornwall, England
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked a room at The Firs some months prior to our proposed stay and circumstances forced me to cancel several weeks before the date.
It does of course say that a deposit is non-refundable, but I think given the time scale it was not unreasonable to expect the £50 deposit to be returned. The owners corresponded courteously and offered a refund if the room was relet, but since we were booked in March this was unlikely, so on 2 counts a refund would have been quite reasonable - they hadn't turned anyone away because of a shortage of rooms and March in Scotland is not high season.
We did not receive a refund of our £50 deposit. I'm sorry that they are in the business of taking money from people without providing a service.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Heather C
houston,scotland
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had a very comfortable nights stay at the Firs. The room was lovely, full of character, quality bedding and towels and spotlessly clean.
Kirstie and Geoff gave us such a warm welcome and the breakfast was superb with a wide choice and great local specialities.
We could definitely recommend the Firs

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

What a lovely warm welcome at the end of a long drive....exceptionally clean, excellent breakfast ... wish I could have stayed longer. Definitely recommend this gem ...such caring hosts
This is a very well placed guesthouse for exploring a beautiful part of Scotland

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stumbled across the Tripadvisor ratings for the Firs Guest House in my inbox and although it is a number of years ago since we stayed here, I am pleased to see that the very high standards are exactly as we can recall.

In fact I think we stayed a couple of times at the Firs for two or three nights at a time. Everything was absolutely perfect and the hosts were just superb. We were bagging Munro's at the time and although we no longer do so, we are now into long distance walking.

We would love to return to Blair Atholl again and it would have to be Firs Guest House and I would reccomend anyonbe to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just back from another stay at the delightful Firs! Such a warm and welcoming place to visit: owners Kirstie and Geoff have created a traditional country home atmosphere that makes you feel like an old friend visiting rather than a paying guest. And Blair Atholl – such a beautiful place amongst stunning scenery to escape from the pressures of modern life. This time I travelled by train – a convenient 10 minute walk from the Firs, although my hosts did meet me at the station – and just look at the mist that was hanging in the air when I left. Can’t wait until the next time!

Room Tip: Good choice of rooms - just explain your preferences