“Skip the Chippy”

House of Bruar at Blair Atholl
More attraction details
Owner description: Shopaholics, take note: this shopping complex provides the highest quality Scottish goods at affordable prices.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been regular visitors to House of Bruar, and rate their Restaurant.

Their new Chippy is in my view best avoided. Surly staff, small portions of fish in oily batter.

The only free tap water is from the doggy tap in the car park !

Good chippies in Pitlochry 10 minutes South, visit those in preference to HoB.

HouseOfBruar, Manager at House of Bruar at Blair Atholl, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mr Rotary,

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and would be grateful if you could supply me with your contact information at customerliasion@houseofbruar.com.

Kind Regards

in 21 reviews
"art gallery"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

House of Bruar has become a huge complex of different buildings such that you could spend a whole day there and not get to the end of it. I was there specifically for a morning coffee and it was a bit difficult to figure out which of the many buildings had the cafe. When I found it, I had a good look at what was on offer to eat, and there was a good selection, but I thought it was all very pricey. I don't like to feel I'm being ripped off, and if I'm going to pay premium prices it needs to be for something special. I had a traybake which was alright but nothing to make me shout from the rooftops. I think they are squeezing the customer for all they can get. That said it is good to have facilities there as I was ready for a break and a toilet stop. Just a bit big for me though.

HouseOfBruar, Senior Manager at House of Bruar at Blair Atholl, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback.

We focus ourselves on only supplying the best of quality produce and we feel this reflects fairly in our prices. Our tray bakes for example are home made locally and we believe are superior.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used to love this place; it was a real destination for me on long journeys home.

In recent years, I feel like it has become far, far too cramped; a combination of filling shopping areas to the gunnels, not enough space for the hoards of coaches and passengers to comfortably meander through.

On reflection, they have sold out the space they used to have to additional eating facilities. Whilst these are, by and in large, decent; it is very overpriced - you have been warned! The availability on Saturday at 1.30pm was also incredibly poor?

Final observation: the new fish and chips store. Seems fun, a great idea for those who perhaps want to take away to the Falls of Bruar for a scenic chippy? However, the seafood on inspection was far from fresh and the lobster was incy wincy and overpriced. Would not recommend eating here if you seek fresh fish...

Sadly, House of Bruar appears to have sold its soul.

3  Thank Ladydunedin
HouseOfBruar, Senior Manager at House of Bruar at Blair Atholl, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Reviewer,

We apologise for the delay in responding to you. Myself and another Senior Manager have been looking into your feedback as it is spread over two different departments.

Could you please provide some contact details to customerliaison@houseofbruar.com so we can this discuss further?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped here for a quick coffee and were quite disappointed with the quality of the coffee. It was just ok and we would have expected more from somewhere with 5 star prices and somewhere that prides itself on its high class reputation. We had a scone which was lovely.

We also bought fudge from the pick and mix section of the shop and found it was a bit dry like it had been sitting out for sometime.

The actual venue is stunning and very well presented and clean.

HouseOfBruar, Senior Manager at House of Bruar at Blair Atholl, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write about your visit. We are very happy you enjoyed your scone. Could you please provide some contact details to: customerliaison@houseofbruar.com, we can then discuss your feedback more.