“Fabulous place to stay!”
Review of Beach Inns

and 1 more site!
Beach Inns
Ranked #4 of 258 Speciality Lodging in Matara
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed here in April 2014 for 5 nights and had a wonderful time. Staff were brilliant, they were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Even when we invited 20 people to an evening meal one night they managed to set it all up at relatively short notice and make some amazing food! Everyone who attended was impressed by the location and service and really enjoyed the meal.
The rooms were great (we stayed in the villa). They were clean, comfortable, had air conditioning and had a nice view of the sea.
The location is amazing, right on the beach, but close enough to Matara where we needed to be. I didn't get the opportunity to use the private beach but others in our party really enjoyed spending some time there!
Fiona and Indika are amazing hosts and made us all feel really welcome. I hope to visit again in the future!
I would recommend this to anyone staying in Matara. I've stayed in other hotels in Matara but none of them come close to Beach Inns.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dre S

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My partner and I stayed for two nights.
Location: right on the beach, which is very quiet - perfect if you are looking for some relaxation. Also just 250 minutes from Weligama for Surfing, 15minutes from marissa beach and 10 minutes from matara town (with the rail and bus links). So all in all great location.
Room: we just got a standard room, yet we had a lovely balcony and view. Simple bathroom and basic but comfy beds. Excellent value.
Food: we loved the food, great value and portions!
Staff: The owners were hospitable and friendly, offered great advice and good conversation. The rest of the team were also very good.

Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick H
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Had such a lovely 2 nights in Beach Inns and really couldn't fault the place. I booked just a standard room and wasn't expecting a sea view but to my surprise and delight I had a lovely view of the waves from my balcony! When I first arrived I was showed round by Indika seeing the main spots and the small private beach. The food is amazing and completely fairly priced- I can recommend the toasties, the tuna and the grilled prawns! My room was very clean and comfortable and the beach was lovely and relaxing. There were turtle eggs all along the beach and I was lucky enough to see some hatch! Close to Matara town, Mirissa beach and Polhena beach it has an ideal location. The staff are all so lovely and I would definitely recommend the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sythey
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed at Beach Inns for 9 nights in March 2014 and wish we were back there now!
Big thank you to Fiona, Indiga and all the staff who made us feel welcome very single day. Beautiful location, great food, friendly staff.... I could go on and on!
Definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through - both long and short stays.
Hope to see you again in the future.
All the very best to you all. D&Z

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DarylST
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I spent 6 nights here in February 2014 and I must say that this is one of the best beach hotel I ever stayed in. I am not used to superlative comments, but Beach Inns is what I would call a "Whaaaou place" from the first second you arrive. Everything is close to perfect: price, rooms, food, very kind staff, wifi but above all the localisation right on the sea shore is exceptionnally good, with overwhelming view from the terrace and from the room, and with a nice small beach with sun chairs and shadow. Dining in the terrace in the evening is an enchantment with candles lights and the noise of the waves.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pargamin
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had a great time here with my family. We booked for 1 night but stayed for a week. The place was so friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Kids had a great time playing and swimming at the private beach. As the food is all freshly prepared the kitchen was able to accommodate for different taste in food. All the food prepared was delicious.

Room Tip: If hot water is important to make sure to book their deluxe rooms where hot water is in good supply.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jean b
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed here recently and had a pleasant time. It's a family run hotel on the beach and they also offer food all day including breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks etc. The food here is good with lots of choice and they make REALLY nice pancakes! Try the one with coconut!

The reasons why this isn't a 5 is because of the following:

1. It was extremely hard to find, unless you know the area then its really difficult. We travelled down by scooter and lots of hotels have signs pointing where to turn but not this place! To make it easier for travellers please put signs up so people can find you!
2. This is budget accommodation so I cannot really complain about the price but I would recommend giving the rooms (or at least room 1) a lick of new paint. The room is very tired looking, lot's of marks all over the walls and the bathroom gets rather smelly!

Other than that this place is very nice and the team here are all really accommodating and friendly.

TIP: Beware that the sea infront of the hotel can be VERY choppy and with a strong currency. If you travel down the road to get back on to the main road on the way you will see beautiful came sea with a lovely bit of beach, this was much nicer for a swim. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple