“More than just a great safari!”

Lanka Tracker - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialise in Wildlife & Nature of Sri Lanka and also offer journeys around the island. We have a super team to look after you from your arrival. Taking you to the Wilderness and Beyond...... From Safari journeys in our National Parks, Cultural Areas, Tea Estates and Mountains, Villages and the Ocean. Whilst travelling through the Hill country we always encourage and incorporate trains journeys due to the immense natural beauty that can be viewed. We have a nice selection of accommodation from High-end to Mid-range hotels and some lovely little Guest Houses. If you prefer to take public transport, we can fit into your schedule for Safari & Wildlife journeys. Look forward to meeting you!
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We had an amazing 2 days with Sanjaya and his distinctive yellow jeep and really appreciated being taken to "off the beaten track" places in the national parks so we were away from all the other vehicles. His incredibly sharp eyes spotted a huge number of different animals, birds and reptiles and standing up in the back of the jeep we felt part of the whole beautiful countryside. He has a great sense of humour and it was really interesting to learn about what life is like for locals in Sri Lanka.

We found both Sanjaya and Christine incredibly helpful, which extended beyond our time on their safari. When we needed some assistance with a problem later on our holiday, they went out of their way to help us and offer advice on dealing with the situation. We can't thank them enough, they truly care.

We can wholeheartedly recommend booking a safari with Lanka Tracker...easy to deal with, efficient, knowledgeable and a whole heap of fun.

John and Carol Hart
Melbourne, Australia

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Fantastic 2 day Safari with Sanjaya, both his wife Christine went out of their way to make our trip special, nothing was too much trouble, excellent hotel was booked by them. Sanjaya's knowledge of the Sri Lankan wildlife is second to none. Personal service from start to finish, when we go back to Sri Lanka we will be booking again. Thank you Sanjaya and Christine.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Sanjaya's trip is first rate. He is full of information, great at spotting wildlife and gives excellent value on his safaris. We went to udawalawe national park and saw so much - lots of elephants, water buffalo, crocodiles, monitors, large squirrel, heaps of birds including a couple of rare ones and wild cats (very rare to see). Tips for your journey - a hat that won't blow off, sunglasses/glasses to keep the bugs out of your eyes, sunblock and don't drink too much because there are no toilet stops from park entry until you arrive back at your accomodation (6 hours later)!!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

It was one of the best weekends of my life. Sanjay is an excellent guide and an excellent person.
I've been on a 2-days tour with Lanka Tracker to Udawalawe National Park, and I enjoyed everything: the things I've seen, the information provided by Sanjay, his kindness, knowledge and professionalism, the full-of-personality jeep (I loved that old car!).
Before arriving in Sri Lanka, I contacted Christine, Sanyjay's wife, and she tailored a tour according to my needs. Her and Sanjay made up a great itinerary, and I am very grateful for this. The safari in Udawalawe was fantastic (lots of elephants and beautiful birds), but I also enjoyed visiting the Handunugoda Tea Plantation, the temples in Weherahena and Mulkirigala, the food in a small non-turistic place in Matara, the king-coconut water sipped on the side of the road, in a small village.
And I really appreciated when, after telling Sanjay about the kids I was teaching English in Sri Lanka as part of my volunteering work, he stopped at a store and bought some shiny little sticky stars (and yes, the kids loved them).
Shortly, I cannot recommend him and Lanka Tracker enough.

1  Thank Emanuela I
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Thanks to Lanka Tracker that we had a wonderful time in Sri Lanka! Sanjaya has accompanied us for almost four days during our visit to Udawalawe National Park and Sinharaja Rainforest. Sanjaya is very knowledgeable and excellent in spotting the animals and plants on the way. His lovely jeep provided an amazing experience that is so unforgettable. Christine also helped us a lot in arranging the transportation through the whole journey. I would like to recommend Lanka Tracker to any one who has the interest on a tailor-made tour!